Korum Transition fold a sack

RayB
Perch
Perch

Korum Transition fold a sack

Post by RayB »

The Korum Transition fold a sack, bought 2 years ago as a general fishing rucksack (not piking )
It opens up by undoing 2 zips (one each side) and lays out flat, you then access the 2 main compartments each with there own zips.
I thought at the time a great design and you can fish out of the rucksack, the shoulder straps got a bit damp if the bank was wet but I could put up with that.
After 2 years the 2 zips you undo to access the 2 main compartments have decided to jam up which makes the bag useless.

Copare this to the basic ESP rucksack that was bought for piking when ESP first introduced it (must be close to 10yrs ago) the top zip packed in just after christmas this tear, Ok you cant get an olive green one anymore, they only do a camo one (not the end of the world)

Guess what I will be replacing the Korum bag with ?
Ray Brown.
You got to do what you want to do when you want to do it..
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Re: Korum Transition fold a sack

Post by Bob Watson »

Quick tip re: zips.

When you first buy any item with zips, rub them with a candle and repeat on a regular basis to keep them moving freely.
RayB
Perch
Perch

Post by RayB »

Bob Watson wrote: Sat Apr 30 2022 11:07 -

When you first buy any item with zips, rub them with a candle and repeat on a regular basis to keep them moving freely.
Good tip Bob but I just seem to be very unlucky with Korum luggage :shrug: I have had an old NGT 2 rod holdall for 5 yrs or more which gets a lot of use and it hasn`t missed a beat, also got a 15yr old small ESP cool bag that I use as a brew bag, still going strong..Just seems to be Korum.
Ray Brown.
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

I've had a Korum Ruckbag since they first came out over ten years ago and it's still going strong. Touch wood!

But standards can slip.
RayB
Perch
Perch

Post by RayB »

It must be me Dave, I reckon they line me up with the friday one ...
Ray Brown.
MarkBerrisford
Chub
Chub

Post by MarkBerrisford »

Can you not put some wd40 on the zips to loosen them up?
Search MB Custom Lures on Facebook
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

silicon spray is the best on zips ...keeps them super smooth all year long
they normally seize up when not in use ,stored away for months in a shed or garage
RayB
Perch
Perch

Post by RayB »

I sprayed wd40 on them when I first got it and regularly after that but the zips have completely failed, one side first then a couple of weeks later the other side.
The zips were opening instead of closing and then one side got longer than the other and then just jammed up !!!
Its in the pile to go to the tip, cant be doing with it..
Ray Brown.
muncherpike
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by muncherpike »

Anything that uses a zip as the main/only source of securing is a poor design in my eyes, look at these light weight waterproof jackets that only have a zip closer, that fails and the jacket is useless!!!!!
d roberts
Perch
Perch

Post by d roberts »

Newer Korum luggage isn’t comparable to the older gear. Unless the quality improves I won’t be buying any of the newer stuff.
Ratty46
Chub
Chub

Post by Ratty46 »

i have a 40ltr ESP rucksack for dead baiting sessions, very basic and does the job.
i think it was Mark Phillips that first mentioned them on here, but MOLLE style military rucksacks cannot be beaten, for lure fishing or for bait fishing.
i have sold most of my purpose designed fishing bags, all my savage ones, all my fox rage ones, all gone all replaced with MOLLE style rucksacks.
Miltary1st for is where i get mine.

for sticky zips, run a candle up and down the zip teeth, works a treat.
Ratty46
Chub
Chub

Post by Ratty46 »

Bob Watson wrote: Sat Apr 30 2022 11:07 -

ah i just mentioned it myself!

i do it a lot with Motorcycle clothing ( i sell it for a living)
Mark_Houghton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark_Houghton »

Ratty46 wrote: Fri Oct 14 2022 17:20 -
i have a 40ltr ESP rucksack for dead baiting sessions, very basic and does the job.
i think it was Mark Phillips that first mentioned them on here, but MOLLE style military rucksacks cannot be beaten, for lure fishing or for bait fishing.
i have sold most of my purpose designed fishing bags, all my savage ones, all my fox rage ones, all gone all replaced with MOLLE style rucksacks.

Probably nearing 15yrs old now and still going strong.... :thumbs:
IMG_20210924_101724.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ratty46
Chub
Chub

Post by Ratty46 »

Mark_Houghton wrote: Sat Oct 15 2022 13:06 -

IMG_20210924_101724.jpg
thats the one mate!

i have slightly smaller one, and a waist style one for light lures, i need a bigger one for bait fishing
Mark_Houghton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark_Houghton »

Ratty46 wrote: Sat Oct 15 2022 15:35 -

IMG_20210924_101724.jpg
thats the one mate!

i have slightly smaller one, and a waist style one for light lures, i need a bigger one for bait fishing
Just get some Molle pouches for the small rucksack to increase it`s capacity? I have a larger one, that came with a detachable waist pack, and two side pouches, but use the smaller one the most.
Ratty46
Chub
Chub

Post by Ratty46 »

Mark_Houghton wrote: Sat Oct 15 2022 15:58 -
Ratty46 wrote: Sat Oct 15 2022 15:35 -

IMG_20210924_101724.jpg
thats the one mate!

Just get some Molle pouches for the small rucksack to increase it`s capacity? I have a larger one, that came with a detachable waist pack, and two side pouches, but use the smaller one the most.
could do but i like two separate bags, save emptying them every time, just pick up and go!
Ratty46
Chub
Chub

Post by Ratty46 »

DSC_2473.JPG

IMG_20210924_101724.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark_Houghton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark_Houghton »

Ratty46 wrote: Sun Oct 16 2022 13:27 -
DSC_2473.JPG

IMG_20210924_101724.jpg
:thumbs: :thumbs: