Glasgow angling centre

Burnyburnside
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Glasgow angling centre

Post by Burnyburnside »

Received a new rod on Friday from Glasgow angling, unfortunately yesterday one of the ceramics popped out of the line guides within the first few casts, think it was 3rd or 4th one down so it wasn't asiff I'd caught it with my trace ...... Anyway I sent a email yesterday to which I received a phone call today from Andy who was very apologetic, I understand it wasn't their fault it's a manufacturing issue.
He asked if I wanted a replacement sending, refund or alternative rod and spoke to me in depth about the what it is I want to get out of a rod ect.... He's sending a new rod out to me asap and the courier will be taking the broken one back with him.
Very impressed with the customer service I received.
It's not the first and it won't be the last time I order from them. Brilliant shop 👍
Stewlaws
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Glasgow angling centre

Post by Stewlaws »

Exactly the feedback that angling shops want in these hard retail times ... good service.
David Vaissiere
Chub
Chub

Post by David Vaissiere »

Had exactly the same last year with a couple of barbel rods I bought from them, one of the eyes was broken on one of the rods and they didn't know so I contacted them and they phoned me back apologised and 2 days later I had a replacement rod and the other one was taken back to them.
Absolutely bang on service from them as always
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that. YNWA
morph
Perch
Perch

Post by morph »

A few years ago I brought an shimano 6000OC off them. It was on sale and out the pike season so when it arrived I just stuck it in the cupboard. When I went to spool it up it was very crunchy and grinding. Was well out the normal returns window. But when I rung them they were so helpful, said the only thing they couldn't do was refund as it was so long since purchase. But did send out a new reel and collected the old one.
Top notch service.
JoeNickel
Chub
Chub

Post by JoeNickel »

I just bought two big pit reels from them. One was the reel as ordered. The other was the matching spod reel, which I didn't want. Quick phone call, they were very apologetic. Sorted the internal delivery of the correct reel from their Edinburgh store. Then arranged for a courier to drop it off with me, and collect the spod reel. Couple of emails in between to keep me updated with progress. Brilliant customer service.
The dildo of consequences rarely arrives lubed