40 year old sparrow

For the Twitchers amongst us
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

40 year old sparrow

Post by davelumb »

I've been scanning some of my old black and white negatives from the last century this week. I don't remember owning a telephoto lens back in 1977, but I guess I did! Probably some cheap thing I got from the second-hand shop.

This is one of three pictures of sparrows I took. The only three. I guess I gave it up as a bad job when I got the prints back from Boots. :laughs:

Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Re: 40 year old sparrow

Post by Andrew »

wow I didnt know they lived that long!

:giggle:

lovely shot. I like it.
Freako
Chub
Chub

Post by Freako »

Thats beautiful Dave :laughs:
Mick.
phil.c
Zander
Zander

Post by phil.c »

So much more character and holds more memories that a far better digital shot you took yesterday. :thumbs:
My opinion may offend, but it's only an opinion that may differ to your's.
It doesn't make me wrong.

Phil Cheriton....
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

I'm surprised it's in focus, Mick! :laughs:

I have to admit that the pics I've been scanning do have a different 'look' to them compared to digital, Phil. I still think there's a nostalgia effect at play, though.

The biggest thing I've taken away from the exercise is a regret of not taking more photos of people I knew, and places which are now redeveloped. I do have more photos of my parents than I thought I had. Which is good. Even one of my mum doing the washing up. None of my dad doing working around the house though. Like father, like son. :grin:
phil.c
Zander
Zander

Post by phil.c »

davelumb wrote: Fri May 04 2018 09:39 -

The biggest thing I've taken away from the exercise is a regret of not taking more photos of people I knew, and places which are now redeveloped. I do have more photos of my parents than I thought I had. Which is good. Even one of my mum doing the washing up. None of my dad doing working around the house though. Like father, like son. :grin:
I love looking through the box of old family photo's that on top of my mum's wardrobe.. :thumbs:
My opinion may offend, but it's only an opinion that may differ to your's.
It doesn't make me wrong.

Phil Cheriton....
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

phil.c wrote: Fri May 04 2018 09:57 -
davelumb wrote: Fri May 04 2018 09:39 -

I love looking through the box of old family photo's that on top of my mum's wardrobe.. :thumbs:
:thumbs: