Pitsters in print - what we had to say ( back in the day).

Talk about Lure/Tackle ID's; Reminisce over bygone times and old fishing tackle
Will Smith
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Pitsters in print - what we had to say ( back in the day).

Post by Will Smith »

Haha John, you were certainly ahead of the game old boy :thumbs: .

You will have forgotten more than most of us mere mortals will ever know about lures and lure fishing :worthy: :worthy: !

Will.
colinb
Barbel
Barbel

Post by colinb »

Barrie, Tim and I caught hundreds of pike on spinner baits, Tim and I mainly on stuff bought from John's TG Lures, Barrie on Masterline freebies, typical tight Yorkshire man.
Remember meeting John (and Spike) for the 1st time at Ardingly. The TG LURE stand was like a sweet shop, trouble was my wife was watching me. 😳
John Milford
Zander
Zander

Post by John Milford »

colinb wrote: Sat Jul 30 2022 23:25 -
Barrie, Tim and I caught hundreds of pike on spinner baits, Tim and I mainly on stuff bought from John's TG Lures, Barrie on Masterline freebies, typical tight Yorkshire man.
Remember meeting John (and Spike) for the 1st time at Ardingly. The TG LURE stand was like a sweet shop, trouble was my wife was watching me. 😳
Probably the '1st National TG Lure Championship' Colin? (The one Charlie Bettell won with a four pound rainbow trout on a Abu 'Droppen').

Everyone tends to overlook that one, as it was eclipsed by Des Taylor's 99lb haul on a leaky Big S at Thorpe Park the following year.

Happy days! :grin: :thumbs:
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "