Mega Pike by Eddie Turner

Muskie
Roach
Roach

Mega Pike by Eddie Turner

Post by Muskie » Sat Nov 21 2020 22:06

This is my favourite pike book and I think it is a good read and i like to re-visit it from time to time.

Well written and humorous in places and obviously some big pike exploits on Tescos and other waters including Langdefed (however it is spelt) which i really enjoyed.

Interesting historically to read of fishing some 30 years back and how things have changed or not as the case maybe.

Incidentally, I much preferred this book as to its successor Meg Pike The Return which although good in its own way and containing captures of some monstrous pike bigger pike did not have the easy reading style and flow of the original in my opinion.

Recommended.

bencarvosso
Chub
Chub

Re: Mega Pike by Eddie Turner

Post by bencarvosso » Sat Nov 21 2020 22:57

What ever happened to tescos lake.
Remember reading so much about it and seeing it I'm a few videos
Running Ledger Fishing Blog
http://www.bencarvosso.wordpress.com

suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Post by suffolk si » Sat Nov 21 2020 23:20

Got took over by mick toomer then seemed to fade out a bit, some big fish were stocked in there in addition to the existing sticks ,probably a few on here who could tell you on more detail I reckon👍

Mercman
Chub
Chub

Post by Mercman » Sun Nov 22 2020 09:35

It got mainly filled in when they built Lakeside shopping centre. There is still a lake there but it is surrounded by shoppers and has a "boardwalk" of shops and restaurants. I heard that a few pike were moved into my local club water by a well respected "senior piker"
Delboy is actually now 66 years old.

Jason Skilton
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Jason Skilton » Mon Nov 23 2020 14:44

Mr T will like it that he books still draw enthusiasm......I think he should write another :wink:
If you enjoy the forum and would like to contribute towards the running costs please click here to send a donation via PayPal or here to buy some Pit merchandise - thank you

suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Post by suffolk si » Mon Nov 23 2020 22:00

Jason Skilton wrote:
Mr T will like it that he books still draw enthusiasm......I think he should write another :wink:
+1
I thought mega pike the return was still a great book