Winter on the flooded Hampshire Avon

The forum to discuss anything related to these other styles of catching fish
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Winter on the flooded Hampshire Avon

Post by Mike J »

A few hours trotting on the river and a little birdie came to say hullo and enjoy some of my bait.

Fish, not a single bite, nor did anyone else from all reports. No matter still nice to be out.

Last edited by Mike J on Mon Dec 25 2023 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Re: Winter on the flooded Hampshire Avon

Post by stubbojo »

mike i have been feeding the robins myself , been taking bird seed lately and the same robins comes to me every time on the big pit .....
and t*ts , black birds and wrens ........its just good to be out there mike , feeling a lot better lately too...
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

stubbojo wrote: Wed Dec 06 2023 23:09 -
mike i have been feeding the robins myself , been taking bird seed lately and the same robins comes to me every time on the big pit .....
and t*ts , black birds and wrens ........its just good to be out there mike , feeling a lot better lately too...

Really good to know your on the up.
Totally agree about getting out with a rod in your hand, it always makes you feel better even if its for a blank, as long as there is not to many. At the mo it doesn't help that the sea is like soup and the bass seem have emigrated, should have expected it as Id stocked up with some top quality bait.

Tomorrow looks promising so Im planning a day on a lake, trying for some of its elusive roach on the float.Next week looks promising, a new moon and a warm SWesterly, so I will be getting more days in before Xmas and all that brings us.

Wildlife
One if my bird boxes has been taken over by a family of field mice, each night they clean up the spills from the bird table so I thought Id see how much they could eat by putting increasing amounts of sunflower seeds, maxed out wad a heaped table spoonful :grin: going to try for a night shot on my trail cam next.

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
fossil-fish
Perch
Perch

Post by fossil-fish »

Lovely picture. Just captures so much about why we go fishing. Some days you don't need to catch (although wouldn't like to make a habit of not catching either).
Michael Bruton
Fentiger01
Disco Dave
Disco Dave

Post by Fentiger01 »

Lovely picture that Mike. 👍
Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!
martin(rockape)
Barbel
Barbel

Post by martin(rockape) »

Mike J wrote: Wed Dec 06 2023 22:41 -
A few hours trotting on the river with this little fellow who came to say hullo and enjoy some of my bait.
3B17F2A0-92A0-4F4E-86E7-34E74FB39A58.jpeg

Fish, not a single bite, nor did anyone else from all reports. No matter still nice to be out.

It's little things like this that makes a good day.
:thumbs:

Regards

Martin
Martin Alexander aka Alex, Spic.
Jack H
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Jack H »

Great picture. Always nice to see and feed the robins whilst out fishing :thumbs:
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Jack H wrote: Thu Dec 07 2023 22:08 -
Great picture. Always nice to see and feed the robins whilst out fishing :thumbs:
Seemed to be asking where the food was and a little while later a few. little red worms and a bit of mash went down well.