Angling Direct. Bad service.

Ziggy
Stickleback
Stickleback

Angling Direct. Bad service.

Post by Ziggy »

After many years of being a customer of this company I experienced what can to me be only arrogant rude service from them I had purchased a new? chair which once examined was clearly not suitable. So informed customer service to return enquired if I could return to nearest shop and was affirmed I could. That was when I met with the worst service I have ever encountered by whom I believe is the manager it was examined immediately and I was informed it was not saleable as new, apparently the bottoms of the front? feet felt rough!!!. My reaction was one of surprise as I HAD NOT USED IT , it had been removed from the box in my lounge and then replaced.
It had been collected from their Norwich branch boxed but it was sellotaped taped up not stapled and when opened at home the plastic bag it was in was found to be open, the manager almost accused me of lying about its condition in a busy shop, the label was still attached! .
I repeated the explanation as to where it was examined by me at home etc keeping my temper his remark was "that's odd"!! also said "our lounge carpet must be very rough"!!. I requested a change of order the item to be collected from their branch. When I go to collect it I will make sure this new item will be examined by me in public in the shop before I leave. I do not like to made out to be a liar!!.

As you can guess sadly I will not be not be using that company again.......................
OLDESOX
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Angling Direct. Bad service.

Post by OLDESOX »

why not return it to the norwich shop? and veiw it in the shop? seems like a returned item before.
do they care as they are all franchised shops anyway.
retired so time to smell the roses.
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Sorry to learn of your bad experience.

Can I suggest you write of your expeience to; Andy Torrance, CEO Chief Executive Officer, 2D Wendover Road, Rackheath Industrial Estate, Norwich, NR13 6LH or email at anglingdirect.co.uk
Include as much information as possible including time and date of your visit to the shop.

I purchased a chair from AD and it was delivered within 24hrs and can confirm the box was very well sealed.
Your experience makes me wonder if the delivery driver had opened it, Ive recently had to return six (6) expensive items because they had been 'misshandled' (damaged) by the delivery company.

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Andytheammer
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Andytheammer »

OLDESOX wrote: Thu Aug 12 2021 09:56 -
why not return it to the norwich shop? and veiw it in the shop? seems like a returned item before.
do they care as they are all franchised shops anyway.
My thoughts exactly!
Andy Sewell