Snow Leopards

For the Twitchers amongst us
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Snow Leopards

Post by davelumb »

It looks like you can get photograph any wildlife you want these days. I thought Snow Leopards were rare and hard to find, requiring weeks of looking and waiting. The guy in the video is a landscape photographer...

https://www.davidgibbon.org/post/thomas ... -goes-live
Mark_Houghton
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Snow Leopards

Post by Mark_Houghton »

davelumb wrote: Thu Feb 15 2024 12:19 -
It looks like you can get photograph any wildlife you want these days. I thought Snow Leopards were rare and hard to find, requiring weeks of looking and waiting. The guy in the video is a landscape photographer...

The local guides do all the work, the photographers just claim the credit.....probably some radio tracking involved too although its likely that wont be mentioned :wink: :coat:
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Mark_Houghton wrote: Thu Feb 15 2024 12:39 -

The local guides do all the work, the photographers just claim the credit.....probably some radio tracking involved too although its likely that wont be mentioned :wink: :coat:
Yep. There are guides radioing in reports and the photographers speed off in Landcruisers to the animals. Heaton's latest video chasing Pallas cats is a good one for a laugh. Vehicles driving across snowy wastes on road tyres and getting stuck!

There's a workshop or tour to photograph everything these days. Even sheep! https://amybatemanphotography.com/store ... phy-tours/ :laughs:
Mark_Houghton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark_Houghton »

davelumb wrote: Thu Feb 15 2024 13:05 -

Yep. There are guides radioing in reports and the photographers speed off in Landcruisers to the animals. Heaton's latest video chasing Pallas cats is a good one for a laugh. Vehicles driving across snowy wastes on road tyres and getting stuck!

There's a workshop or tour to photograph everything these days. Even sheep! https://amybatemanphotography.com/store ... phy-tours/ :laughs:
I can`t watch videos like that....end up shouting at the laptop screen :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

If someone can make money from gullible people photographing animals like sheep which are accessible to pretty much everyone fair play to them. You should start "Lumbys Lonk Tours" mate and cash in while you can :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Mark_Houghton wrote: Thu Feb 15 2024 13:12 -

I can`t watch videos like that....end up shouting at the laptop screen :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

If someone can make money from gullible people photographing animals like sheep which are accessible to pretty much everyone fair play to them. You should start "Lumbys Lonk Tours" mate and cash in while you can :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
I always skip through most photography videos for the same reason. :wink:

No way I'd start doing tours. :dizzy: That sort of thing is popular though.The 'street photography' ones must be money for jam.
Mark_Houghton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark_Houghton »

davelumb wrote: Thu Feb 15 2024 13:26 -

No way I'd start doing tours. :dizzy: That sort of thing is popular though.The 'street photography' ones must be money for jam.
To be fair, the street ones could benefit those uncomfortable going out on their own photographing people in public, or who dont have an eye for those type of photographs and need some help. Being totally antisocial (probably got agoraphobia tbh :laughs: ) its not a type of photography i`d want to pursue these days.
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Mark_Houghton wrote: Thu Feb 15 2024 14:06 -
davelumb wrote: Thu Feb 15 2024 13:26 -

To be fair, the street ones could benefit those uncomfortable going out on their own photographing people in public, or who dont have an eye for those type of photographs and need some help. Being totally antisocial (probably got agoraphobia tbh :laughs: ) its not a type of photography i`d want to pursue these days.
I've seen that on Talkphotography where people say they want to do street photography but feel intimidated by people. I'm not comfortable with horses(unpredictable kicking biting things :laughs: ) but I don't want to go on an equine photography course! :laughs:
Monts
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Monts »

Didn't Hugh Miles photo Snow Leopards before producing APFA and Catching The Impossible, no jokes about MB please :joker:
If you wanna go fishing go fishing.- John Gierach
Monts
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Monts »

Didn't Hugh Miles photo Snow Leopards before producing APFA and Catching The Impossible, no jokes about MB please :joker:
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Monts wrote: Thu Feb 15 2024 14:37 -
He did. https://hughmiles9.blogspot.com/2016/11 ... pards.html
Monts
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Monts »

davelumb wrote: Thu Feb 15 2024 14:41 -
Monts wrote: Thu Feb 15 2024 14:37 -
He did. https://hughmiles9.blogspot.com/2016/11 ... pards.html
:thumbs:

Christ 2016 that's gone quick, I thought I'd read some place before he had.
Mark_Houghton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark_Houghton »

davelumb wrote: Thu Feb 15 2024 14:32 -

I've seen that on Talkphotography where people say they want to do street photography but feel intimidated by people. I'm not comfortable with horses(unpredictable kicking biting things :laughs: ) but I don't want to go on an equine photography course! :laughs:
Cattle can be just as bad.....once had a tattered, bloodstained chap appear in my swim up in Scotland who had gone through (not over) a barbed wire fence to escape a herd of daft young cows , I had to calm him down with a brew :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Mark_Houghton wrote: Thu Feb 15 2024 16:02 -

Cattle can be just as bad.....once had a tattered, bloodstained chap appear in my swim up in Scotland who had gone through (not over) a barbed wire fence to escape a herd of daft young cows , I had to calm him down with a brew :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:
I'm not keen on cattle either. Clumsy beasts. I mentioned my distrust of cows to a dairy farmer who said that he'd never had any trouble with them. Apart from one breaking his ribs! :laughs:

Mind you, I've been headbutted on the knees and shins by a few sheep now. They aren't smart enough to know they can run round you and try to run through you. :roll:
Mark_Houghton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark_Houghton »

davelumb wrote: Thu Feb 15 2024 16:30 -

I'm not keen on cattle either. Clumsy beasts. I mentioned my distrust of cows to a dairy farmer who said that he'd never had any trouble with them. Apart from one breaking his ribs! :laughs:

Mind you, I've been headbutted on the knees and shins by a few sheep now. They aren't smart enough to know they can run round you and try to run through you. :roll:
Yeah sheep are pretty dim :laughs:

I had a fox run straight into my legs at a local nature reserve years ago.....it was being chased by a dominant male around mating time and was so intent on getting away it ran straight into me :afraid:
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Mark_Houghton wrote: Thu Feb 15 2024 16:53 -

I had a fox run straight into my legs at a local nature reserve years ago.....it was being chased by a dominant male around mating time and was so intent on getting away it ran straight into me :afraid:
:giggle:
whitey79
Perch
Perch

Post by whitey79 »

Never been bothered by cows until a couple of years back what I described as big brown cows where on our lake and they had young calf’s with them hiding in the long grass well you can all guess what happened when I got close to there calf’s they chased me the buggers shat myself 🤣🤣
I am the real Lee white last time I looked
Mark_Houghton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark_Houghton »

whitey79 wrote: Fri Feb 16 2024 07:57 -

Never been bothered by cows until a couple of years back what I described as big brown cows where on our lake and they had young calf’s with them hiding in the long grass well you can all guess what happened when I got close to there calf’s they chased me the buggers shat myself 🤣🤣
:laughs: :laughs: :laughs:
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Mark_Houghton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark_Houghton »

davelumb wrote: Fri Feb 16 2024 13:08 -