Natural anti-inflammatory for dogs

If you're a huntsman or have a pet that you're proud of post about it in here
Post Reply
User avatar
Ben
Father of the Forum
Father of the Forum
Posts: 3315
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Lancashire
Contact:

Natural anti-inflammatory for dogs

Post by Ben » Fri Apr 27 2018 16:19

Bert & Ernie love a bit of rough and tumble when they’re running about the park, a few weeks ago Bert clipped Ernie whilst they were at full pelt and Ernie went a**e over t*t.

The next day he had slight limp which I thought would just disappear, he’s had it for 3 weeks now so I decided to research home treatments.

I found a recipe which is not only a natural anti-inflammatory, it also helps prevent cancer.

You mix organic turmeric, organic black pepper, water and organic coconut oil, heat it up then put it in a jar then store in the fridge. Give 1/4 teaspoon of the tincture with each meal (I feed B&E twice a day).

Been using it for 3 days and Ernie’s limp has gone!

I am very pleased indeed, the ingredients cost about £30 from Amazon, this recipe makes a s**t load and the recommendation is to only keep it for 2 weeks so I am going to try halving the amounts next time.

I’ll post the recipe when I get home later
Wine for my men, we ride at dawn

Kev Berry
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 16813
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Robin Hood country

Re: Natural anti-inflammatory for dogs

Post by Kev Berry » Fri Apr 27 2018 19:34

Ben wrote:
Bert & Ernie love a bit of rough and tumble when they’re running about the park, a few weeks ago Bert clipped Ernie whilst they were at full pelt and Ernie went a**e over t*t.

The next day he had slight limp which I thought would just disappear, he’s had it for 3 weeks now so I decided to research home treatments.

I found a recipe which is not only a natural anti-inflammatory, it also helps prevent cancer.

You mix organic turmeric, organic black pepper, water and organic coconut oil, heat it up then put it in a jar then store in the fridge. Give 1/4 teaspoon of the tincture with each meal (I feed B&E twice a day).

Been using it for 3 days and Ernie’s limp has gone!

I am very pleased indeed, the ingredients cost about £30 from Amazon, this recipe makes a s**t load and the recommendation is to only keep it for 2 weeks so I am going to try halving the amounts next time.

I’ll post the recipe when I get home later
be about £20 cheaper at least if you just got the stuff from Tesco's---might be a bit less curcumin in the turmeric than organic---just give him a bit more.

if he was limping for 3 weeks there may be underlying problems Ben and the anti inflammatory stuff might be hiding it, dogs have a big pain threshold and are good at not showing pain.

cookiesdaughtersdad
Brigadier
Brigadier
Posts: 6711
Joined: Tue Nov 06 2012 06:00
Location: Cambs

Re: Natural anti-inflammatory for dogs

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad » Sat Apr 28 2018 08:21

Kev Berry wrote:
Ben wrote:
Bert & Ernie love a bit of rough and tumble when they’re running about the park, a few weeks ago Bert clipped Ernie whilst they were at full pelt and Ernie went a**e over t*t.

The next day he had slight limp which I thought would just disappear, he’s had it for 3 weeks now so I decided to research home treatments.

I found a recipe which is not only a natural anti-inflammatory, it also helps prevent cancer.

You mix organic turmeric, organic black pepper, water and organic coconut oil, heat it up then put it in a jar then store in the fridge. Give 1/4 teaspoon of the tincture with each meal (I feed B&E twice a day).

Been using it for 3 days and Ernie’s limp has gone!

I am very pleased indeed, the ingredients cost about £30 from Amazon, this recipe makes a s**t load and the recommendation is to only keep it for 2 weeks so I am going to try halving the amounts next time.

I’ll post the recipe when I get home later
be about £20 cheaper at least if you just got the stuff from Tesco's---might be a bit less curcumin in the turmeric than organic---just give him a bit more.

if he was limping for 3 weeks there may be underlying problems Ben and the anti inflammatory stuff might be hiding it, dogs have a big pain threshold and are good at not showing pain.
I tend to use the... erm...now what they called...erm ...ah yes, the vets!

May cost a few quid more than jungle medicine but its all part of being a responsible dog owner!
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.

Kev Berry
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 16813
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Robin Hood country

Re: Natural anti-inflammatory for dogs

Post by Kev Berry » Sat Apr 28 2018 08:39

cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
Kev Berry wrote:
Ben wrote:
Bert & Ernie love a bit of rough and tumble when they’re running about the park, a few weeks ago Bert clipped Ernie whilst they were at full pelt and Ernie went a**e over t*t.

The next day he had slight limp which I thought would just disappear, he’s had it for 3 weeks now so I decided to research home treatments.

I found a recipe which is not only a natural anti-inflammatory, it also helps prevent cancer.

You mix organic turmeric, organic black pepper, water and organic coconut oil, heat it up then put it in a jar then store in the fridge. Give 1/4 teaspoon of the tincture with each meal (I feed B&E twice a day).

Been using it for 3 days and Ernie’s limp has gone!

I am very pleased indeed, the ingredients cost about £30 from Amazon, this recipe makes a s**t load and the recommendation is to only keep it for 2 weeks so I am going to try halving the amounts next time.

I’ll post the recipe when I get home later
be about £20 cheaper at least if you just got the stuff from Tesco's---might be a bit less curcumin in the turmeric than organic---just give him a bit more.

if he was limping for 3 weeks there may be underlying problems Ben and the anti inflammatory stuff might be hiding it, dogs have a big pain threshold and are good at not showing pain.
I tend to use the... erm...now what they called...erm ...ah yes, the vets!

May cost a few quid more than jungle medicine but its all part of being a responsible dog owner!
if the jungle medicines work Alan I'm all for it---problem is dogs cant talk and they have a high pain threshold. No use running to the vets every time they bang themselves, but as in Bens case of his dog still limping 3 weeks later without improvement I would have gone to the vets. Just like I would have gone to the docs if I hadn't stopped limping after a couple of days after a tumble

cookiesdaughtersdad
Brigadier
Brigadier
Posts: 6711
Joined: Tue Nov 06 2012 06:00
Location: Cambs

Re: Natural anti-inflammatory for dogs

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad » Sun Apr 29 2018 10:55

Kev Berry wrote:
cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
Kev Berry wrote:
Ben wrote:
Bert & Ernie love a bit of rough and tumble when they’re running about the park, a few weeks ago Bert clipped Ernie whilst they were at full pelt and Ernie went a**e over t*t.

The next day he had slight limp which I thought would just disappear, he’s had it for 3 weeks now so I decided to research home treatments.

I found a recipe which is not only a natural anti-inflammatory, it also helps prevent cancer.

You mix organic turmeric, organic black pepper, water and organic coconut oil, heat it up then put it in a jar then store in the fridge. Give 1/4 teaspoon of the tincture with each meal (I feed B&E twice a day).

Been using it for 3 days and Ernie’s limp has gone!

I am very pleased indeed, the ingredients cost about £30 from Amazon, this recipe makes a s**t load and the recommendation is to only keep it for 2 weeks so I am going to try halving the amounts next time.

I’ll post the recipe when I get home later
be about £20 cheaper at least if you just got the stuff from Tesco's---might be a bit less curcumin in the turmeric than organic---just give him a bit more.

if he was limping for 3 weeks there may be underlying problems Ben and the anti inflammatory stuff might be hiding it, dogs have a big pain threshold and are good at not showing pain.
I tend to use the... erm...now what they called...erm ...ah yes, the vets!

May cost a few quid more than jungle medicine but its all part of being a responsible dog owner!
if the jungle medicines work Alan I'm all for it---problem is dogs cant talk and they have a high pain threshold. No use running to the vets every time they bang themselves, but as in Bens case of his dog still limping 3 weeks later without improvement I would have gone to the vets. Just like I would have gone to the docs if I hadn't stopped limping after a couple of days after a tumble
If a dog picks a limp up I would initially reduce the exercise to an appropriate level by keeping it on a lead, if after a week or so it hadn't improved or got worse it would be down the vets for sure.
Being a pet owner involves spending money and is why I insure my pets, you know it makes sense Rodders!

Cheers Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.

User avatar
tigger996
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Aug 14 2013 05:00
Location: Totton
Contact:

Re: Natural anti-inflammatory for dogs

Post by tigger996 » Sun Apr 29 2018 15:17

Golden Paste is the name generally used.

User avatar
Jason Skilton
Bailiff
Bailiff
Posts: 6133
Joined: Wed Sep 07 2011 05:00
Location: East Anglia

Re: Natural anti-inflammatory for dogs

Post by Jason Skilton » Mon Apr 30 2018 11:22

The jungle meds are good in some case....and in some case over the counter human meds are ok for dogs....
I'm a right blogger http://ananglersdanglinglog.blogspot.com

I'm 67% northern, own a collie (well 1/2 collie).....Doncaster here i come!!!!

PAC Anglian Region LO & Suffolk (08) RO
PAC14 Press Officer

Kev Berry
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 16813
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Robin Hood country

Re: Natural anti-inflammatory for dogs

Post by Kev Berry » Mon Apr 30 2018 12:25

Jason Skilton wrote:
The jungle meds are good in some case....and in some case over the counter human meds are ok for dogs....
theres a lot of over the counter meds will kill your dog---be careful

User avatar
Jason Skilton
Bailiff
Bailiff
Posts: 6133
Joined: Wed Sep 07 2011 05:00
Location: East Anglia

Re: Natural anti-inflammatory for dogs

Post by Jason Skilton » Mon Apr 30 2018 14:39

Thats why I said some Kev :-)
I'm a right blogger http://ananglersdanglinglog.blogspot.com

I'm 67% northern, own a collie (well 1/2 collie).....Doncaster here i come!!!!

PAC Anglian Region LO & Suffolk (08) RO
PAC14 Press Officer

cookiesdaughtersdad
Brigadier
Brigadier
Posts: 6711
Joined: Tue Nov 06 2012 06:00
Location: Cambs

Re: Natural anti-inflammatory for dogs

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad » Mon Apr 30 2018 18:24

Kev Berry wrote:
Jason Skilton wrote:
The jungle meds are good in some case....and in some case over the counter human meds are ok for dogs....
theres a lot of over the counter meds will kill your dog---be careful
Again its why you should go to the vets!
Trying to save a few quid on a life long friend??? don't make sense!

Cheers Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.

User avatar
Jason Skilton
Bailiff
Bailiff
Posts: 6133
Joined: Wed Sep 07 2011 05:00
Location: East Anglia

Re: Natural anti-inflammatory for dogs

Post by Jason Skilton » Fri May 04 2018 14:26

The vets told me the correct over counter meds to get, do you worry Al.
I'm a right blogger http://ananglersdanglinglog.blogspot.com

I'm 67% northern, own a collie (well 1/2 collie).....Doncaster here i come!!!!

PAC Anglian Region LO & Suffolk (08) RO
PAC14 Press Officer

royboy
Captain
Captain
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Sep 05 2011 05:00
Location: Ireland

Re: Natural anti-inflammatory for dogs

Post by royboy » Fri May 11 2018 19:18

My Lab/Pointer X (Royboy) was showing signs of a limp on his front shoulders for a month or 2 when he was 13/14 yrs .
Tried various solutions and concoctions , nothing worked until a dog breeder (Springers only) suggested the following .

Gloucosomine tablets that women take for osteoporosis .
I broke up a half a tab into his food each evening and within 4/5 days he was running around like a mad one!

Tablets available from Holland & Barrett or any health supplement shops.

Sadly I lost him when he was 16 , but he had a good innings and he was a rescue dog to boot!
Pat

Kev Berry
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 16813
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Robin Hood country

Re: Natural anti-inflammatory for dogs

Post by Kev Berry » Sat May 12 2018 12:21

royboy wrote:
My Lab/Pointer X (Royboy) was showing signs of a limp on his front shoulders for a month or 2 when he was 13/14 yrs .
Tried various solutions and concoctions , nothing worked until a dog breeder (Springers only) suggested the following .

Gloucosomine tablets that women take for osteoporosis .
I broke up a half a tab into his food each evening and within 4/5 days he was running around like a mad one!

Tablets available from Holland & Barrett or any health supplement shops.

Sadly I lost him when he was 16 , but he had a good innings and he was a rescue dog to boot!
Pat
Glucosamine works better with chondroitin. Glucosamine regulates the synthesis of collagen in cartilage and may provide some mild anti-inflammatory relief, chondroitin sulphate slows destructive enzymes in joint fluid and cartilage. Combined they will help to regenerate any cartilage damage.
The normal glucosamine sulphate dose is 20 mg/lb of body weight or one 500 mg tablet per 25 pounds of body weight. If dog has bad arthritis you may have to up it a bit. Don't use the cheap tablets, get the HCI ones not the 2KCL or NaCI
Best tablets have 500mg Glucosamine and 400mg chondroitin. In some dogs it may take a while to see improvement, a lot depends on their condition.

User avatar
morph
Captain
Captain
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Aug 06 2013 05:00
Location: Essex

Re: Natural anti-inflammatory for dogs

Post by morph » Wed May 16 2018 09:31

My youngish (7 years) dog kept getting a stiff rear leg after getting up from a sleep.

Vet recommended this:

https://www.viovet.co.uk/Yumove-Joint-S ... ogs/c2299/

Works out about 12p a tablet per day, not exactly gonna break the bank.

Can confirm it works as well.
Image

Kev Berry
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 16813
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Robin Hood country

Re: Natural anti-inflammatory for dogs

Post by Kev Berry » Wed May 16 2018 18:53

Morph read the ingredients--- same as Glucosamine and chondroitin tablets

User avatar
Ben
Father of the Forum
Father of the Forum
Posts: 3315
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Lancashire
Contact:

Re: Natural anti-inflammatory for dogs

Post by Ben » Sat Jul 21 2018 23:51

Just to clarify, Ernie’s limp wasn’t happening all the time, he’d limp for a few minutes at the start of a walk then it would go, didn’t stop him running at full speed.

They are both insured up to 12 grand and I’d have no hesitation taking them to the vets if necessary but I know (because my friend is a vet) that they’d have prescribed him Loxicon which is an artificial anti inflammatory

This golden paste is also reported to help prevent cancer so now it’s part of both their diets.
Wine for my men, we ride at dawn

User avatar
Ben
Father of the Forum
Father of the Forum
Posts: 3315
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Lancashire
Contact:

Re: Natural anti-inflammatory for dogs

Post by Ben » Sat Jul 21 2018 23:52

Oh and they also have Yu-move as well
Wine for my men, we ride at dawn

royboy
Captain
Captain
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Sep 05 2011 05:00
Location: Ireland

Re: Natural anti-inflammatory for dogs

Post by royboy » Sun Aug 19 2018 15:01

Another variation is "Glucos Plus " , a syrup given to horses to help with joint problems .

I found a teaspoon of it in the dogs food each day works as well .

Pat

Post Reply