Savage Gear Line Through Roach

r0bert
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Savage Gear Line Through Roach

Post by r0bert »

Picked up one of the medium sized line through roach last month and decided to give it a throw yesterday.
Nice action and a great idea I have to say except...
First pike caught on it , a lively 5 pounder. The lure went up the trace as is designed to do, I thought to myself perfect - lure wont get mauled.
When I unhooked the pike and tried to get the lure back down the trace it had jammed on the trace.
Had to slice open the lure to investigate as it wasn't for moving. The trace wire had cut through the plastic pipe/tube in the head and would not slide back into the pipe.
Have had to cut off the ring and pull through with pliers, feed back through the pipe which is now knackered so it will no doubt do the same thing next time a lively fish shakes a few times.
Seems to me Savage Gear should have put a more robust pipe/tube inside which was up to the job for a few pence more?
For the money they should be a bit more robust in that area of the lure as fish will sometime shake violently so the lure is going to fly up and down the trace!
Rob
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Re: Savage Gear Line Through Roach

Post by Steve Dennington »

r0bert wrote: Mon May 08 2017 22:36 -
For the money they should be a bit more robust in that area of the lure as fish will sometime shake violently so the lure is going to fly up and down the trace!
Rob
I re-rig my line-thru lures with the crimp just in front of the nose. The concept of the lure sliding up the leader to protect it is fine, but I just find it a pain if you're switching lures. You either have to retie with the line thru leader or have two leaders, neither of which is ideal.
kristian
Chub
Chub

Post by kristian »

Picked up one of the medium sized line through roach last month and decided to give it a throw yesterday.
Nice action and a great idea I have to say except...
First pike caught on it , a lively 5 pounder. The lure went up the trace as is designed to do, I thought to myself perfect - lure wont get mauled.
When I unhooked the pike and tried to get the lure back down the trace it had jammed on the trace.
Had to slice open the lure to investigate as it wasn't for moving. The trace wire had cut through the plastic pipe/tube in the head and would not slide back into the pipe.
Have had to cut off the ring and pull through with pliers, feed back through the pipe which is now knackered so it will no doubt do the same thing next time a lively fish shakes a few times.
Seems to me Savage Gear should have put a more robust pipe/tube inside which was up to the job for a few pence more?
Rob
Get it posted on their facebook page.
I had an incident with one of their lures and posted it up yesterday. The more of this type of problem that's reported the more likely they'll be to change something.
r0bert
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by r0bert »

Will do, like all big companies they will pay you lip service but do bugger all about it.
Cheers
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

Steve Dennington wrote: Tue May 09 2017 10:53 -
Rob
I re-rig my line-thru lures with the crimp just in front of the nose. The concept of the lure sliding up the leader to protect it is fine, but I just find it a pain if you're switching lures. You either have to retie with the line thru leader or have two leaders, neither of which is ideal.
Could tie a clip to mainline for attaching traces. Thats what i do when deadbaiting.