A mixed blessing . . .

For the Twitchers amongst us
John Milford
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

A mixed blessing . . .

Post by John Milford »

Screenshot_20240120-001852_Chrome~2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Re: A mixed blessing . . .

Post by davelumb »

:afraid:

:boing:
Will Smith
James Holgate Award Winner 2023
James Holgate Award Winner 2023

Post by Will Smith »

It would be a win win if it choked on it John :laughs:.

Will.
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Classic, thanks for posting.

:thumbs:

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

wow john did you take that photo , and then blanked ....
Taylorgilder
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Taylorgilder »

Funny but was out today and heard frantic flapping and a shreak from nearby overhanging bushes where a pair of cormorant's had been diving , they burst out of the water and flew away as an otters head appeared . Guess targeting the same silver fish ! Shame they weren’t a bit slower .
greencard1
Perch
Perch

Post by greencard1 »

How many pounds of fish flesh will an otter eat in a day; and how many pounds of fish flesh will one cormorant eat in a day?
I know otters will kill bigger fish, and only eat a small part of them... which is devastating... but will one otter eat as much as 2 cormorants in a day, or more, or less?

What do you think?

Just curious. I think 'they' say 4 geese can eat as much as 1 sheep for instance.
Mark_Houghton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark_Houghton »

greencard1 wrote: Wed Jan 31 2024 10:27 -
How many pounds of fish flesh will an otter eat in a day; and how many pounds of fish flesh will one cormorant eat in a day?
I know otters will kill bigger fish, and only eat a small part of them... which is devastating... but will one otter eat as much as 2 cormorants in a day, or more, or less?

What do you think?

Just curious. I think 'they' say 4 geese can eat as much as 1 sheep for instance.
Otters usually 1-2kg per day, or 15-20% of their bodyweight, so probably around the same, or a bit less than a cormorant.
greencard1
Perch
Perch

Post by greencard1 »

Mark_Houghton wrote: Wed Jan 31 2024 13:09 -
greencard1 wrote: Wed Jan 31 2024 10:27 -

What do you think?

Otters usually 1-2kg per day, or 15-20% of their bodyweight, so probably around the same, or a bit less than a cormorant.
Thanks Mark.

That is about what I was guessing.