shimano aero specimen mono 15lbs

Mark_Houghton
Barbel
Barbel

shimano aero specimen mono 15lbs

Post by Mark_Houghton »

Just bought a spool of this and it`s absolute garbage. Knot strength is around 8lbs with all varieties of knots, even with the line doubled, and the diameter is well below the stated 0.34mm (had my doubts about the strength when i saw how thin it was). Avoid this crap and don`t risk leaving hooks in fish :evil:
norwich lad
Chub
Chub

Re: shimano aero specimen mono 15lbs

Post by norwich lad »

i had the same thing with shimano technium a few years ago mark, returned it and stuck with big game or these days daiwa sensor mono. the hyper sensor has been ok too.
Lee Davison,Period Furniture Restoration,Carpentry.in Norfolk.

What You Caught mate, Nothing,Won't fish Here Again!
Mark_Houghton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark_Houghton »

norwich lad wrote: Fri Mar 13 2020 12:13 -
i had the same thing with shimano technium a few years ago mark, returned it and stuck with big game or these days daiwa sensor mono. the hyper sensor has been ok too.
Cheers Lee. I posted on FB about this too and it seems quite a few people had similar issues. Very few who commented had used it without issue.
BillCollins
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by BillCollins »

Any Shimano mono that I ever tried turned out to be utter w**k. Daiwa Tournament ST is my general allrounder. Well behaved, great knot strength, very reliable.
Marcraft are for queers.
Mark_Houghton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark_Houghton »

BillCollins wrote: Mon Mar 22 2021 13:40 -
Any Shimano mono that I ever tried turned out to be utter w**k. Daiwa Tournament ST is my general allrounder. Well behaved, great knot strength, very reliable.
Not tried the ST Bill, next time i need to respool i might get hold of some :thumbs:
BillCollins
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by BillCollins »

Mark_Houghton wrote: Mon Mar 22 2021 13:47 -
BillCollins wrote: Mon Mar 22 2021 13:40 -
Not tried the ST Bill, next time i need to respool i might get hold of some :thumbs:
It does everything right Mark, no downsides. Tough, good diameter to bs ratio and more civilized on the reel than sensor. Good value too on bulk spools, I keep a few strengths.
Marcraft are for queers.