Turds

For the Twitchers amongst us
markd
Roach
Roach

Turds

Post by markd » Sat Apr 04 2020 21:46

Been catching mice in the garage - pellets, groundbait, etc all in plastic tubs on shelves but i guess they can smell it as thats where their ‘evidence’ has been left even though it’s 4ft off the ground!

Question is - where do the bigger ones come from? Only been a few, ratio about 10-1 in favour of little mouse turds, but are the bigger ones rat poo??? :pale:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Brian Carragher
Roach
Roach

Re: Turds

Post by Brian Carragher » Sat Apr 04 2020 22:28

Rat s**t is about 8mm in diameter and about 25mm long, mouse s**t is like pencil lead but about 6mm long

Theres a different smell to rat p**s as well, you can tell the difference between the two after a bit, best get on top of it before it becomes a real problem, mild but wet winter has pushed them above ground and theyre on the move looking for new hidey holes, my garage has just been invaded by them and after tipping the neighbours off one of them told me he saw them in his garden 6 weeks ago and been putting poison down since then so they're about and looking for food

markd
Roach
Roach

Post by markd » Sun Apr 05 2020 17:18

Cheers for that👍
Maybe just a constipated mouse then😁
Got a few traps down, getting the odd one but maybe have to go further if it gets worse.

zodiac
Barbel
Barbel

Post by zodiac » Sun Apr 05 2020 20:16

It's certainly a lot bigger but doesn't look like rat s**t to me.
'Politicians. Don't vote, it just encourages them. The desire to be a politician should bar you from life from ever being one' Billy Connoly

Kev Berry
Pike
Pike

Post by Kev Berry » Sun Apr 05 2020 22:07

Brian Carragher wrote:
Rat s**t is about 8mm in diameter and about 25mm long, mouse s**t is like pencil lead but about 6mm long

Theres a different smell to rat p**s as well, you can tell the difference between the two after a bit, best get on top of it before it becomes a real problem, mild but wet winter has pushed them above ground and theyre on the move looking for new hidey holes, my garage has just been invaded by them and after tipping the neighbours off one of them told me he saw them in his garden 6 weeks ago and been putting poison down since then so they're about and looking for food

8mm diameter rat turds? How big are the feckin rats down your way :laughs:

Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff » Sun Apr 05 2020 22:56

Kev Berry wrote:
Brian Carragher wrote:

:laughs: :giggle: :laughs:

Grant :smile:
Grant Everson

What people say there going todo and what they actually do is two completely different things :wink:

I know a lot about a bit of stuff and a bit about a lot of stuff :wink:

I upset some guys because I tell it as it is :wink:

Brian Carragher
Roach
Roach

Post by Brian Carragher » Mon Apr 06 2020 07:37

Kev Berry wrote:
Brian Carragher wrote:

Big, just killed a live adult, had one of those Commercial sticky pads out with a bit of bait in the middle, mr roland went for it and got stuck, had to put a shovel on its neck and finish it off, might take a pic and upload, bugger looked well fed, at least my groundbait and halibut pellets were put to good use feeding the little b******s

Bob Watson
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Bob Watson » Mon Apr 06 2020 09:51

Size guide here but I have seen them considerably bigger when lifting decking.
mice-rat-droppings.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I don't have a nickname :roll:

Brian Carragher
Roach
Roach

Post by Brian Carragher » Mon Apr 06 2020 10:13

Kev Berry wrote:
Brian Carragher wrote:

Just for you Kev, apparently you like rats :laughs:

Blackbird went on the sticky pad, roland spied lunch and pounced and ate it and made a bloody good job of it too

I did the rat in this morning, measured 10 inch long from tip of snout to root of tail, not one of this years young I guess, poison been left overnight andthey havent eaten it, bugger, I'm hoping I havent disturbed the nest as I want them dead not just evicted
copy4.jpg

copy5.jpg
copy6.jpg

Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff » Mon Apr 06 2020 10:31

Bri was that a PB :laughs:

Grant Everson

What people say there going todo and what they actually do is two completely different things :wink:

Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff » Mon Apr 06 2020 10:38

I had some rats in my garage and put the poison down and it got one :thumbs:

But I could not find it, but could smell it rotting :roll:

When I found it the maggots had got to it but none of the crisalists had hatched in to fly's I think the poison had got them as well :scratch:

Grant Everson

Danoutdoors
Perch
Perch

Post by Danoutdoors » Mon Apr 06 2020 10:44

Brian Carragher wrote:
Kev Berry wrote:
Brian Carragher wrote:

Just for you Kev, apparently you like rats :laughs:

Blackbird went on the sticky pad, roland spied lunch and pounced and ate it and made a bloody good job of it too

I did the rat in this morning, measured 10 inch long from tip of snout to root of tail, not one of this years young I guess, poison been left overnight andthey havent eaten it, bugger, I'm hoping I havent disturbed the nest as I want them dead not just evicted

copy4.jpg

copy5.jpg

copy6.jpg
Beautiful collage there Brian, Damian Hurst would be impressed 🤣👍

Kev Berry
Pike
Pike

Post by Kev Berry » Mon Apr 06 2020 11:39

Think this one I got was a similar size, not seen anymore for a while and poison blocks still intact...as are the dog biscuit indicators :wink:

Update on roland damage
b******s had chewed one of my fox boat nets rubber mesh
Found out yesterday they had a a little chew on my other, but not too bad.
Today's job is net mending :grin:

Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff » Today 00:12

Found this on my decking the other morning could it be from a young fox :scratch:
360B1F58-47F2-4D5E-AD79-81616509BF7B_1_201_a.jpeg

And something had dragged all the cuttings of the roots of the blackberry bush

AF3D3333-8959-4785-A42E-165D5204CB4B_1_201_a.jpeg

Grant Everson

davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb » Today 06:34

Crackoff wrote:
Found this on my decking the other morning could it be from a young fox :scratch:

360B1F58-47F2-4D5E-AD79-81616509BF7B_1_201_a.jpeg

And something had dragged all the cuttings of the roots of the blackberry bush

AF3D3333-8959-4785-A42E-165D5204CB4B_1_201_a.jpeg

Hedgepig?

The grass cuttings could have been done by blackbirds too.

ChrisWales
Perch
Perch

Post by ChrisWales » Today 08:25

Badgers digging on gardens round my way, could me that?