RUOTO OY, FINLAND.

BillCollins
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

RUOTO OY, FINLAND.

Post by BillCollins »

Having decided to add yet another Komodo 364 to my collection (coz I need it, like... :roll: ), the next problem was locating any as they're thin on the ground at the moment. Anyway, this shop seemed to have them in stock and at a good price, so I gave them a try. Ordered on the 3rd and it arrived here in Ireland with DHL this morning, not bad going. €199 and free delivery, I think I'll be buying from them again.. :thumbs:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marcraft are for queers.
Steve Le maitre
Barbel
Barbel

Re: RUOTO OY, FINLAND.

Post by Steve Le maitre »

Very nice Bill !
You are not wrong when you say there’re thin on the ground - been looking for a KDS-463 LX or a KDS-463PLX for months :pale:
BillCollins
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by BillCollins »

Steve Le maitre wrote: Tue Feb 08 2022 21:09 -
Very nice Bill !
You are not wrong when you say there’re thin on the ground - been looking for a KDS-463 LX or a KDS-463PLX for months :pale:
That's 5 of 'em now Steve, they're becoming a bit of a habit.!!... :roll: ..£££...
Hard enough to find any 364's, best of luck with the search for a 463, like hen's teeth at the moment.
Marcraft are for queers.
Steve Le maitre
Barbel
Barbel

Have you got a 463 Bill ? I’ve been toying with the idea of one for ages, decide I want one and can’t find one anywhere !
I assume they’ve not been discontinued and it’s a supply problem- hopefully.
Never have too many reels Bill :dizzy:
BillCollins
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by BillCollins »

Steve Le maitre wrote: Wed Feb 09 2022 19:23 -
Have you got a 463 Bill ? I’ve been toying with the idea of one for ages, decide I want one and can’t find one anywhere !
I assume they’ve not been discontinued and it’s a supply problem- hopefully.
Never have too many reels Bill :dizzy:
No Steve, mine are all 364's, 4 of the SS model and one of the earlier ones with the red trim. I have a mate who has a 463 and it's a bit of a lump, made for chucking and trolling really big stuff and playing big fish, the yanks use 'em for stuff up to a few hundred lbs. Mine are used for bait fishing and trolling lures as they have really loud clickers, louder than an Abu and do the same jobs as my 6501's and 6601's did, for an ability comparison.
I probably have room for another one yet (or maybe 2... :dizzy: )
Marcraft are for queers.
Steve Le maitre
Barbel
Barbel

Nice smooth drags the Okumas. A much underrated reel Bill, you should buy more !! :laughs:
BillCollins
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by BillCollins »

Don't encourage me Steve, when it comes to buying gear I don't need much prodding.. :clown:... :laughs:
Marcraft are for queers.
Steve Le maitre
Barbel
Barbel

BillCollins wrote: Wed Feb 09 2022 20:55 -
Don't encourage me Steve, when it comes to buying gear I don't need much prodding.. :clown:... :laughs:
:idea: It’s a good job Freddie Mercury never collect reels, he’d of had thousands :eek: …… :laughs:
BillCollins
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by BillCollins »

Steve Le maitre wrote: Wed Feb 09 2022 21:08 -
BillCollins wrote: Wed Feb 09 2022 20:55 -
:idea: It’s a good job Freddie Mercury never collect reels, he’d of had thousands :eek: …… :laughs:
:eek:
:lol: :lol:
Marcraft are for queers.
keeponchucking
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by keeponchucking »

Great find that Bill. I have used one of the 463 sized before when trolling in Holland, you are right in saying it's a lump. Made my hands look tiny.
Marvin Farrell
Steve Le maitre
Barbel
Barbel

keeponchucking wrote: Thu Feb 10 2022 14:04 -
Great find that Bill. I have used one of the 463 sized before when trolling in Holland, you are right in saying it's a lump. Made my hands look tiny.
I can palm a 7000 so the bigger the better :narfuk:
BillCollins
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by BillCollins »

Steve Le maitre wrote: Thu Feb 10 2022 18:49 -
keeponchucking wrote: Thu Feb 10 2022 14:04 -
I can palm a 7000 so the bigger the better :narfuk:
Much the same as that Steve... the 463 is big for a low profile, but I would'nt have any problem using it. My thumb is as wide as the spool of the 364, any smaller and the reel would be of no use to me.
Marcraft are for queers.
BillCollins
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by BillCollins »

Very nice Bill !
Left hand 463's in stock now Steve, if you're interested...
Marcraft are for queers.
Steve Le maitre
Barbel
Barbel

BillCollins wrote: Mon Feb 21 2022 02:08 -
Very nice Bill !
Just had one come today from the Musky Shop Bill. The reel foot is about 6mm longer that any other reel I own and as all my rods have cut down screw winches it just doesn’t fit. I’m going to have to cut back on the hook buying this year because it seems I need a new rod.
BillCollins
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by BillCollins »

Steve Le maitre wrote: Mon Feb 21 2022 22:16 -
BillCollins wrote: Mon Feb 21 2022 02:08 -
Very nice Bill !
Just had one come today from the Musky Shop Bill. The reel foot is about 6mm longer that any other reel I own and as all my rods have cut down screw winches it just doesn’t fit. I’m going to have to cut back on the hook buying this year because it seems I need a new rod.
There's always room for a new rod, Steve :thumbs:
Marcraft are for queers.
Fordey
Perch
Perch

Post by Fordey »

BillCollins wrote: Tue Feb 08 2022 12:52 -
Having decided to add yet another Komodo 364 to my collection (coz I need it, like... :roll: ), the next problem was locating any as they're thin on the ground at the moment. Anyway, this shop seemed to have them in stock and at a good price, so I gave them a try. Ordered on the 3rd and it arrived here in Ireland with DHL this morning, not bad going. €199 and free delivery, I think I'll be buying from them again.. :thumbs:
Thanks for nothing Bill, I now have reel envy. Now, where's that credit card :grin:
You didn't come here to talk to me about button mushrooms or birds
BillCollins
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by BillCollins »

Fordey wrote: Tue Feb 22 2022 15:21 -
BillCollins wrote: Tue Feb 08 2022 12:52 -
Thanks for nothing Bill, I now have reel envy. Now, where's that credit card :grin:
Just spreading the love, Ian. Anyway, bank cards should be kept active, it's good for their health :thumbs:
Marcraft are for queers.