Not vintage, but vintage styles.....

Talk about Lure/Tackle ID's; Reminisce over bygone times and old fishing tackle
Monts
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Not vintage, but vintage styles.....

Post by Monts » Sat Jun 29 2019 14:34

davelumb wrote:
Monts wrote:
davelumb wrote:
Looks more like camera shake to me.

And it's 'lens'... :geek:

Possibly I did not have any alcohol yesterday. Let's try again after its been tweaked.

_20190629_121056.JPG

Just playing about as I've not had many Perch on baits that run very shallow etc. I was casting to a small shoal of Chub and the little fella came out of nowhere and hit it. Great fun.
That's better.

Lovely fish too. :cool:

The net looks optimistic! :grin:
As mentioned before on here I don't drive and jump on and off various trains to get to my venues along with the offten early morning bus. So I need a net that can fold up and be stashed away. If I could find a smaller net with lure friendly weave I'd love one. :thumbs:
If you wanna go fishing go fishing.- John Gierach

Mattjb
Perch
Perch

Post by Mattjb » Sun Jun 30 2019 12:03

Monts wrote:
davelumb wrote:
Monts wrote:
davelumb wrote:

Possibly I did not have any alcohol yesterday. Let's try again after its been tweaked.

_20190629_121056.JPG

Just playing about as I've not had many Perch on baits that run very shallow etc. I was casting to a small shoal of Chub and the little fella came out of nowhere and hit it. Great fun.
That's better.

As mentioned before on here I don't drive and jump on and off various trains to get to my venues along with the offten early morning bus. So I need a net that can fold up and be stashed away. If I could find a smaller net with lure friendly weave I'd love one. :thumbs:
Monts, I've been using a vintage efgeeco 24" net with a snowbee rubber replacement mesh. The efgeeco nets come up on eBay now and again and they fold up.

Mark_Houghton
Chub
Chub

Post by Mark_Houghton » Sun Jun 30 2019 12:50

Monts wrote:
davelumb wrote:
Monts wrote:
davelumb wrote:

_20190629_121056.JPG

That's better.

I`ve been using the old version of the Spro folding net for the last 8yrs or so and it does the job...30" arms and rubber mesh. It`s comfortably landed pike to 20lbs which have gatecrashed perch sessions. The new version is very similar but lighter weight and looks decent :thumbs:

Monts
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Monts » Sun Jun 30 2019 16:47

Mattjb wrote:
Monts wrote:
davelumb wrote:
Monts wrote:
davelumb wrote:

_20190629_121056.JPG

That's better.

Monts, I've been using a vintage efgeeco 24" net with a snowbee rubber replacement mesh. The efgeeco nets come up on eBay now and again and they fold up.

Thanks for that Matt.

Mark the one I currently use is 36 inches, but it gets in the way in the summer a smaller one would help. :thumbs:

davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb » Sun Jun 30 2019 17:01

Korum have 26" and 30" folding triangular nets in their new catalogue with latex meshes.

Non-latex shown here:
https://www.korum.co.uk/products/nets-a ... iangle-net

Monts
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Monts » Sun Jun 30 2019 17:12

Dave,

I'll have a look for that, just done a quick search and most seem to stock the latex folding spoon. It's not massively urgent but would help. :thumbs:

davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb » Sun Jun 30 2019 17:39

Monts wrote:
Dave,

I'll have a look for that, just done a quick search and most seem to stock the latex folding spoon. It's not massively urgent but would help. :thumbs:
I only picked the catalogue up last week, so probably not in stock anywhere yet.

John Milford
Barbel
Barbel

Post by John Milford » Mon Jul 15 2019 19:44

A thing of rare beauty arrived this afternoon! :grin: (MH 'Big Tiger' 🐅) :cool:

IMG_20190715_191214.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "

Monts
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Monts » Wed Aug 07 2019 17:43

You been knocking anything up of late Mark?

Mark_Houghton
Chub
Chub

Post by Mark_Houghton » Wed Aug 07 2019 17:45

Monts wrote:
Only vintage style stuff i`ve been doing are some flocked mice which i`m busy with at the mo. I put some larger vintage baits up on FB the other week for sale and couldnt give them away :scratch:

Monts
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Monts » Wed Aug 07 2019 17:53

Mark_Houghton wrote:
Monts wrote:
Only vintage style stuff i`ve been doing are some flocked mice which i`m busy with at the mo. I put some larger vintage baits up on FB the other week for sale and couldnt give them away :scratch:
I can't figure that out either. Looking about on the lure angling websites of late, the amount of brand new soft plastic baits make me chuckle. They look the same as the last five years or perhaps I'm just cynical. :grin:

Mark_Houghton
Chub
Chub

Post by Mark_Houghton » Wed Aug 07 2019 17:55

Monts wrote:
Mark_Houghton wrote:
Monts wrote:
I can't figure that out either. Looking about on the lure angling websites of late, the amount of brand new soft plastic baits make me chuckle. They look the same as the last five years or perhaps I'm just cynical. :grin:
Mate the lure scene in the uk is backward. I`ve given up trying to figure it out :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

Monts
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Monts » Wed Aug 07 2019 18:01

Mark_Houghton wrote:
Monts wrote:
Mark_Houghton wrote:
Monts wrote:
Mate the lure scene in the uk is backward. I`ve given up trying to figure it out :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:
I've had a couple of sessions with the Flap Tails, good fun to use and they raise fish well. :thumbs:

Mark_Houghton
Chub
Chub

Post by Mark_Houghton » Wed Aug 07 2019 18:02

Monts wrote:
Mark_Houghton wrote:
Monts wrote:
Mark_Houghton wrote:
Monts wrote:
I've had a couple of sessions with the Flap Tails, good fun to use and they raise fish well. :thumbs:
Great to hear mate :smile: :thumbs:

Monts
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Monts » Sat Oct 05 2019 18:23

I know John Milford mentioned Mark's Fat Belly Shad on this section of the forum recently? But I'm buggerd if I can find it? Mark mentioned that it moves a fair amount of water. Yep it does, had a couple for a few years now. Took them out for a swim today on a falling river, but the clarity was about two to four inches so happy with half a dozen fish, nothing to set the world alight just good fun. I used to baulk at lure fishing in coloured water, but if I wait for perfect conditions in the Autumn/Winter I'd never get out.
FB Shad (2).JPG

Apologies to the unhooking mat police, wet spongy farmland is good enough for me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mark_Houghton
Chub
Chub

Post by Mark_Houghton » Sat Oct 05 2019 19:22

Monts wrote:
I know John Milford mentioned Mark's Fat Belly Shad on this section of the forum recently? But I'm buggerd if I can find it? Mark mentioned that it moves a fair amount of water. Yep it does, had a couple for a few years now. Took them out for a swim today on a falling river, but the clarity was about two to four inches so happy with half a dozen fish, nothing to set the world alight just good fun. I used to baulk at lure fishing in coloured water, but if I wait for perfect conditions in the Autumn/Winter I'd never get out.

FB Shad (2).JPG

Apologies to the unhooking mat police, wet spongy farmland is good enough for me.
Nice one mate. That shows too that you dont necessarily need mega bright patterns if the bait creates enough attraction with the "noise" it makes :wink: :thumbs:

Mark_Houghton
Chub
Chub

Post by Mark_Houghton » Tue Dec 03 2019 12:54

Haven`t done any vintage style baits in ages, so very happy with this one which i`ve just finished :smile: ....a sort of Creek Chub Viper style bait, which resembles a Heddon Tiger too in some ways :grin:

John Milford
Barbel
Barbel

Post by John Milford » Tue Dec 03 2019 13:03

Lovely paint job on that Viper mate :thumbs: It reminds me of the new floats you just made for me. :wink:

FB_IMG_1574104011883.jpg
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "

Mark_Houghton
Chub
Chub

Post by Mark_Houghton » Tue Dec 03 2019 13:07

John Milford wrote:
Lovely paint job on that Viper mate :thumbs: It reminds me of the new floats you just made for me. :wink:

FB_IMG_1574104011883.jpg
Your floats were sprayed the same way mate. I was experimenting with a different spraying method, trying to get the colours to pop more on my perch pattern :grin:

fergie68
Barbel
Barbel

Post by fergie68 » Tue Dec 03 2019 13:47

Wow Really Really nice. :worthy:
ALL FEROX ARE BROWN TROUT BUT NOT ALL BROWN TROUT ARE FEROX "

FEROX 85 GROUP

Mark_Houghton
Chub
Chub

Post by Mark_Houghton » Tue Dec 03 2019 13:50

fergie68 wrote:
Thanks John. Did you manage to get much info on those Big O lures you asked about the other week mate?

davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb » Tue Dec 03 2019 13:50

Mark_Houghton wrote:
Haven`t done any vintage style baits in ages, so very happy with this one which i`ve just finished :smile: ....a sort of Creek Chub Viper style bait, which resembles a Heddon Tiger too in some ways :grin:

Tasty. :thumbs:

Mark_Houghton
Chub
Chub

Post by Mark_Houghton » Tue Dec 03 2019 14:09

davelumb wrote:
Mark_Houghton wrote:

You`d like how it swims Dave....lovely lazy wobble, and tail heavy so it`ll work very nicely jerked, mega slow tail-down rise aswell.....should run to 3-4ft straight cranked, and deeper when jerked :thumbs:

davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb » Tue Dec 03 2019 14:22

Mark_Houghton wrote:
davelumb wrote:
Mark_Houghton wrote:

You`d like how it swims Dave....lovely lazy wobble, and tail heavy so it`ll work very nicely jerked, mega slow tail-down rise aswell.....should run to 3-4ft straight cranked, and deeper when jerked :thumbs:
:cool:

fergie68
Barbel
Barbel

Post by fergie68 » Tue Dec 03 2019 14:47

Mark_Houghton wrote:
fergie68 wrote:
Thanks John. Did you manage to get much info on those Big O lures you asked about the other week mate?

Enough mate.
I will find out for myself when I get the boat out next year. 👍🏻
ALL FEROX ARE BROWN TROUT BUT NOT ALL BROWN TROUT ARE FEROX "

FEROX 85 GROUP

Mark_Houghton
Chub
Chub

Post by Mark_Houghton » Tue Dec 03 2019 14:57

fergie68 wrote:
Mark_Houghton wrote:
fergie68 wrote:

Enough mate.
I will find out for myself when I get the boat out next year. 👍🏻
Good stuff mate :thumbs:

Will Smith
Chub
Chub

Post by Will Smith » Tue Dec 03 2019 20:06

I love the eyes Mark, it actually looks like it is looking over its shoulder at something, maybe at all the predators that will be chasing it, you just know its going to get chomped :laughs: .
Lovely looking lure :thumbs: .

Will.

Will Smith
Chub
Chub

Post by Will Smith » Tue Dec 03 2019 20:11

Mark_Houghton wrote:
fergie68 wrote:
Thanks Alan. Did you manage to get much info on those Big O lures you asked about the other week mate?
Corrected that for you auld fella, :laughs: .
Memory not what it used to be, eh ?

Will.

Mark_Houghton
Chub
Chub

Post by Mark_Houghton » Tue Dec 03 2019 20:18

Will Smith wrote:
Mark_Houghton wrote:
fergie68 wrote:
Thanks Alan. Did you manage to get much info on those Big O lures you asked about the other week mate?
Corrected that for you auld fella, :laughs: .
Memory not what it used to be, eh ?

Will.
Ta....and sorry Alan :grin: Don`t go taking the mickey now, you call me Neil at least once every trip :wink: :wink: :laughs: :laughs:

Will Smith
Chub
Chub

Post by Will Smith » Tue Dec 03 2019 20:28

Haha, that is very true Neil, :laughs: :laughs: .

Will.