JW Young Trudex

Talk about Lure/Tackle ID's; Reminisce over bygone times and old fishing tackle
martin(rockape)
Chub
Chub

Re: JW Young Trudex

Post by martin(rockape) » Tue Sep 08 2020 22:40

John Milford wrote:
I wonder how many things can lie dormant for sixty years Martin, and still perform exactly as they were built to?

I expect the old reel enjoyed itself as much as you did! :pipe:

The starback will really be looking forward to it's turn on the rod. :thumbs:
I think it enjoyed getting sticky from the sweetcorn i was using and the snotty slime from the bream.

I must admit i was a tad more careful as the platform i was fishing from has mesh over it and after all this time i didn't want to damage its paint job.

Tomorrow i shall start off with the trudex building up the swim then introduce the starback as its warmed up so to speak and take it from there. Hopefully by then the carp will be feeding as it's my aim to catch a lump.

Regards

Martin

martin(rockape)
Chub
Chub

Re: JW Young Trudex

Post by martin(rockape) » Wed Sep 09 2020 20:30

martin(rockape) wrote:
John Milford wrote:
I wonder how many things can lie dormant for sixty years Martin, and still perform exactly as they were built to?

I expect the old reel enjoyed itself as much as you did! :pipe:

The starback will really be looking forward to it's turn on the rod. :thumbs:
I think it enjoyed getting sticky from the sweetcorn i was using and the snotty slime from the bream.

I must admit i was a tad more careful as the platform i was fishing from has mesh over it and after all this time i didn't want to damage its paint job.

Tomorrow i shall start off with the trudex building up the swim then introduce the starback as its warmed up so to speak and take it from there. Hopefully by then the carp will be feeding as it's my aim to catch a lump.

Regards

Martin
Fishing with the Wooden Starback didn't go quite to plan, no lumps showed up in my peg but i had a few bream and quite a few Roach the best going about 1Lb which was nice.

I was hoping to connect with a carp so i could really put a bit of graft into winding it in on this little reel. Another time maybe.

Regards

Martin