African vulture seen in Ireland

For the Twitchers amongst us
GAVIN H
Zander
Zander

African vulture seen in Ireland

Post by GAVIN H »

I,m not good with links but if you google BBC news ,Northern Ireland, its on there. Spotted in Donegal, the twitchers are going mad.
Smoothound
Roach
Roach

Re: African vulture seen in Ireland

Post by Smoothound »

That's pretty cool :thumbs:
Phil
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality...
GAVIN H
Zander
Zander

Post by GAVIN H »

Smoothound wrote: Sun Jul 18 2021 18:43 -
It was actually an Egyptian vulture, apparently they fly thousands of miles but never Donegal before.
I saw a White tailed sea eagle in Donegal last season while piking. Made my day tbh.
zodiac
Barbel
Barbel

Post by zodiac »

GAVIN H wrote: Sun Jul 18 2021 20:36 -
It was actually an Egyptian vulture, apparently they fly thousands of miles but never Donegal before.
I saw a White tailed sea eagle in Donegal last season while piking. Made my day tbh.

There's sea eagles on the Scottish Islands, particularly Mull, its not too much of a stretch to think they'll be flying over Ireland at times.
'Politicians. Don't vote, it just encourages them. The desire to be a politician should bar you from life from ever being one' Billy Connoly
Smoothound
Roach
Roach

Post by Smoothound »

GAVIN H wrote: Sun Jul 18 2021 20:36 -
Yeah thought they were Egyptians but assumed they had other names too! There are some White Tailed right down here on the South Coast but not seen one yet but Red Kites and Buzzards are almost common now
Phil
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality...