Vintage rod rebuild

Talk about Lure/Tackle ID's; Reminisce over bygone times and old fishing tackle
John Milford
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Vintage rod rebuild

Post by John Milford » Sun Sep 08 2019 22:16

Mark_Houghton wrote:
Even on the old Abus there isnt that much blank inside the handle. This is one I fitted a carbon blank to, a short while back, and the blank only goes into the metal portion above the foregrip. It seems solid though, and the blank I used is quite a thick walled one so I expect it to be ok. From memory, on the later Speedlock handles the blank went right up through the foregrip section aswell.

IMG_20190304_181655068.jpg
Ever come across anything like this old beauty Mark?

Screenshot_20190908-220230.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "

Mark_Houghton
Chub
Chub

Re: Vintage rod rebuild

Post by Mark_Houghton » Sun Sep 08 2019 22:19

John Milford wrote:
Mark_Houghton wrote:
Even on the old Abus there isnt that much blank inside the handle. This is one I fitted a carbon blank to, a short while back, and the blank only goes into the metal portion above the foregrip. It seems solid though, and the blank I used is quite a thick walled one so I expect it to be ok. From memory, on the later Speedlock handles the blank went right up through the foregrip section aswell.

IMG_20190304_181655068.jpg
Ever come across anything like this old beauty Mark?

Screenshot_20190908-220230.png
Not in the flesh John, but i`ve come across some gorgeous old handles like that one online...some of the old Champion Featherweight handles for example, are lovely, and fetch good money :thumbs: