Night time camera

For the Twitchers amongst us
Dusty22
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Night time camera

Post by Dusty22 »

All , I’d like a good night camera- video recorder. I’ve a famyof foxes in my garden and there seems to be a lot of activity at night .
Do any of you guys have such a thing or can you recommend a camera? I’m after one of the wildlife cameras that only record when movement sets them off . I’m not actually sure what they are called .

Dusty :thanks:
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Re: Night time camera

Post by davelumb »

They're called Trail Cameras.

I have one but it's pants, so wouldn't recommend it!
Carlperkins
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Carlperkins »

I know where there’s half a dozen in a field 😂
That Perkins !!! 😂
Will Smith
James Holgate Award Winner 2023
James Holgate Award Winner 2023

Post by Will Smith »

We bought a few for our shoot for surveillance purposes, we realised later that as with most things, you get what you pay for, out of the four I think two are still working.
The biggest problem with the ones we bought was that they took photos when triggered by movement, this meant every time a leaf twitched or the wind blew the grass about it would take a shot, resulting in literally thousands of pics to go through. This type is OK for surveillance in an controlled environment where there is not a lot background movement, however for wild life I reckon infra red models triggered by heat are the way to go.
Read up on them first before you buy Dusty, or speak to someone with experience in that field before you spend your dosh, I certainly would not recommend the cheaper ones for what you want, although they will work.

Will.