Abu Beast folding net.

Cyprio
Chub
Chub

Abu Beast folding net.

Post by Cyprio »

My SG folding net is showing its age, joints loose screws rusting and coming out also net rubber cracking up.
I have just received a folding Abu Beast, 80x70 same size as my SG.
Comparing the two the Abu build quality is in a different league. The mechanism for release is a one press button on the top of the rail so net once slid to the other end locks into place. They have added a second lock for the arms which auto locks when arms folded out, release is via a collar which slides down. It also has a support/carrying handle on the frame which balances the net well.

The other plus is it’s noticeably deeper than the SG with a more tapered bottom with weight in it 1.2m compared with the flat springboard of the SG which will hopefully put a stop to 2nd netting 20lb+ pike that seem to jump straight out of MY SG :roll:

That’s all the positives. Downsides which as long as it performs well I can live with;
It weighs in at 3lb compared to the SG of 2lb.
When open and holding onto the handle it’s 10oz heavier at the net end. But seeing as I won’t be walking long distance with it I can cope with that.

As long as I can get fishing this winter, if it’s not as good as it looks I’ll update review :wink:
7F7513E3-D406-40BD-8176-8DB181E3AFC9.jpeg
Locks: Red arrow Slide Release
Yellow Arm Release
122E7C76-729E-44B6-BE31-334ACBAA58B3.jpeg
86289227-79BD-4E89-8F97-F41794893040.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andy Carpenter
suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Re: Abu Beast folding net.

Post by suffolk si »

Cyprio wrote: Mon Sep 27 2021 19:22 -
My SG folding net is showing its age, joints loose screws rusting and coming out also net rubber cracking up.
I have just received a folding Abu Beast, 80x70 same size as my SG.
Comparing the two the Abu build quality is in a different league. The mechanism for release is a one press button on the top of the rail so net once slid to the other end locks into place. They have added a second lock for the arms which auto locks when arms folded out, release is via a collar which slides down. It also has a support/carrying handle on the frame which balances the net well.

The other plus is it’s noticeably deeper than the SG with a more tapered bottom with weight in it 1.2m compared with the flat springboard of the SG which will hopefully put a stop to 2nd netting 20lb+ pike that seem to jump straight out of MY SG :roll:

That’s all the positives. Downsides which as long as it performs well I can live with;
It weighs in at 3lb compared to the SG of 2lb.
When open and holding onto the handle it’s 10oz heavier at the net end. But seeing as I won’t be walking long distance with it I can cope with that.

As long as I can get fishing this winter, if it’s not as good as it looks I’ll update review :wink:

7F7513E3-D406-40BD-8176-8DB181E3AFC9.jpeg
Locks: Red arrow Slide Release
Yellow Arm Release
122E7C76-729E-44B6-BE31-334ACBAA58B3.jpeg
86289227-79BD-4E89-8F97-F41794893040.jpeg
Glad it’s not just me that has twenties escape the SG net! How do they compare price wise Andy?
Cyprio
Chub
Chub

Re: Abu Beast folding net.

Post by Cyprio »

It sounds like were bragging catching twenties, :woot:
but no other size has jumped out.
Would it increase the tally if Netted twice :suspect:
Same but different :stir:

£80 plus postage from Todber Manor. Compared with my SG that I paid sub £30 with those crazy eBay sales :laughs:

But it looks and feels quality.
Andy Carpenter