Tel again.

Post by Bob Watson »

Tells a good story.

Jack H
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Re: Tel again.

Post by Jack H »

Great watch. Always look forward to Terrys videos, Such a good storyteller.

Jack
pikin
Perch
Perch

Post by pikin »

Awesome Video, listened to him talk three times over the years the first time was way back when no one really knew who he was.
I like Carp fishing at times but do not like most Carpers.
But I could listen to Tel all day.
A good all rounder as well.
Paul Ikin
Oldskoolfool
Perch
Perch

Post by Oldskoolfool »

A good video and I can only admire his dedication
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

pikin wrote: Mon Dec 25 2023 18:44 -
Awesome Video, listened to him talk three times over the years the first time was way back when no one really knew who he was.
he likes perch fishing .....big perch
Alex Fox
Zander
Zander

Post by Alex Fox »

I watched it and did actually enjoy it, but for the time he put in to catch it I don't think it was a big achievement, just dedication to catching that one fish in a small pond, took eight years and over 60 nights in the first summer alone. Am surprised it took him so long to change to more natural baits, surely a big juicy lobworm would have been a must try early on !
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

Alex Fox wrote: Wed Jan 03 2024 15:26 -
I watched it and did actually enjoy it, but for the time he put in to catch it I don't think it was a big achievement, just dedication to catching that one fish in a small pond, took eight years and over 60 nights in the first summer alone. Am surprised it took him so long to change to more natural baits, surely a big juicy lobworm would have been a must try early on !
He'd make a good eel angler :laughs:

I've always said, fishing is many different things to many different people. One mans' meat :thumbs:
Jack H
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Jack H »

stubbojo wrote: Tue Jan 02 2024 20:58 -
pikin wrote: Mon Dec 25 2023 18:44 -
he likes perch fishing .....big perch
There’s some cracking chub in his second book.

Jack
Alex Fox
Zander
Zander

Post by Alex Fox »

Bob Watson wrote: Wed Jan 03 2024 18:32 -

I've always said, fishing is many different things to many different people. One mans' meat :thumbs:

Yes I totally agree Bob, but can you imagine the enjoyment you would get hidden away on a tiny rat infested island for 30 nights on the trot all by yourself catching fcuk all, then going back for more in the pursuit of one fish in a pond that quite a few people have caught already.
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

Alex Fox wrote: Thu Jan 04 2024 19:32 -
Bob Watson wrote: Wed Jan 03 2024 18:32 -

Yes I totally agree Bob, but can you imagine the enjoyment you would get hidden away on a tiny rat infested island for 30 nights on the trot all by yourself catching fcuk all, then going back for more in the pursuit of one fish in a pond that quite a few people have caught already.
Not my cuppa, I don't mind not catching but f**k the rats.
RayB
Perch
Perch

Post by RayB »

And he would of caught loads of nuisance fish doing it Alex, not what he wanted..
Ray Brown.
You got to do what you want to do when you want to do it..
Alex Fox
Zander
Zander

Post by Alex Fox »

RayB wrote: Fri Jan 05 2024 10:44 -
And he would of caught loads of nuisance fish doing it Alex, not what he wanted..
Apart from catching the big fish, over the eight years he caught the same 12 ponder four times and an eel

But as Bob says, everyone to their own ... as long as they enjoy it :thumbs:
RayB
Perch
Perch

Post by RayB »

Alex Fox wrote: Fri Jan 05 2024 12:17 -
RayB wrote: Fri Jan 05 2024 10:44 -
Apart from catching the big fish, over the eight years he caught the same 12 ponder four times and an eel

But as Bob says, everyone to their own ... as long as they enjoy it :thumbs:
Thats why we go :thumbs:
Ray Brown.
You got to do what you want to do when you want to do it..