Things That Go Bump In The Night.

Monts
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Things That Go Bump In The Night.

Post by Monts »

I came across this the other day.

https://www.peterwisebooks.com/?fbclid= ... 8GSPDY3Ut4

It may interest some of us? I'm going to buy it, I don't know the guy, not getting a squeeze for plugging it here. It comes out on October the 31st.
If you wanna go fishing go fishing.- John Gierach
delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Things That Go Bump In The Night.

Post by delboy »

As soon as I saw that picture it reminded me off a old LAA water I fished when I first moved down here (it is gone now) the bridge in the picture is a damn site better than the one I had to get across, all added to the fun. happy days,That book sounds a bit scary, but I am usually gone before dark anyway, how much is it .
Nothing wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its everyone else.
Monts
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Monts »

delboy wrote: Thu Jul 27 2023 11:09 -
As soon as I saw that picture it reminded me off a old LAA water I fished when I first moved down here (it is gone now) the bridge in the picture is a damn site better than the one I had to get across, all added to the fun. happy days,That book sounds a bit scary, but I am usually gone before dark anyway, how much is it .

I don't know how much mate.
delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Post by delboy »

:thumbs:
Nothing wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its everyone else.
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

I may have posted before about a story I read in one of the monthly's about 25 years ago.

Briefly a bloke fishing a pit that still had old tracks for gravel extraction, he saw an apparition of a mangled bloke and basically ran like f**k to his car, leaving all his gear behind. It turned out that one of the quarry workers had an accident with a cart and got mangled when it was still in operation!

After I'd read it, a lad that was doing a bit of cash in hand for me started to read it as we were in the van because it was snowing heavily and someone knocked on the van window, he absolutely s**t himself.

It was a really good read and I've tried on numerous occasions to find it again.

A long shot but perhaps it could be in this book???
Monts
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Monts »

Bob Watson wrote: Sat Aug 12 2023 23:18 -
I may have posted before about a story I read in one of the monthly's about 25 years ago.

Briefly a bloke fishing a pit that still had old tracks for gravel extraction, he saw an apparition of a mangled bloke and basically ran like f**k to his car, leaving all his gear behind. It turned out that one of the quarry workers had an accident with a cart and got mangled when it was still in operation!

After I'd read it, a lad that was doing a bit of cash in hand for me started to read it as we were in the van because it was snowing heavily and someone knocked on the van window, he absolutely s**t himself.

It was a really good read and I've tried on numerous occasions to find it again.

A long shot but perhaps it could be in this book???

I don't think so Bob, I believe it's a work of fiction.