Crucian Renaissance

steve28fishing
Perch
Perch

Crucian Renaissance

Post by steve28fishing »

Arrived this week and I cannot put it down.

What a lovely book.. Absolute gem.
Lukemilnes
Perch
Perch

Re: Crucian Renaissance

Post by Lukemilnes »

Filed mine away with the rest, really looks lovely tho. Looking forward to reading it!
Lures, tackle and shiny things

www.eplures.com
martin(rockape)
Barbel
Barbel

Post by martin(rockape) »

steve28fishing wrote: Fri Sep 10 2021 10:20 -
Arrived this week and I cannot put it down.

What a lovely book.. Absolute gem.
Cracking read and I've learnt that its not a carp and also not a native fish of the uk.

Regards

Martin
Martin Alexander aka Alex, Spic.
Fentiger01
Disco Dave
Disco Dave

Post by Fentiger01 »

Just finished reading my copy of Crucian Renaissance from cover-to-cover this week, it truly is an excellent book! :cool: :thumbs:

The book has many chapters dealing with everything from their sad demise from many of their natural habitats, stories of biggies, the fantastic project brought about to ensure that they have a fighting chance of survival as a species and some methods of how to go about catching them.

A fantastic read, Chris Turnbull & Co absolutely nailed it. :thumbs:
Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!
suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Post by suffolk si »

great book, i know a few who contributed to it , they are lovely fish , had a few nice ones over the last few years ....
delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Post by delboy »

When / if I see one for a tenner, I will buy it , same with that gudgeon one, but I think they are all around 20 odd quid.
Nothing wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its everyone else.
Mike F
Chub
Chub

Post by Mike F »

Haven't read the book but have joined a small syndicate in Norfolk where the owner has created a fishery stocked only with Crucian and tench as part of the national crucian conservation project.
Its a small and personal place, the fish are beautiful and breeding extremely well, and the owner is supplying other venues across Norfolk and Suffolk.
its great to see this species regaining popularity again, and im having a great time just enjoying catching them once more.
Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room.
Fentiger01
Disco Dave
Disco Dave

Post by Fentiger01 »

Sounds fantastic that Mike, enjoy it mate. :cool: :thumbs:
Fentiger01
Disco Dave
Disco Dave

Post by Fentiger01 »

suffolk si wrote: Thu Jul 20 2023 11:44 -
great book, i know a few who contributed to it , they are lovely fish , had a few nice ones over the last few years ....
I used to fish for them quite a bit in the early 90's Si, a lovely fish indeed. :thumbs:

Never had a 2 though, 1lb 14oz remains my best.
delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Post by delboy »

Mike F wrote: Thu Jul 20 2023 12:15 -
Haven't read the book but have joined a small syndicate in Norfolk where the owner has created a fishery stocked only with Crucian and tench as part of the national crucian conservation project.
Its a small and personal place, the fish are beautiful and breeding extremely well, and the owner is supplying other venues across Norfolk and Suffolk.
its great to see this species regaining popularity again, and im having a great time just enjoying catching them once more.
Next time you see that bloke, buy him a drink for me,...........................................................on second thoughts just shake his hand, its cheaper.
Nothing wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its everyone else.
suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Post by suffolk si »

great little venue run by a great bloke:)
suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Post by suffolk si »

Fentiger01 wrote: Thu Jul 20 2023 14:38 -
suffolk si wrote: Thu Jul 20 2023 11:44 -
I used to fish for them quite a bit in the early 90's Si, a lovely fish indeed. :thumbs:

Never had a 2 though, 1lb 14oz remains my best.
twos round here still rare dave , i had all my bigger ones at the well know surrey venue.

still a few places around here with lots in , just not many big ones
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes »

How nice is that
I’m rather jealous
Sounds like a lovely day’s fishing
Regards
Tom
Mike F
Chub
Chub

Post by Mike F »

suffolk si wrote: Thu Jul 20 2023 15:15 -
great little venue run by a great bloke:)
Definitely a top fella!
Happy Hayes wrote: Thu Jul 20 2023 16:19 -
How nice is that
I’m rather jealous
Sounds like a lovely day’s fishing
Regards
Tom
It is a lovely little place and the fish are in superb condition. The owner Takes great pride in what he has created. Takes me back to my childhood days. A lot of members use vintage gear and pins for close in work. Real traditional stuff.
Mike F
Chub
Chub

Post by Mike F »

delboy wrote: Thu Jul 20 2023 14:42 -
Next time you see that bloke, buy him a drink for me,...........................................................on second thoughts just shake his hand, its cheaper.
He's done a great job with the venue. I think you would love it there 👍
Mike F
Chub
Chub

Post by Mike F »

Fentiger01 wrote: Thu Jul 20 2023 14:37 -
I'm certainly doing that Dave! A little bit of paradise! 👍
Fentiger01
Disco Dave
Disco Dave

Post by Fentiger01 »

Mike F wrote: Thu Jul 20 2023 17:49 -
Fentiger01 wrote: Thu Jul 20 2023 14:37 -
I'm certainly doing that Dave! A little bit of paradise! 👍
👍