Reuben Heaton

barnsy
Roach
Roach

Reuben Heaton

Post by barnsy »

Bought some digital scales and somehow they got a chunk smashed off them in the pocket of my rucksack, gutted!
They still worked, but I assumed waterproofing etc would be compromised.
Clearly the damage was nobodies fault but my own, but I hadn't been overly rough with them, and felt there might have been a bit of an issue with the materials or something, as I'd not had them very long.
I explained this to RH via email.
Far from palming me off and saying "well clearly you've broke your scales mate, unlucky" as some companies might, they were very understanding and helpful.
They sent me a prepaid return label to send in the scales, to see if it was fixable.
Within a couple of days of posting, I received an email saying that unfortunately they couldn't fix the item, and so were dispatching a replacement FOC.
That arrived within another two days.
Less than a week from making contact I was back up and running, with a replacement that is now in it's 9th year and still going strong.

In a world where so many companies will gladly take your money and laugh at you if you have a problem, this was a real breath of fresh air and actually restored a bit of faith in humanity.
Next time I buy scales RH will be my first consideration.