Pike and Predator Books for Sale

Rules of the forum and announcements from the Bailiffs
Antione
Roach
Roach

Pike and Predator Books for Sale

Post by Antione »

Just a quick couple of questions, please:
First - I have a number of Pike/Perch Carp fishing books for sale, having had a review of my fishing library over the course of the last few days, but am I right in saying I am not permitted to utilise the For Sale forum board until such time as I have made 50 posts? I currently have only 10! Just wanted to check first rather than face public humiliation!

Second, In helping me assess the the likely sale prices for my books, can I use the Forum to do this or again do I need to accumulate 50 posts beforehand
Cheers Tony
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Re: Pike and Predator Books for Sale

Post by Dave Horton »

Antione wrote: Fri Apr 03 2020 22:12 -
Just a quick couple of questions, please:
First - I have a number of Pike/Perch Carp fishing books for sale, having had a review of my fishing library over the course of the last few days, but am I right in saying I am not permitted to utilise the For Sale forum board until such time as I have made 50 posts? I currently have only 10! Just wanted to check first rather than face public humiliation!

Second, In helping me assess the the likely sale prices for my books, can I use the Forum to do this or again do I need to accumulate 50 posts beforehand
Cheers Tony
Hi mate.

I thought it was 10 posts before you could sell? I see though that despite NOT posting much you've been a member since 2019?

(Perhaps in these unusual circumstances it might be relaxed anyways face)
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Prices
Do always assume those online are accurate, its not unknown for sellers/dealers help each other.

List your books and ask, or offer for sale for £ you think is acceptable to both parties.
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Antione
Roach
Roach

Post by Antione »

Hi Dave,
Thanks very much for responding.
I had a look at the posting etiquette before submitting my query as I was keen not to break any forum rules. The rules were written in 2011, presumably at about the time the forum was set up and it clearly states that I should have 50 posts before posting anything on the for sale section. Seemed a bit harsh to me, as all other forum privileges clearly kick in after making ten posts' as you suggest.

Yes, tis true I have been a forum member since 2019 but have only just begun to make a few posts recently. Reason for that is I wanted to get a bit of a 'feel' of the forum, particularly with regards to pred fishing from boats in the lead up to my retirement from work at the back end of last year. I am certainly liking what I am seeing so far- it seems a friendly and welcoming forum in lots of respects but there are clearly some topics that are more controversial than others - I think I may stay away from those topics until such time as feel I have found my feet on the forum!
Tony
Will Smith
James Holgate Award Winner 2023
James Holgate Award Winner 2023

Post by Will Smith »

Tony, you will do 50 post in no time, just make a few comments on other posts, you will soon notch them up, they don't all have to be you starting the thread.

Will.
Antione
Roach
Roach

Post by Antione »

Thanks Will!
Antione
Roach
Roach

Post by Antione »

Thanks Mike, once I have reached the necessary number of posts I will follow your sensible advice. Will post a list of books on the Forum first' without going on Fleabay, with suggested prices and see what folks think.