MY HERMES POSTAL COMPANY

David.F.Scobie
Perch
Perch

MY HERMES POSTAL COMPANY

Post by David.F.Scobie »

I order a lot of gear online for various reasons from it being hard to source the items in NI locally or its sometimes cheaper to get the item from postal companies. In the last 8 months I have had 4 issues with the company My Hermes the first was a large order of dynamite baits cooked particle baits from matchman supplies for the match fishing I do during the summer I arrived home to find 4 parcels soaked and hemp everywhere according to a elderly neighbour my parcels were thrown at the front door from the pavement outside my house and the driver didn't even bother to open the gate to walk in simply lobbing the parcels. I sent photos to Tim at Matchman Supplies and he immediately offered a refund or a replacement order cracking customer services as always.

The others were smaller items both eBay orders one for some leads & Owner hooks the other some Nash luggage both of these were delivered and signed for I had emails from the company telling me I’d signed for these items which was strange because on both occasions I was at work, I send a text message to my woman who was in the house on both occasions to be told no one’s came near the house and nothings arrived. This confused me so I emailed the company to be told both times they would need to investigate this matter. Now because the items were shown up as signed for one of the Ebay sellers the Nash Luggage order said as far as they were concerned the order was completed basically bugger off so I then had to open a eBay dispute who then advised me to open a PayPal dispute it took a month of emails and back and forth eventually PayPal refunded me for the cost of the items so I wasn’t out of pocket, the other eBay seller apologised and said we have had complaint after complaint about my hermes and re sent the items without argument. I am not going to name and shame the awkward eBayer as there's no point the fella was just doing what he thought best and eventually I was refunded and picked up the Nash magnetic bivvy hooks and the couple of small bits and tobacco pouches off another seller.

The final issue was today some of you might remember me asking about the anchor feet for a Fox Ranger MKII pod well I found some of what I was looking for a ordered a set of them from England Angling the shop reports the item left their end on Tuesday 26/9/17 in the morning, being told they should be with me by the end of the week happy with this it came to the end of the week still no package so I fire off a quick email to England Angling they respond with apologies and tracking numbers my heart sinks as I read the dreaded words my hermes. I went onto their live chat function on their site and the lady I was speaking to seemed polite but useless and has advised me to go back to England Angling for a refund. England Angling have responded 5 mins after emailing them apologising and saying they will get onto this immediately so I am more than happy with them as a company they seem to have excellent customer service going off their actions at this point.

Long story short folks I’d swerve my hermes as a company they are a nightmare.
Through adversity to the stars

YouTube Channel:-
https://www.youtube.com/c/DavidScobie

David Scobie Angling Adventures:-https://www.facebook.com/DFSAngling/
Cyprio
Chub
Chub

Re: MY HERMES POSTAL COMPANY

Post by Cyprio »

I've not had any issues with My Hermes, but do with Parcel Force...like you I cringe when I know a parcel is coming from them.
I think it's down to the delivery driver that causes the problem.. Our Hermes drivers are a nice old couple and have been delivering to our area for a long time and they are always helpful.. Our Parcel Force driver changed recently and the service has improved..100% I even asked him to let me know
When's his on holiday so I don't place orders :grin:
We have cctv covering the gate and the drive so footage is available when the lies start coming..

Andy
Andy Carpenter
Steve Burke
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Steve Burke »

We've also had problems with My Hermes and Yodel, partly because we live in the sticks.

We now check which courier companies use. If it's one of these two we tell them to cancel the order. Some then offer to use someone else, those that don't lose a customer.

It's the best way to get companies to use a courier with a better service rather than the cheapest price. EBayers are especially bad here as they think price is everything.

Talking of eBayers why do so few offer 1st class post as an option? Most offer only 2nd class and lose our business.
David.F.Scobie
Perch
Perch

Post by David.F.Scobie »

The fella on eBay that was a bit difficult wasn’t a shop he was getting rid of all his gear this was stuff he bought but never used so I am not upset with him making the refund process difficult. If I was in the same situation as him my natural suspiciousness would have me asking is this fella pulling a fast one so I can understand his position.

What does extract the urine is some delivery driver bold as brass throwing parcels across a yard at a door smashing them up or signing my name then losing the parcel it was a job to get copies of the signature from My Hermes on both occasions it was a line through the electronic signature pad and my name printed in that really really irritated me it made me look like a lair going to eBay sellers and give them the old my things never got here.

Today was just the final straw moving forward I will be asking companies I deal with who they use as a postal company I don’t mind 2nd class royal mail as my local postie is a cracking lad I played rugby with his father back in the day so if I'm not in the house he goes round to my shed and puts the stuff in there then sends me a text message saying “bag in shed” he's a regular to my house so much so that the dog sees him and recognises him as a human who will throw her toy to play fetch or possibly give her food not many people go into the yard when the Doberman is out.

No one likes to get shoddy service it seems my hermes is experts in this.
Through adversity to the stars

YouTube Channel:-
https://www.youtube.com/c/DavidScobie

David Scobie Angling Adventures:-https://www.facebook.com/DFSAngling/
jonsykes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by jonsykes »

My Hermes chap is spot-on, as is my postie. The trouble with Royal Mail is the thieves within the system. I'm surprised there hasn't been an undercover sting featured on TV with how often it happens. Funny how parcels that are 'signed for' don't go missing at anywhere near the same rate.
Malc Green
Chub
Chub

Post by Malc Green »

jonsykes wrote: Wed Oct 04 2017 15:48 -
My Hermes chap is spot-on, as is my postie. The trouble with Royal Mail is the thieves within the system. I'm surprised there hasn't been an undercover sting featured on TV with how often it happens. Funny how parcels that are 'signed for' don't go missing at anywhere near the same rate.
My hermes regular knows where to leave my parcel and always leaves a note not had a problem so far :thumbs:
Support the PAC.
Tidal River Piker
Covid Loves a Crowd.
RAB-HENDO
Zander
Zander

Post by RAB-HENDO »

Bunch of chancers. Orders a tripod off eBay from down south. Made its way too Airdrie depot then went missing. STOLEN!!! Got a refund but wanted the tripod because it was £40 cheaper than rrp. c**t list
DANCES WAE PIKE
John Milford
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by John Milford »

'Sticky fingers' in any delivery company's system is a worry these days, but not delivering packages with care, on the final leg, is down to the local delivery driver.

Luckily the local Hermes guy for my area is a good bloke.
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "
alan behenna
Barbel
Barbel

Post by alan behenna »

They used to be "Crap" in my own area, I got lucky on two occasions when at least the ferker' left it in the same street! It's embarrassing when although you have been "in" All Day and see the van turning in...........that you later get an apparent neighbor from further up knocking on your door with an item clearly addressed for you!

Fortunately it seems to have got a lot better of late, but I notice that same van no longer delivers.

:grin:
Fish on....
Perch
Perch

Post by Fish on.... »

I had a delivery driver call me last week to ask exactly where my house was, but told him I was fishing and he brought my delivery down to the lake to me! That’s service. Wasn’t MyHermes though
Actually know as Danny..
Slug
Chub
Chub

Post by Slug »

The amazon guy that delivers in my area will leave the parcel anywhere last week he left a £60 parcel by front door in full view. Amazed it wasn’t stolen I should of said I hadn’t received it.
DaveGreenwood
Zander
Zander

Post by DaveGreenwood »

Very much depends who the Hermes driver is for your area, our last one was good and the latest one is too.