Fishing Republic

Admau1
Chub
Chub

Fishing Republic

Post by Admau1 »

This company is to be avoided !!😡 Very, very poor service ! Ordered a pod 2weeks ago,says dispatch will be 1-3 days , didn't happen, can't get through on phone and emails are answered but keep making excuses re stock !! I am now seeking refund via bank .AVOID AT ALL COSTS 😤👎
DavyMc
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Fishing Republic

Post by DavyMc »

Totally agree they're :w****r: s

I ordered some cheap spinnerbaits off them that never came, made contact and was told I wasn't home when the delivery came :laughs: and package was back at the shop? They would send them again but weren't happy with the double postage, next thing a credit onto my paypal for the price of one, a week later credit for two more and few days after the remaining lures came when no one was home ffs! I could have bought them locally for the same cost and not had to listen to a pack of lies, few of the bigger shops are at this nonsense now selling stock they don't have.
"Rise, like lions after slumber: In unvanquishable number! Shake your chains to earth like dew: Which in sleep had fallen on you: Ye are many—they are few!"
Duncan Holmes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Duncan Holmes »

"The opinions expressed in any of my posts are my own and do not reflect the view of the any organisation that I may be associated with."
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Rumours on the trade reps grapevine are that FR are in a bad shape
Goooey
Roach
Roach

Post by Goooey »

Overselling to boost share prices apparently. Naughty.
Esoxuk
Perch
Perch

Post by Esoxuk »

I'm not surprised, poor quality tat in my local store and the worst frozen deads for miles. Most packs are full of ice crystals and the contents are all shapes due to thawing out and being re-frozen in a pile.
R.O. Rotherham & Sheffield PAC (RA99)
PAC Products Manager
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Goooey wrote: Thu Dec 14 2017 17:07 -
Overselling to boost share prices apparently. Naughty.
Had another Rep in this morning, says they on the ropes and shares are falling. Apparently their (failed) bid to buy Erics Angling, due to lack of funds, has hit the shares hard.
Goooey
Roach
Roach

Post by Goooey »

Good, f**k em. Long live the independents.
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

I always ask my local if they can get what I want, even if it's a couple of quid more. He can usually price match. Easier returns in case of faults, bit of banter, cuppa. Use it or lose it, as they say!
Duncan Holmes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Duncan Holmes »

Bob Watson wrote: Mon Dec 18 2017 11:39 -
I always ask my local if they can get what I want, even if it's a couple of quid more. He can usually price match. Easier returns in case of faults, bit of banter, cuppa. Use it or lose it, as they say!
Agreed, even though my local shop is an Angling Direct (wroxham). Phil Grey has turned the shop around, always happy to have a chat and even the odd cuppa. Far better shop than it used to be. :thumbs:
"The opinions expressed in any of my posts are my own and do not reflect the view of the any organisation that I may be associated with."
jonsykes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by jonsykes »

Is it owned by “Roy”?
cooky
Roach
Roach

Post by cooky »

if ever i need anything i always ask the lad i know who is a manager in the sunderland one and he keeps me it ordered a penn fathom 15 off their websire as it was cheap to be given a refund days later wasnt happy
Mercman
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mercman »

Ordered 6 sea floats after a recommendation on here. Decided to order some bait flags and trace sheafs just to get the free postage over £15.
Never got the floats ffs ended up with the other s**t and a refund for the floats, no communication either. Wouldn't use them again.
Ray Waker
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

Mercman wrote: Mon Dec 18 2017 21:05 -
Ordered 6 sea floats after a recommendation on here. Decided to order some bait flags and trace sheafs just to get the free postage over £15.
Never got the floats ffs ended up with the other s**t and a refund for the floats, no communication either. Wouldn't use them again.

OH s**t, sorry mate, I wasn't actually recommending fishing repuclic, it was the first link I came to with a pic of the floats, it was just an example.

:red:
Mercman
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mercman »

Bob Watson wrote: Tue Dec 19 2017 16:04 -
Mercman wrote: Mon Dec 18 2017 21:05 -

OH s**t, sorry mate, I wasn't actually recommending fishing repuclic, it was the first link I came to with a pic of the floats, it was just an example.

:red:
Thanks Bob no worries, I found some exactly the same on eBay they look perfect! :thumbs:
Ray Waker
MalEarl
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by MalEarl »

Ordered a pair of Daiwa thermal joggers from FR on line as no one else either had them or listed them, waited 2 weeks then tried to contact them several times, their phones goes straight to answer phone with a message saying there is no one available to take your call so phoned one of their shops and the guy tells me they have just had a change of senior management and due to poor stock control are selling stuff online they hav'nt got! he advised me me as I'd paid with paypal to try for a full refund! Paypal opened a refund case for me and funnily enough a pair of Daiwa thermal joggers turned up 3 days later!