EVRI (Hermes) parcels

RayB
Perch
Perch

EVRI (Hermes) parcels

Post by RayB »

A heads up about these t***s....
Do not use them, I paid extra for them to collect a parcel from me and they have not collected it but the thing that pisses me off the most is trying to get through to them, its basicly impossible unless you are happy paying £6 p/m. Utter cowboys and rip off merchants beware lads...
The reason I wanted a collection they have closed my local post office and its a F@@king long walk to what is now the nearest one !!!
:w****r: :w****r:
Ray Brown.
You got to do what you want to do when you want to do it..
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Re: EVRI (Hermes) parcels

Post by davelumb »

Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

Try https://uk.interparcel.com/ for a choice of services and prices.
RayB
Perch
Perch

Post by RayB »

davelumb wrote: Tue Jul 05 2022 08:26 -

You live and learn, I`ll check them out thanks Dave.
This parcel is for a forum member so I will get this off today then look for an alternative then try and get a refund from paypal but on a recent past performance from paypal I will not hold my breath...
Ray Brown.
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Post by Steve Dennington »

I honestly can't fault them locally. Deliveries are consistently on time and not delivered next door (as happens frequently with others) and when I'm sending parcels, the local garage (< 5mins walk) is the drop-off/pick-up point.
OLDESOX
Barbel
Barbel

Post by OLDESOX »

strange i have had deliveries from stockist and to date cannot fault them.
retired so time to smell the roses.
Mike F
Chub
Chub

Post by Mike F »

charleston16 wrote: Tue Jul 05 2022 08:14 -
Do not use them, I paid extra for them to collect a parcel from me and they have not collected it but the thing that pisses me off the most is trying to get through to them, its basicly impossible unless you are happy paying £6 p/m. Utter cowboys and rip off merchants beware lads...
The reason I wanted a collection they have closed my local post office and its a F@@king long walk to what is now the nearest one !!!
Totally agree, load of s***e.
Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room.
RayB
Perch
Perch

Post by RayB »

Well I was determined not to loose the £6.25 that Hermes or Evri (what ever there name is) had out of me so I got in touch with Paypal and told them what had happened.

They were on it straight away, they said they would take on the £6.25 and because I had been with them for 20yrs they would give me a £20 voucher to spend at my leasure, cant be fairer than that, I put the phone down a happy man.

Now I know what some people will be thinking, "you spent most of the morning on the phone just to get back £6.25 ?
Yes I did and I would do it for £3, its the principle...
Ray Brown.
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

charleston16 wrote: Tue Jul 05 2022 19:11 -
Well I was determined not to loose the £6.25 that Hermes or Evri (what ever there name is) had out of me so I got in touch with Paypal and told them what had happened.

They were on it straight away, they said they would take on the £6.25 and because I had been with them for 20yrs they would give me a £20 voucher to spend at my leasure, cant be fairer than that, I put the phone down a happy man.

Now I know what some people will be thinking, "you spent most of the morning on the phone just to get back £6.25 ?
Yes I did and I would do it for £3, its the principle...
:thumbs:
pikin
Perch
Perch

Post by pikin »

Mike F wrote: Tue Jul 05 2022 13:55 -
charleston16 wrote: Tue Jul 05 2022 08:14 -
Totally agree, load of s***e.
Utter sh1te, never delivered a few things to me resulting in battles with paypal etc.
Paul Ikin
fenland piker
Roach
Roach

Post by fenland piker »

Had a brand new Okuma Citrix on order from America recently. Showed as being delivered despite not seeing anyone all day even though I work from home and had been in. Checked the Hermes website and they had decided to leave it on the floor in front of my house without trying the doorbell (tracked and signed for delivery???).
Obviously someone saw the expensive looking parcel and picked it up as no sign of it where they left it. Still waiting for an "update" from Hermes several days later but thankfully covered by Ebay global shipping and received a refund within 24 hours of contacting them.
DaveGreenwood
Zander
Zander

Post by DaveGreenwood »

Our local Hermes driver is great no problem receiving but I wouldn’t send anything using them they employ thieves.
OLDESOX
Barbel
Barbel

Post by OLDESOX »

they arnt the only ones guys amazon, left with owner?? lobbed through a open window!!!
RayB
Perch
Perch

Post by RayB »

I've had a couple amazon parcels nicked from the door step, got a refund on one.
The second one i was told it was delivered but never saw it at all.
This leaving them in a safe place or door step was put into play because of covid but it really should stop now.
I've been told that courier vans are being followed and stuff is being nicked, how true it is I don't know but it wouldn't surprise me ...
Ray Brown.
Mark Phillips
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark Phillips »

As with all couriers, it's completely hit and miss. Evri I have used many times for Amazon returns or sending larger items and the service has been easy and faultless. I'm sure they feck up deliveries all the time, but I've had zero issues with them. Royal Mail are good too. The only one I'd call out is Tuffnells. The Green Devils! I've worked with them on a professional level and would often do unannounced spot checks at their depots - my God, that's all I can say...

As to issues with door step deliveries - all solved in an instant with a camera. I installed one a while ago - activated using motion senor, images are super clear. Couple of recent ones... I had a school kid steal my contact lenses - showed image to local school, urchin identified, lenses returned by red faced parents. God knows what he was going to do with them! Second time, 'handed to resident' the tracking said. I had video of the Amazon guy walking off with the parcel! I got a refund and I hope the thieving cnut was sacked, item was a high end dashcam. I also use the intercom on the camera to tell them where to leave parcels when I'm out (using my iPhone and an App) and it's also handy when they knock on your door and expect you to be opening it within 10 seconds. Really annoyed me when I'd be in a Teams meeting and excuse myself with a BRB to answer the door, then find they've driven off. All solved now.
Piking Plonker
wilkie
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by wilkie »

Our normal Evri lady is great and will always stop for a chat, unfortunately she's been away for a few days and whoever stood in for her has messed everything up and there's parcels every where, mine have gone back to the depot twice now.
colinb
Barbel
Barbel

Post by colinb »

davelumb wrote: Tue Jul 05 2022 08:26 -

Well I can't fault them I have send probably 50+ parcels over the last 2-3 months and everyone delivered on time!!

Now Royal Mail lost the only 1 I sent via them and no compensation.
colinb
Barbel
Barbel

Post by colinb »

charleston16 wrote: Thu Jul 07 2022 08:55 -
I've had a couple amazon parcels nicked from the door step, got a refund on one.
The second one i was told it was delivered but never saw it at all.
This leaving them in a safe place or door step was put into play because of covid but it really should stop now.
I've been told that courier vans are being followed and stuff is being nicked, how true it is I don't know but it wouldn't surprise me ...
I witnessed something similar at the local PO. Postie put a load of parcels in the van, came back for a second lot and first lot had been nicked.
RayB
Perch
Perch

Post by RayB »

The fens never used to be like that when I lived up there 😂😂
Ray Brown.
OLDESOX
Barbel
Barbel

Post by OLDESOX »

well amazon delivered to the resident[a ruddy shop drop off] as agreed with the sender, never arrived!!! thinks if drop at the doorstep after they closed? its the local driver he used to dump at or through my letter box without ringing the door bell its smarter than the courier :yours:
Snapper
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by Snapper »

Changed their name to Evri disassociate themselves with the bad publicity they had under the name of Hermes. If I know in advance that a supplier uses them I do not buy from that company such is my bad experiences of them. Since when is a safe place on a doorstep in London in a busy thoroughfare ?