REEL VALUE (Okuma Service Agent)

BillCollins
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

REEL VALUE (Okuma Service Agent)

Post by BillCollins »

My 2 Okuma Epix Pro EPB50's have just arrived home after a long overdue service/overhaul and I must say they feel like absolutely brand new :smile: . This man John Wordsworth is widely praised for the standard of his work and not without just cause. Most makes can be serviced or repaired at competitive rates. I paid £46.50 which covered a full service, new anti reverse switch springs and bits, new side plate gaskets, one new bearing in each reel, plus £14 recorded post to Ireland. A bargain in my eyes and looking forward to several more years of use from these refreshed old favourites of mine. :thumbs:
Marcraft are for queers.
davethehawghunter
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Re: REEL VALUE (Okuma Service Agent)

Post by davethehawghunter »

That’s a comforting review,I sent 5 shimanos to him a couple of days ago on the advice of a friend.
ChrisWales
Chub
Chub

Post by ChrisWales »

+1 for John, thoroughly recommend.
BillCollins
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by BillCollins »

ChrisWales wrote: Wed Mar 27 2019 20:16 -
+1 for John, thoroughly recommend.
Indeed. I've dealt with him before, top man.
There were some tiny wear and tear marks and scratches on the bodies of my reels, did'nt bother me, but he even touched those up with some black epoxy which is almost undetectable.
Marcraft are for queers.
Jellybait
Roach
Roach

Post by Jellybait »

HI Bill
Do you know if he does all types of reels like shimano multis (sea fishing) and baitrunners ? also could you pass on his details please
thanks
BillCollins
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by BillCollins »

Jellybait wrote: Thu Mar 28 2019 07:36 -
HI Bill
Do you know if he does all types of reels like shimano multis (sea fishing) and baitrunners ? also could you pass on his details please
thanks

He'll service or repair most stuff Donan, and can make or modify some parts if original parts are no longer available for old models, etc.
07528 196668
tacklemanjohn@gmail.com
fishermanjohn@gmx.co.uk
Or, as I did, you can just pack your stuff and send it to him with a note containing your contact details and a clear explanation of what you want done, the problem with each reel, etc
John Wordsworth
Reel Value
50A Rosehill road
Rawmarsh
Rotherham
UK
S62 7BX
Marcraft are for queers.
Jason Skilton
Zander
Zander

Post by Jason Skilton »

He a top fella and really knowledgeable !
Jellybait
Roach
Roach

Post by Jellybait »

BillCollins wrote: Thu Mar 28 2019 10:22 -
HI Bill
thanks

He'll service or repair most stuff Donan, and can make or modify some parts if original parts are no longer available for old models, etc.
07528 196668
tacklemanjohn@gmail.com
fishermanjohn@gmx.co.uk
Or, as I did, you can just pack your stuff and send it to him with a note containing your contact details and a clear explanation of what you want done, the problem with each reel, etc
John Wordsworth
Reel Value
50A Rosehill road
Rawmarsh
Rotherham
UK
S62 7BX
Great stuff Bill - Just the type of lad ive been looking for - Ive an old tld 5 that id love to get repaired also - I reckon he is the man
thanks
BillCollins
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by BillCollins »

Jellybait wrote: Fri Mar 29 2019 08:06 -
BillCollins wrote: Thu Mar 28 2019 10:22 -
HI Bill
thanks

07528 196668
tacklemanjohn@gmail.com
fishermanjohn@gmx.co.uk
John Wordsworth
Reel Value
50A Rosehill road
Rawmarsh
Rotherham
UK
S62 7BX
Great stuff Bill - Just the type of lad ive been looking for - Ive an old tld 5 that id love to get repaired also - I reckon he is the man
thanks
:thumbs:
Marcraft are for queers.
davethehawghunter
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by davethehawghunter »

I have used this company for the first time for my Shimano 4500b’s over the last week. John has serviced 2 and done minor repairs on 3 others. Work was completed within a couple of days and I was charged less than £40 including the return postage. Great service .
Kevin O'Keeffe
Charity Fundraiser
Charity Fundraiser

Post by Kevin O'Keeffe »

Top service for my Okumas. Plus sourced spare spools that where obsolete for me. Nice bloke too.
Love the hit!