New Puppy Be Careful

If you're a huntsman or have a pet that you're proud of post about it in here
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

New Puppy Be Careful

Post by Crackoff » Tue May 04 2021 12:30

This is an X-ray of a 2 week old puppy.
Look at how far the bones have to grow before they become a proper bony joint! This is why you should never let puppies jump, walk up/down stairs, over exercise or over train. Doing to much impact activity at a young age will cause serious issues later in life, or even at a young age as hip dysplasia and other orthopaedic conditions are rising in puppies!
Remember the puppy rule for every month increase activity by 5 minuets! For example an 8 week old puppy only needs 10 minuets physical activity a day - a 6 month old only needs 30 minuets a day of physical activity!!
*physical activity includes - going for a walk, training, playing fetch, running, playing with other dogs etc.

Enjoy your new puppy but remember you wouldn't make a 6 month old baby run a mile a day so don't make your puppy either!
FA4C9F60-6BC5-4DFA-A8EB-8985FA1B50A1.jpeg
Grant :smile:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grant Everson

I upset some guys because I tell it as it is :wink:

I know a lot about a bit of stuff and a bit about a lot of stuff :smile:

I do everything in a flurry :laughs:

Some guys have crap coming out of every orifice :wink:

SmellySmelt
Roach
Roach

Re: New Puppy Be Careful

Post by SmellySmelt » Tue May 04 2021 18:37

That’s it bud and the bigger they are the longer. How many times do you see people letting the pups jump on and off their sofas. It is a recipe for disaster.

Kev Berry
Pike
Pike

Post by Kev Berry » Wed May 05 2021 22:11

upto 6 months pups only need self exercise on the garden----they charge about till knackered and drop to sleep anywhere when they feel like it
fat puppies can mean damaged joints---lean and mean till 6 months or longer for giant breeds
long walks for puppies is bad
stairs/steps are bad
damage done as pups may not show till later life

rapsy
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by rapsy » Fri May 07 2021 09:48

All very good advice. Loads of owners don't realize what damage you can do to a dog if you over exercise them when they are pups.
Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room.