Online Baits UK

Marty
Chub
Chub

Online Baits UK

Post by Marty »

I thought i'd try these guys http://www.onlinebaitsuk.com for the first time as they have a good selection of deads and fair bit cheaper than some others (Image )

heres the story:

ordered on their website and a couple of hours later the phone rang. Was a nice lady called Julie who advised me that they were out of large blueys until next delivery in 2 days time - would i like a replacement, to wait till they came in, or credit me back the cost? She then told me my bait would arrive next day as i'd requested, even though i live in the wilds of wales.

Following day nothing turned up by 5pm, so i rang Julie and expressed my concern. She checked her system and told me the bait had been delivered at 4.35pm so something was amiss. She rang the courier they use, who confirmed they had delivered it. I suspected that they must have delivered it to wrong house, as i live in the middle of nowhere and sat nav directions are a bit dodgy. Julie told me to leave it with her and sh'd ring me in the morning once she had got more info from the courier.... at this point i was a bit grumpy although couldn't fault Julie as they were at least trying to find out.

I got a call the next morning as promised, and Julie explained the courier had left my bait on doorstep as no-one was in when they called. (when you order from these guys they stipulate that if no-one is in on the day you specify for delivery the bait will be left, due to nature of the goods)

i told her they must have left at the wrong address then, as it wasn't here! She told me to give her half an hour and she's come back to me. Half hour later she rang, with the description of the house it was left at - yep, was the next farm from me a mile away! She apologised profusely, and took responsibility for the couriers mistake. She took some detailed info about my address, rang the courier and arranged for them to pick up the bait from my neighbor (a mile away) and redeliver it to me, and a few hours later a sheepish courier arrived with my deadbaits!

Now these baits had left Online Baits coldstore (in Essex i think?) at 6am the previous morning, been transported to Wales, left on a doorstep, and at 5pm the next day delivered to me. Thats 35 hours. The baits were still half-frozen! They were wrapped in newspaper, covered with icepacks and tightly packed in a polystyrene box.

I rang julie to tell her i had em at last, and without any prompting she apologised for the mixup and delay and insisted that they sent me another duplicate order free of charge as recompense for the error, regardless of whether the baits i had were useable or not. (which they were)

A box appeared the next afternoon, quality baits and completely rock hard frozen. (and free!Image )

now in my book this sort of service is rare - even though there was a mixup the attitude of the company and the quality of the bait was top class so i'd recommend them wholeheartedly to other forum members.
Last edited by Marty on Thu Jan 26 2012 03:21, edited 1 time in total.
Simon Farrow PAC
Chub
Chub

Re: Online Baits UK

Post by Simon Farrow PAC »

Used them twice Marty and like you found baits were well packed with ice and paper for insulation, my only tiny gripe was with their Smelts which didn't.....................well smell Image I couldn't get a take on them anywhere I used them. Image

(minor problem but service 100%) Image
Narfuk boi who dont talk squit or suffer it

Alarm repairs/modifications/advice
Marty
Chub
Chub

Post by Marty »

Simon Farrow PAC wrote:
Used them twice Marty and like you found baits were well packed with ice and paper for insulation, my only tiny gripe was with their Smelts which didn't.....................well smell Image I couldn't get a take on them anywhere I used them. Image

I didn't order any smelts Si... !!! glad i didn't now, but I'm ringing them in the morning so will try and find out whats going on there! the mini blueys, pollan and roach were all top notch.
pikin
Perch
Perch

Post by pikin »

Used them a few times and I have been very happy with the service they provide.

Got an order coming this Friday
Paul Ikin
Jon Cook
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Jon Cook »

Anther vote from me too, although i'll stick with nev's super smelts.
Steve C
Perch
Perch

Post by Steve C »

Just out of interest, what with UK eel legal conservation measures
now in place, does anyone know where these bait companies get their stocks?

Quote BOL …………..All of our eels come into us live so
we can assure the angler of the highest quality
Rob Sidell
Roach
Roach

Post by Rob Sidell »

Simon Farrow PAC wrote:

Know what you mean about the smelt Simon:| but have managed to catch a few fish on them:)
spincityfan
Chub
Chub

Post by spincityfan »

what do they charge for delivery?
Introducing the worlds worst Barbel Angler,

Mr Ash Shaw
pikingslabber
Chub
Chub

Post by pikingslabber »

when i was in management i was taught that a customer who complains is a good customer,,,,,cos they are giving you the chance to redeem yourself instead of walking away and getting your product elsewhere,,,and thats what online baits did,,they kept you...good on them,top sevice
THORNY
Chub
Chub

Post by THORNY »

spincityfan wrote:
£7 but if your order is £60 or more its free..Image
spincityfan
Chub
Chub

Post by spincityfan »

THORNY wrote:
spincityfan wrote:
£7 but if your order is £60 or more its free..Image
thanks. thats pretty reasonable Image

Mr Ash Shaw
Marty
Chub
Chub

Post by Marty »

what i liked is that i could order small amounts of different baits rather than have to order a ton of each sort. I use a lot of roach, bream and blueys but like to have a few maccys and smelt etc so could buy exactly what i wanted of each rather than bulk packs of everything.
gus666
Zander
Zander
Location: Auld Ayr, wham ne'er a toon surpasses, For Honest Men and bonnie lassies...

Post by gus666 »

I did a bulk order in December and have to say they were 1st rate-only trouble is that they can't give me any idea when they'll get trout back in stock.
Jock Gordon
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jock Gordon »

Whats the big bag of trout like ie what size are they ?
harelawhenry
Barbel
Barbel

Post by harelawhenry »

ive got 3000 live broonies at 6oz............ Image
Jock Gordon
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jock Gordon »

harelawhenry wrote:

Thats just greed Alex Image wanna share some ?
Kevin O'Keeffe
Charity Fundraiser
Charity Fundraiser

Post by Kevin O'Keeffe »

I live just round the corner from online baits so its easy to pop round and found em to be on the money.

I had some - "non smelly smelts" last winter from a local tackle store to where i was staying on a weekend away... never had em from Online baits tho. Again... not sure why that should be? Weird as they looked fine? Caught on em tho.
Love the hit!
gus666
Zander
Zander
Location: Auld Ayr, wham ne'er a toon surpasses, For Honest Men and bonnie lassies...

Post by gus666 »

Jock Gordon wrote:
Two sizes Jock-big yins at 7-9" and bulk at about 4-5" (I think).
Not bought them yet, OOS. But the rest of the bait is good gear.
gus666
Zander
Zander

Post by gus666 »

harelawhenry wrote:
Ah'll gie ye a hand tae make them deadbaits, Alex! Image
AndyOBrien
Chub
Chub

Post by AndyOBrien »

harelawhenry wrote:
I'll take them, lol!
dannycarter86
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by dannycarter86 »

i had a big order at the start of the season and i must say i was impressed with the service, the bait arrived when stated and was still frozen rock solid, my only small gripe was the eels were a little smaller than stated. but except from that spot on service.
Jock Gordon
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jock Gordon »

gus666 wrote:
Jock Gordon wrote:
Two sizes Jock-big yins at 7-9" and bulk at about 4-5" (I think).
Not bought them yet, OOS. But the rest of the bait is good gear.

Cheers Gus Image
spincityfan
Chub
Chub

Post by spincityfan »

how tough are their macks? been using dynamite baits this season and they are too soft for me, hooks falling out etc.

Mr Ash Shaw
AndyOBrien
Chub
Chub

Post by AndyOBrien »

I find Nevilles baits better than any others out there Image
Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jimk2 »

I find Nevs baits excellent, just received £140 worth this morning. Would of been a lot cheaper from online baits
gus666
Zander
Zander

Post by gus666 »

spincityfan wrote:
how tough are their macks? been using dynamite baits this season and they are too soft for me, hooks falling out etc.
Not used them yet, but I was dissapointed with the last lot of Joeys I got from Nev.
Maybe just unlucky that time, he's always been good.
adam ball
Chub
Chub

Post by adam ball »

i use them and always happy with there baits Image
Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jimk2 »

Think I'll try these next time I need to stock up, they are much cheaper than Nevs,
AndyOBrien
Chub
Chub

Post by AndyOBrien »

Jim, Nev's baits are the best bar none, I would rather pay his prices than compromise on quality.
Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jimk2 »

AndyOBrien wrote:
Jim, Nev's baits are the best bar none, I would rather pay his prices than compromise on quality.
Andy, that's the approach I've made the last few purchases, but surely the likes of roach etc. Cannot be any different? And the fact the order I put in has doubled.

Hopefully after getting bulk pollen, small mackerel, big mackerel, bulk roach, bulk lamprey, bluey and some smelt packs and sand eel packs. It's going to be a while for a next order. The freezer is full.