Mega Pike by Eddie Turner

Muskie
Chub
Chub

Mega Pike by Eddie Turner

Post by Muskie »

This is my favourite pike book and I think it is a good read and i like to re-visit it from time to time.

Well written and humorous in places and obviously some big pike exploits on Tescos and other waters including Langdefed (however it is spelt) which i really enjoyed.

Interesting historically to read of fishing some 30 years back and how things have changed or not as the case maybe.

Incidentally, I much preferred this book as to its successor Meg Pike The Return which although good in its own way and containing captures of some monstrous pike bigger pike did not have the easy reading style and flow of the original in my opinion.

Recommended.
bencarvosso
Chub
Chub

Re: Mega Pike by Eddie Turner

Post by bencarvosso »

What ever happened to tescos lake.
Remember reading so much about it and seeing it I'm a few videos
Running Ledger Fishing Blog
http://www.bencarvosso.wordpress.com
suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Post by suffolk si »

Got took over by mick toomer then seemed to fade out a bit, some big fish were stocked in there in addition to the existing sticks ,probably a few on here who could tell you on more detail I reckon👍
Mercman
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mercman »

It got mainly filled in when they built Lakeside shopping centre. There is still a lake there but it is surrounded by shoppers and has a "boardwalk" of shops and restaurants. I heard that a few pike were moved into my local club water by a well respected "senior piker"
Ray Waker
Jason Skilton
Zander
Zander

Post by Jason Skilton »

Mr T will like it that he books still draw enthusiasm......I think he should write another :wink:
suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Post by suffolk si »

Jason Skilton wrote: Mon Nov 23 2020 14:44 -
Mr T will like it that he books still draw enthusiasm......I think he should write another :wink:
+1
I thought mega pike the return was still a great book
horseshoe3
Barbel
Barbel

Post by horseshoe3 »

Both great, my mega pike book is in a right state, read a thousand times, probably.
Timothy edwards
Drift take
Roach
Roach

Post by Drift take »

I just purchased this lately and it's a great immersive read. Does anyone know any other great pike books like this?
steve28fishing
Perch
Perch

Post by steve28fishing »

A pikers progress by Watto is a similarly good book I've read countless times. Thirty years old now mind.
Mercman
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mercman »

Drift take wrote: Sun Dec 26 2021 14:15 -
I just purchased this lately and it's a great immersive read. Does anyone know any other great pike books like this?
Dimples to Wrinkles, Bill Palmer great book. You can get Dimples to wrinkles and beyond cheaper, same book with a couple of extra chapters £15 at Abe books
Ray Waker
suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Post by suffolk si »

Mercman wrote: Thu Dec 30 2021 19:52 -
Drift take wrote: Sun Dec 26 2021 14:15 -
Dimples to Wrinkles, Bill Palmer great book. You can get Dimples to wrinkles and beyond cheaper, same book with a couple of extra chapters £15 at Abe books
+1 , the wife got me Phil Wakefords for Christmas ( at last!🤣) couple of chapters into it and it seems decent