Costa Adeje Tenerife

The forum to discuss anything related to these other styles of catching fish
fergie68
Zander
Zander

Costa Adeje Tenerife

Post by fergie68 »

Anyone one ever done any fishing from the shore here. ?
I'm not interested in boat trips thanks.
ALL FEROX ARE BROWN TROUT BUT NOT ALL BROWN TROUT ARE FEROX "

FEROX 85 GROUP
fenland piker
Roach
Roach

Re: Costa Adeje Tenerife

Post by fenland piker »

I fished near there this summer at Charcos de Armenime, stayed at the Bahia Principe in the north of Costa Adeje. Unfortunately access where we stayed was very limited with only a couple of ways down the almost vertical rocks. Found a deeper cove I could climb down and spent a few hours chucking lures with a telescopic rod I always take on holiday.
Fiish minnows in small sizes (18g red/white worked well and green not so effective) and small dexter wedges caught a number of Atlantic Snakefish up to maybe a pound. They fought well on light spinning gear and were interesting as I had never caught one before. I tried a variety of other small sea lures, plugs and shads, sandeel imitations, without a bite.
Deeper water close in over a sandy bottom and fished on a rising tide, let the lure sink almost all the way down and a slow retrieve. There must be loads of other species of fish there but that was all I caught.
There was a larger bay to the south but it was too hot to be trekking there when I stayed. Further south around the coast where the majority of resorts are, the access is better, but there are more people about from what I remember of previous visits.
Speaking to a local spear fisherman, they get a variety of big pelagic species close to the coast around that area at certain times of year. We stayed in June and he was after smaller Tuna maybe 70 yards out on the edge of deeper water.
spincityfan
Chub
Chub

Post by spincityfan »

I've fished at Los Cristianos, not that far from where you'll be.

Fished LRF style and caught tons of fish. Ornate Wrasse, Damsel Fish, Lizard Fish and a few others I can't remember.
Use a piece of Power Isome worm on a small hook with a shot up the line.

I think you may need a permit nowadays.
Introducing the worlds worst Barbel Angler,

Mr Ash Shaw
fergie68
Zander
Zander

Post by fergie68 »

Thanks guys . I've fished the rocks from Lanzarote before and had plenty float fishing bread I had a total blank with lures .
I was actually in Los Cristiano last year but didn't have my rod with me.

That sounds encouraging that I can catch on lures.

FEROX 85 GROUP
spincityfan
Chub
Chub

Post by spincityfan »

I did see some huge fish as well, in the harbour there was a massive ray that would swim past and on the quay there was something carp shaped, not sure what the species was.

Mr Ash Shaw
fergie68
Zander
Zander

Post by fergie68 »

DSC_0738.JPG
DSC_0739.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FEROX 85 GROUP
fergie68
Zander
Zander

Post by fergie68 »

DSC_0744.JPG
DSC_0745.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FEROX 85 GROUP
fergie68
Zander
Zander

Post by fergie68 »

All on bread but I don't have a clue what any of them are called. All on float fished bread .

FEROX 85 GROUP
RAB-HENDO
Zander
Zander

Post by RAB-HENDO »

Got papped oot the tackle shop in Los cris for not having a t shirt onπŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•
DANCES WAE PIKE
AndyLarkins
Perch
Perch

Post by AndyLarkins »

Done a bit off the rocks a couple of months ago.... crazy good looking fish! :cool: just took a few bits-n-bobs of terminal tackle out with me, and grabbed a throwaway telescopic rod and reel combo from one of the local gift shops :joker: (due to airline restrictions)
IMG-20230915-WA0074.jpg
Image http://www.canterburypac.blogspot.com
"C'MON!.. Ya like a fat girl in red shoes" Andy Brown 2015
spincityfan
Chub
Chub

Post by spincityfan »

AndyLarkins wrote: ↑Tue Nov 28 2023 20:20 -
Done a bit off the rocks a couple of months ago.... crazy good looking fish! :cool: just took a few bits-n-bobs of terminal tackle out with me, and grabbed a throwaway telescopic rod and reel combo from one of the local gift shops :joker: (due to airline restrictions)
IMG-20230915-WA0074.jpg
Thats an Ornate Wrasse, very nice looking fish.

Imagine what they would be like live baited for Pike :stir:

Mr Ash Shaw
fergie68
Zander
Zander

Post by fergie68 »

AndyLarkins wrote: ↑Tue Nov 28 2023 20:20 -
IMG-20230915-WA0074.jpg
I stuck a 4 piece spinning rod with a wee baitrunner and 2 spools 6lb and 12lb into my suitcase and a few floats hooks weights and lures . It's all you need.

FEROX 85 GROUP
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton »

Interesting thread! I'm gonna see the new year in in Lanzarote and hadn't even considered taking a rod?

(I think I may now face)
fergie68
Zander
Zander

Post by fergie68 »

Unfortunately I'm not taking my rod this time . I just don't have room but I will be sussing it out for a trip in January or February.

FEROX 85 GROUP
cookiesdaughtersdad
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad »

I always take a bit of gear on holiday.
An ET sneaker fits (just) into a case along with a collapsible whip from Go outdoors.
I take a few lures, leads and bits and pieces, plus a few pre tied Drennan rigs for the whip.
Plastic bread is a winner for the whip but doesn't always fool them so a couple of bread punches go in the bag.
A great tip from my local tackle dealer is to use a tiny piece of bacon rind when fishing mashed bread :thumbs:

Caught a few Bonito from Lanzarote which was exhilarating stuff and always thought it must be possible on all those Islands but not yet. I did have a 98.5kg Big eye tuna from a boat a few years back off Tenerife but the Bonito from the rocks was much more fun!

Cheers, Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.
Oldskoolfool
Perch
Perch

Post by Oldskoolfool »

Last time I fished abroad in the sea bread was the bait using a bog std drennan chubber/olivette set up