I have a Lurker.........or two.

For the Twitchers amongst us
alan behenna
Barbel
Barbel

I have a Lurker.........or two.

Post by alan behenna »

This Lockdown' is certainly encouraging local wildlife to stage a come-back in places they were generally just not seen, or very rarely, if at all.

Found more than one skat' on and around the front lawn area this am. Seems that one (or maybe more??) of the local HedgePigs' are returning. Always Welcome.

Anyone got anything more spectacular invading since Lockdown?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Re: I have a Lurker.........or two.

Post by Nige Johns »

Korda imitation slug £5.50 each :laughs:
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

Had fox crap on my front lawn patch of daisy's and dandelions when I cut it the other day.

Also what was left of a blackbird when I cut it this morning, must have been a fox again as there was only feathers and no carcass at all.
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Bob Watson wrote: Sat May 16 2020 15:38 -
Had fox crap on my front lawn patch of daisy's and dandelions when I cut it the other day.

Also what was left of a blackbird when I cut it this morning, must have been a fox again as there was only feathers and no carcass at all.

Could have be a sparrowhawk Bob.
Look just above halfway on the quills of the discarded feathers, your looking for two indents pointing slightly inward at one end, wider at the other, made by the beak as they often pluck out a few before carrying away.

On a moulting bird a fox will often nibble the bottoms ends off some new feathers but cannot remember seeing it on one as small as a blackie.

:thumbs:
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

The feathers have been processed by the grass cutter Mike :wink:

We get lots of wildlife in our road, literally over the road from open countryside. I'll set the trail camera up one night and see what i can capture!
Chris Hammond
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Chris Hammond »

Next doors cat. :shrug:
I don't care who your dad is , you're not walking across the river when I'm fishing!
alan behenna
Barbel
Barbel

Post by alan behenna »

Chris Hammond wrote: Tue May 19 2020 05:25 -
Next doors cat. :shrug:

Exactly what I was thinking, there's a murdering bunch of the feline a-holes that cause havoc hereabouts, had the feather-storm-no-carcass left on more than one occasion.

:suspect: