I cannot stand gardening :eek: but we have one so I have to help :cry:

We will have a nice little crop soon
fullsizeoutput_58b.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_58c.jpeg
The Blackberries are the cultivated ones No thorns
fullsizeoutput_58a.jpeg
Now watch someone say that have a bigger bush :laughs:

Grant :smile:

PS, if this is in the wrong section sorry guys I didn't know where to stick it :scratch:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grant Everson :smile:

To that one soul reading this
I know your tired fed up and close to braking
But theres strength within you even when you feel week
You've come too far to give up now
Stay strong and keep fighting
Kev Berry

Re: Strawberries, Blueberries, and Blackberries

Post by Kev Berry »

Crackoff wrote: Mon Jul 23 2018 23:00 -

fullsizeoutput_58b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_58c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_58a.jpeg

PS, if this is in the wrong section sorry guys I didn't know where to stick it :scratch:
You will have ate the lot in 5 mins Grant---not quite the Good Life :wink:
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

Kev Berry wrote: Mon Jul 23 2018 23:08 -
Crackoff wrote: Mon Jul 23 2018 23:00 -

fullsizeoutput_58b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_58c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_58a.jpeg

You will have ate the lot in 5 mins Grant---not quite the Good Life :wink:
Oh I don't know Kev the boss goes out every morning to see if she can get few black ones to go with the granola :laughs: :thumbs:

Last edited by Crackoff on Sat Jul 28 2018 06:26, edited 1 time in total.

Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Hi Crackie,
Next spring when you mow your lawns put the clipping around the Blacky roots, try and keep around 1" of mulched clipping going through the summer.
Water when the small green berries can be seen and you will have bucketfuls of succulent fruits.
Three sides of my garden is covered in relocated wild blackberries, the best natural deterrent for burglars and cats and perfect nest sites of my feathered friends.
SWMBO is collecting poor quality fruits, they are much sweeter at the days end than following a cool night.
Just ensure you get all the 'king' berries, the first fruit on the bunch to ripen (Gardeners Special Reserve)!

:thumbs:
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

Mike J wrote: Tue Jul 24 2018 09:09 -
Hi Crackie,
Next spring when you mow your lawns put the clipping around the Blacky roots, try and keep around 1" of mulched clipping going through the summer.
Water when the small green berries can be seen and you will have bucketfuls of succulent fruits.
Three sides of my garden is covered in relocated wild blackberries, the best natural deterrent for burglars and cats and perfect nest sites of my feathered friends.
SWMBO is collecting poor quality fruits, they are much sweeter at the days end than following a cool night.
Just ensure you get all the 'king' berries, the first fruit on the bunch to ripen (Gardeners Special Reserve)!

Hi Crackie,

A bit unsure what SWMBO means Mike :scratch:

The problem is I have some weeds in my lawns (Moss, Clover, Dandelions and some ones that I don't know what they are) so I'm :afraid: of transferring any seeds to the cultivated bit :confused:

As I said I don't like gardening (if I had my way I would concrete it have a few pots and do the rest with a brush) but the wifey likes it so if its there I will do what I have to :cry: :pale:

Grant we need an under the thumb smiley :laughs:

Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed - which is often used as a substitute for the under the thumb smiley(emoji) :grin:

Whatever wild plants are in your lawn along with the grasses should be added to the mulch, use it all as nothing will grow as it decays into a brown semi-wet mulch with the regular watering, the mulch keeps the roots cool and moist and the decaying matter provides feed aplenty.

I used to have four rows of raspberries that originated from cast offs from a fruit farm, after a couple of years mulching they would produce 3lbs of raspberries a day, YES A DAY. I used to give bowls of them away to the girls in the office which proved to be the best sweetener ever!

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

Mike J wrote: Sat Jul 28 2018 10:43 -
SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed - which is often used as a substitute for the under the thumb smiley(emoji) :grin:

Whatever wild plants are in your lawn along with the grasses should be added to the mulch, use it all as nothing will grow as it decays into a brown semi-wet mulch with the regular watering, the mulch keeps the roots cool and moist and the decaying matter provides feed aplenty.

I used to have four rows of raspberries that originated from cast offs from a fruit farm, after a couple of years mulching they would produce 3lbs of raspberries a day, YES A DAY. I used to give bowls of them away to the girls in the office which proved to be the best sweetener ever!

SWMBO :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

Cheers Mike I will try that mate :thumbs:

Fist of meany :thumbs:
fullsizeoutput_591.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

John Milford
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by John Milford »

Lots of ripe blackberries starting to show in the fields around my way :thumbs:

Noticed a lot of the heads of wheat turning black though, which I'm sure can't be good? :shrug: They were all fine a week ago - I wonder if the recent rain has affected the crop?
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "
BOBC
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by BOBC »

6 pounds of Cherries collected in about an hour. Think I feel some bottles of Cherry brandy coming on :thumbs:
IMG_20180726_163428.jpg