Canon Powershot GX1

For the Twitchers amongst us
Runaway Train
Roach
Roach

Canon Powershot GX1

Post by Runaway Train »

By any chance does anyone use one of these?

It's an old camera but fine for my needs.

The question relates to the customising of the self timer. I can get the shot number to change but can't figure out how to change the delay from 10 seconds to 30 seconds (despite reading the manual and following online tutorials).
LB
Inaugural Member
Inaugural Member

Re: Canon Powershot GX1

Post by LB »

:thumbs: I use one of these but prefer to use the smile detect to set up for a self take. Regarding your query I shall dig out the camera and have a look
Runaway Train
Roach
Roach

Post by Runaway Train »

LB wrote: Mon Jan 15 2024 16:07 -
:thumbs: I use one of these but prefer to use the smile detect to set up for a self take. Regarding your query I shall dig out the camera and have a look
Thanks

I can get to the custom screen and it allows me to move the shot number from 1-10 but shows the timer but will not allow me to change it.
Mark_Houghton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark_Houghton »

Runaway Train wrote: Mon Jan 15 2024 18:11 -
LB wrote: Mon Jan 15 2024 16:07 -
Thanks

I can get to the custom screen and it allows me to move the shot number from 1-10 but shows the timer but will not allow me to change it.
According to the manual i found with a quick Google, you turn the dial to change the delay time, and use the multi selector to change the number of shots :thumbs:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/27584 ... =53#manual
Runaway Train
Roach
Roach

Post by Runaway Train »

Mark

Have read the manual and it works fine for shot numbers but wont let me switch to the timer to change that.

Strange - the blurb says you can move it to 30 seconds but appears fixed on 10.

Various web articles wont do it either thus need a Pitster to resolve.
Mark_Houghton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark_Houghton »

Runaway Train wrote: Tue Jan 16 2024 08:13 -
Mark

Have read the manual and it works fine for shot numbers but wont let me switch to the timer to change that.

As I read it, it doesnt switch between delay time and number of shots in the menu. You just bring up the self timer setting and either can be adjusted from there by either the dial or arrow keys. Hope you get it sorted, camera manuals can be very vague nowadays and aren`t much help...
Runaway Train
Roach
Roach

Post by Runaway Train »

Mark_Houghton wrote: Tue Jan 16 2024 11:32 -
Mark

As I read it, it doesnt switch between delay time and number of shots in the menu. You just bring up the self timer setting and either can be adjusted from there by either the dial or arrow keys. Hope you get it sorted, camera manuals can be very vague nowadays and aren`t much help...
Cheers Mark - followed that to the letter but neither the dial or arrows allow me to switch from the picture number to the timer setting. Very confusing for us luddites.
Mark_Houghton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark_Houghton »

Runaway Train wrote: Tue Jan 16 2024 17:16 -
Mark_Houghton wrote: Tue Jan 16 2024 11:32 -
Mark

Cheers Mark - followed that to the letter but neither the dial or arrows allow me to switch from the picture number to the timer setting. Very confusing for us luddites.
Old film cameras were so much simpler.....pull the clockwork lever down and press a button to release it :laughs: :laughs:

You could always take it into a local camera shop for help if you get no joy from any g1x users on here mate :thumbs:
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

If all else fails a remote release might do the trick. Something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/RGBS-Wireless- ... C56&sr=8-2

Or get a footswitch https://rhino-tech.co.uk/shop/ols/produ ... no-release
Mark_Houghton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark_Houghton »

davelumb wrote: Tue Jan 16 2024 18:07 -
If all else fails a remote release might do the trick. Something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/RGBS-Wireless- ... C56&sr=8-2

Or get a footswitch https://rhino-tech.co.uk/shop/ols/produ ... no-release
:thumbs: :thumbs: Rhino do a remote release for the g1x, just had a quick look....