The Horton Chronicles

Graham Benyon
Barbel
Barbel

The Horton Chronicles

Post by Graham Benyon »

Some good some not so good but there is a lot in there and the good bits are really gripping. Dave Lanes and Keith Jenkins in particular. 4 out of 5. Enjoyed 85% of it.
John Milford
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Re: The Horton Chronicles

Post by John Milford »

Graham Benyon wrote: Wed Feb 03 2021 23:52 -
Some good some not so good but there is a lot in there and the good bits are really gripping. Dave Lanes and Keith Jenkins in particular. 4 out of 5. Enjoyed 85% of it.
I take it it's about Horton Fishery and not our own Mr Horton? :clown:

I fished Horton once, when it was still a trout fishery (showing my age there! :red: ). When I was in the Liesure Sports Angling 'special projects team', we netted the carp out of Fox Pool which, if I remember correctly, were all transferred straight into Horton to establish it as a new carp venue.

Apart from all the carp, the only other fish to show up in the Fox Pool netting were a 10lb tench, one starving pike and a handful of perch. 'Specialst' carp fisheries, eh? :roll:
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "
Graham Benyon
Barbel
Barbel

Re: The Horton Chronicles

Post by Graham Benyon »

Yes they all went in Horton as well as a few from the Road Pool I think. They grew rapidly but them the majority of them died when some small carp they were testing in a net before releasing them escaped into the main lake. I think only 2 or 3 originals survived. They restocked the water and the new fish have now reached 40lb again. I found one or two of the anglers stories hardwork but there were a few really good tales.