Savage Gear Shoulder Bag

DublinPiker
Stickleback
Stickleback

Savage Gear Shoulder Bag

Post by DublinPiker »

http://savage-gear.com/product/sling-shoulder-bag/

Got this from fishingmegastore.com for £32.

I was looking at many other bags but this was the best one I could find for my purpose and was also fairly priced in comparison to others on the market.

Great for spinning on canals or rivers. I use it for UL spinning and the tackle box is full of pre-rigged soft plastics, traces, jig heads etc.

The other pocket has the 5 clear zip bags which I store all spare soft plastics in and has enough room to squeeze a sandwich in. Also a small scissors, snips, forceps, and a small spool of fluoro in case I want to dropshot.

One of the main selling points for me is that it has bands to hold both rod and net.

I was going to get a cheaper, more functional bag such as those on AliExpress or by Leeda/Stillwater, but my whole aim was to minimize the amount of gear I carry while fishing. Yes those bags would allow me to comfortably fit a load of gear that I will never use, but I realized that was pointless.

I have not used it with my big lure setup yet. I have tried to fit a 19cm 4play and it barely fits in the stock tackle box, so this bag might not be so suitable if you want to carry a good few big lures with you. Again, the bag is more for a minimal approach so you will get away with a very small selection of big lures.

My only grip is that the adjustment slider on the shoulder strap doesn't fit through the padding unless you really pull hard which could risk damaging the strap.