Slider floats - recomendations

The forum to discuss anything related to these other styles of catching fish
Kevin O'Keeffe
Charity Fundraiser
Charity Fundraiser

Slider floats - recomendations

Post by Kevin O'Keeffe »

Started fishing a deep water from the boat and lives are plentiful in 20ft plus. I caught a few on the feeder straight down but it was totally calm yesterday and tried a slider set up with a weighted float and much better for catching. Too light though once the breeze got up so I am looking for some decent heavy slider floats suitable for the situation. I dont see the loc slids as suitable from a boat that may be moving a bit on anchor?

Any recommendations?
Love the hit!
OLDESOX
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Slider floats - recomendations

Post by OLDESOX »

hI KEV , these are heavy and I use them at distance https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/distance- ... hing-float. how ever a loc tite as you say does not work when line is not tight. so a float ledger set up might be best shame when livvies at mid water :wink: :wink:
retired so time to smell the roses.
Kevin O'Keeffe
Charity Fundraiser
Charity Fundraiser

Post by Kevin O'Keeffe »

Too heavy on the float for me mate. want 4AAA plus on the bottom end to get it down quick. 4g on the float keeps it near the hooklink on the cast... rest as bulk pref
Love the hit!
OLDESOX
Barbel
Barbel

Post by OLDESOX »

retired so time to smell the roses.
Daniel
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Daniel »

Cralusso will make something to suit your needs. Excellent floats that work how they should.
Oldskoolfool
Perch
Perch

Post by Oldskoolfool »

Look at the drake floats on the benwick sports website perfect for thr job
Gary Coggon
Roach
Roach

Post by Gary Coggon »

Oldskoolfool wrote: Sat Dec 09 2023 13:14 -
I’ll second that. From recommendation on here I’ve just bought a 3 + 5 g and a 3 + 8 g. The body and adjustable weights are nicely made and they fly well on the cast.

Only downside is that socket for the interchageable tips was way too tight on both of mine, with the result that the socket plastic split on one and the tip became immovable on the other. I just trimmed them and glued the orange tips in permanently and they’re fine now. My niggle is shouldn’t have to do it at early £6 per float. But, for me, better than the faff of sending back…
Gary Coggon
Kevin O'Keeffe
Charity Fundraiser
Charity Fundraiser

Post by Kevin O'Keeffe »

Gary Coggon wrote: Sat Dec 09 2023 15:42 -
Oldskoolfool wrote: Sat Dec 09 2023 13:14 -
I’ll second that. From recommendation on here I’ve just bought a 3 + 5 g and a 3 + 8 g. The body and adjustable weights are nicely made and they fly well on the cast.

Only downside is that socket for the interchageable tips was way too tight on both of mine, with the result that the socket plastic split on one and the tip became immovable on the other. I just trimmed them and glued the orange tips in permanently and they’re fine now. My niggle is shouldn’t have to do it at early £6 per float. But, for me, better than the faff of sending back…
Plenty of choice on the Benwick site. Thanks chaps.
Love the hit!
Garyd
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Garyd »

https://www.benwick-sports.co.uk/bolo/9 ... colour-red

I use this type float from the boat. If you go with these don't slide off the bulk or you'll get lots of tangles. Put a no. 6 a few foot above your bulk and it will reduce tangles