Ratting

If you're a huntsman or have a pet that you're proud of post about it in here
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Ratting

Post by Alan_dalton »

What a night! Over 140 rats between two of us with air rifles over a three hour period. Only just scratched he surface. Better than sitting at home watching crap on TV. Some big b******s amongst them.
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Ratting

Post by Happy Hayes »

140 :afraid:
Was that on a farm Alan
Regards
Tom
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Oh joy of joys :hug:

If there is one animal I will happily kill anytime, anywhere, any method, its a bl00dy rat?

140, v nice.

Now provide a full breakdown of your technique, weapons, sights, ammo, etc.

Thank you for posting :handshake:
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Danoutdoors
Chub
Chub

Post by Danoutdoors »

Yea great fun, I went on a tip with my mate once, I had 9 but the previous time my mate went they had over 100, they ended up putting laser dot sights on their rifles so they could get through them quicker, place was thick with them, remember the old style tips with the concrete bowl? Just stood waiting for a rummage in the rubbish then pop them off, great fun 👍
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Alan_dalton »

Happy Hayes wrote: Thu Jul 18 2019 07:54 -
140 :afraid:
Was that on a farm Alan
Regards
Tom
No we're on top of the rats on a farm we shoot at so went back to a recycling centre. Could have got twice that but never brought the dive bottle to refill as we have never needed to before!
Cyprio
Chub
Chub

Post by Cyprio »

:worthy:
Great evening entertainment Alan.
That's a rewarding permission you have there.
Sounds like your going to have a few more like it :wink: :thumbs:
Andy Carpenter
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Alan_dalton »

Mike J wrote: Thu Jul 18 2019 08:37 -

If there is one animal I will happily kill anytime, anywhere, any method, its a bl00dy rat?

140, v nice.

I'm not technical but its and air arms s510 super carbine with a night vision uk, infra red attachment on scope. Dont know what the scope is but it's good! 2.2 accupels or sometimes bisley pest control pellets. But the accupels take some beating for accuracy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Alan_dalton on Thu Jul 18 2019 20:11, edited 4 times in total.
Brian Springthorpe
Charity Fundraiser
Charity Fundraiser

Post by Brian Springthorpe »

Glad that guns getting plenty of practice Alan, great trip by the sound of it
Brian Springthorpe
Charity Fundraiser
Charity Fundraiser

Post by Brian Springthorpe »

Ps, if it’s the scope I sold you it’s Hawke 3-9x50
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Alan_dalton »

Brian Springthorpe wrote: Thu Jul 18 2019 09:44 -
Ps, if it’s the scope I sold you it’s Hawke 3-9x50
That's the one Brian :thumbs: , great scope. Rifles not looking ad nice as when I brought it getting a few scruffs and scrapes, but it's getting well used. Totally fantastic and accurate rifle!
wid
Roach
Roach

Post by wid »

Excellent result, this is something I do a lot of on local farms but I use my girlfriends 3 little terriers, feckin hate rats
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Alan_dalton »

wid wrote: Fri Jul 19 2019 19:27 -
Excellent result, this is something I do a lot of on local farms but I use my girlfriends 3 little terriers, feckin hate rats
Love watching the ratting videos on YouTube looks great fun!
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Ratting with a good team of ratting dogs is brilliant, best fun you will ever have.

(its really the same as fox hunting only on a smaller scale--ssshh don't tell the anti's how much fun it is :wink: )
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

Alan_dalton wrote: Thu Jul 18 2019 09:08 -
Mike J wrote: Thu Jul 18 2019 08:37 -

140, v nice.

I'm not technical but its and air arms s510 super carbine with a night vision uk, infra red attachment on scope. Dont know what the scope is but it's good! 2.2 accupels or sometimes bisley pest control pellets. But the accupels take some beating for accuracy!
I made my own night viz, good up to about 50 yds, well within rabbiting range but not great for spotting. Haven't been out for a year or two.
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Kev Berry wrote: Sat Jul 20 2019 09:37 -
Ratting with a good team of ratting dogs is brilliant, best fun you will ever have.

(its really the same as fox hunting only on a smaller scale--ssshh don't tell the anti's how much fun it is :wink: )

My first time with terriers was a badger dig, I was about 10 at the time, later I went along with the terrier man and learnt what it was all about, handled my first adult fox at 16 and tailed my first badger the next year.
Ive had some great dogs, bought my first bitch and bred my own thereafter, one of my dogs was quite famous and earnt me some good money at stud.
Ratting is probably the cream of doggy sport, but how I miss the sound of the horn.
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus