Rottweiler bitch.... free to good home (HOME FOUND)

If you're a huntsman or have a pet that you're proud of post about it in here
Tiercel
Chub
Chub

Rottweiler bitch.... free to good home (HOME FOUND)

Post by Tiercel »

My son finds himself in a position whereby he urgently needs to re-home his 2 year old Rottie bitch.
She has been brought up in a family environment alongside a Staffie and has never shown any aggression towards his children, but unfortunately has picked a fight with his Staffie (over a ball of all things) so reluctantly he feels he has to separate them as there are children involved.

If anyone in the Peterborough area feels they could offer a Rottweiler bitch a good home for the rest of her life, please contact me for more information.
Last edited by Tiercel on Sun Sep 25 2016 21:09, edited 1 time in total.
Dale
Kev Berry

Re: Rottweiler bitch.... free to good home

Post by Kev Berry »

Tiercel wrote:
My son finds himself in a position whereby he urgently needs to re-home his 2 year old Rottie bitch.
She has been brought up in a family environment alongside a Staffie and has never shown any aggression towards his children, but unfortunately has picked a fight with his Staffie (over a ball of all things) so reluctantly he feels he has to separate them as there are children involved.

If anyone in the Peterborough area feels they could offer a Rottweiler bitch a good home for the rest of her life, please contact me for more information.
was it a serious fight? all dogs can fall out with each other at times, my neo's often had a scrap (chuffin well hard separating them---but they never bit me while I was trying ) but next day they were pals again. Both these dogs are really good with kids and its very very unusual for them to bite their "own" kids if they have been brought up right (ie not made into slavering monsters like the chavs do)
My rotts used to scrap as well---but loved and guarded my daughter and never hurt a hair on her.
Scraps over food and toys is usually a dominance thing---- 2 years old and she was probably informing the staff she was the new queen of the house. Its what dogs do. What they like with each other now?
Tiercel
Chub
Chub

Post by Tiercel »

Kev Berry wrote:

was it a serious fight? all dogs can fall out with each other at times, my neo's often had a scrap (chuffin well hard separating them---but they never bit me while I was trying ) but next day they were pals again. Both these dogs are really good with kids and its very very unusual for them to bite their "own" kids if they have been brought up right (ie not made into slavering monsters like the chavs do)
My rotts used to scrap as well---but loved and guarded my daughter and never hurt a hair on her.
Scraps over food and toys is usually a dominance thing---- 2 years old and she was probably informing the staff she was the new queen of the house. Its what dogs do. What they like with each other now?
Ayup Kev, was kinda hoping you'd reply.
Didn't witness it myself, but from what I've been told it was serious as neither dog would back down and although the rottie started it, the staffie has been there longest so wasn't keen to drop rank.
I do know the rottie got bitten on a leg and has been to see a vet today although I don't know the details.
My son got the single finger from everyone he contacted although a Rottweiler rescue did show interest and may have someone interested. I've also got someone lined up who already has a dog Rottweiler, but need to know more about this person just incase they're just looking for a bitch to breed from and sell the pups to anyone with cash. I'll check him out :thumbs:
Dale
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Tiercel wrote:
Kev Berry wrote:

Ayup Kev, was kinda hoping you'd reply.
Didn't witness it myself, but from what I've been told it was serious as neither dog would back down and although the rottie started it, the staffie has been there longest so wasn't keen to drop rank.
I do know the rottie got bitten on a leg and has been to see a vet today although I don't know the details.
My son got the single finger from everyone he contacted although a Rottweiler rescue did show interest and may have someone interested. I've also got someone lined up who already has a dog Rottweiler, but need to know more about this person just incase they're just looking for a bitch to breed from and sell the pups to anyone with cash. I'll check him out :thumbs:
I thought that would be the case, 2 years is around the time rotties start getting ideas above their station and staffies are not good at backing down from a scrap.
Dog fights usually look more serious than they are, lots of noise and slobber and a bit of blood from bleeding mouths, puncture wounds sometimes want a broad spectrum anti biotic if severe swelling appears and that's about it.
It is usually only between 2 dogs but in a 3 or more dog household several may attack one after the instigator starts. People usually only get bitten if they put their hands in the way.
If I were your son I would give the rottie a 2nd chance and impress upon them both a bit more firmly that he and the family are no 1 when the dogs are in the house and that sort of behaviour is not allowed, in plain speak this means give BOTH of them a thrashing if one curls a lip at the other ---offender first otherwise the offender may join in the thrashing of the other. By thrashing I mean a lot of angry shouting, chasing about and a few clouts with a noisy newspaper. Soon sorts household behaviour out, its also VERY important that both dogs are treated the same, same time for eating, both get same love and affection and same treats. Definitley no bones as these are the cause of more fights than anything, the next being shared toys and dog treats (chewstix etc)
Some of my dogs were sods for fighting, but never ever indoors and always best friends afterwards but a few weeks or months later the usurper would fancy his chances again or the matriarch would feel a need to remind someone they were getting a bit uppity--that's what dogs do, and it can be as little as a growl and a snap at thin air or a full blown fight.

Once had 3 female neos fighting in one of the paddocks, I was on my own so no help separating them, average weight of them was 13 stone. Buckets of water over them did nothing , thrashing them with said bucket till it broke didn't even raise an eyebrow, so I joined in :fight: .
They just ignored me no matter what I did. An hour later utterly exhausted, covered in (their) blood and snot I gave up and went into the farmhouse. A hour or so later the wife was back and me still lying on settee covered in gore. I explained what had happened and that I had left them to sort it out---she just laughed and said go outside and have a look.
All 3 were in a dog pile fast asleep snoring their heads off in one of the dog runs like nothing had happened--- when I shouted them they all came running looking very sheepish wondering what all the fuss was about and licking each others wounds.
Daniel
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Daniel »

Rescues are packed to the rafters, they always are, and they will always be wary about taking in a dog because it fights as it rules out most potential homes as unsuitable.
The only way to be sure someone doesn't just want her to breed from is to have her speyed before rehoming.
Giving her away for free is bad news for her. Dog fighting c***s are always looking for free dogs for the fighers to practice on. It won't be a fair fight either. The dogs mouth will be taped up while a pitbull tears the dog apart. When its almost dead they'll spilt them up and chuck the dog to one side. If it recovers, with no vet care, the process continues until it dies.
You cannot pick out these scum. They often appear very nice people or send there other half around to get the dog.

Vile but sadly, all completely true.

Personally I think the fighting is just a dominance thing and its usually really easy to fix.
Kevs got it pretty much bang on.
Don't leave toys laying about as they are clearly the issue and my money says they'll be fine.

With my two its food. They love each other to bits. Will play and happily curl up together but they will fight over a biscuit everytime so they are fed in different rooms. Never had an issue since.
Tiercel
Chub
Chub

Post by Tiercel »

Kev Berry wrote:
I thought that would be the case, 2 years is around the time rotties start getting ideas above their station and staffies are not good at backing down from a scrap.
Dog fights usually look more serious than they are, lots of noise and slobber and a bit of blood from bleeding mouths, puncture wounds sometimes want a broad spectrum anti biotic if severe swelling appears and that's about it.
It is usually only between 2 dogs but in a 3 or more dog household several may attack one after the instigator starts. People usually only get bitten if they put their hands in the way.
If I were your son I would give the rottie a 2nd chance and impress upon them both a bit more firmly that he and the family are no 1 when the dogs are in the house and that sort of behaviour is not allowed, in plain speak this means give BOTH of them a thrashing if one curls a lip at the other ---offender first otherwise the offender may join in the thrashing of the other. By thrashing I mean a lot of angry shouting, chasing about and a few clouts with a noisy newspaper. Soon sorts household behaviour out, its also VERY important that both dogs are treated the same, same time for eating, both get same love and affection and same treats. Definitley no bones as these are the cause of more fights than anything, the next being shared toys and dog treats (chewstix etc)
Some of my dogs were sods for fighting, but never ever indoors and always best friends afterwards but a few weeks or months later the usurper would fancy his chances again or the matriarch would feel a need to remind someone they were getting a bit uppity--that's what dogs do, and it can be as little as a growl and a snap at thin air or a full blown fight.

Once had 3 female neos fighting in one of the paddocks, I was on my own so no help separating them, average weight of them was 13 stone. Buckets of water over them did nothing , thrashing them with said bucket till it broke didn't even raise an eyebrow, so I joined in :fight: .
They just ignored me no matter what I did. An hour later utterly exhausted, covered in (their) blood and snot I gave up and went into the farmhouse. A hour or so later the wife was back and me still lying on settee covered in gore. I explained what had happened and that I had left them to sort it out---she just laughed and said go outside and have a look.
All 3 were in a dog pile fast asleep snoring their heads off in one of the dog runs like nothing had happened--- when I shouted them they all came running looking very sheepish wondering what all the fuss was about and licking each others wounds.
Hi Kev, and thanks for the reply which I found interesting reading, especially regarding your own dogs and the scrapes you got into.
I'm not entirely clueless when dogs are concerned as I was brought up with them and have had many myself over the years, everything from dachshunds, gsd's, mongrels, rotties, and my latest beast a very intelligent gsp so I know all about behaviour and treating them as dogs and not humans and they have all known their place in the pack.
My son though, on the other hand, decided against my advice to add his bitch rottie to his pack of a staffie and a pug, thinking that because he was brought up along side my own rottie bitch he could handle it even though I told him to be careful when the rottie reached 18 months of age and that I felt he wouldn't be able to keep the upper hand but that sadly is exactly what's happened.
I did however make a mistake regarding his bitch staffie's age, she isn't older than the rottie, she's infact younger which surprised me I can tell ya.
Unfortunately, these two bitches now try to attack each other on sight, so they are being separated unless on a leash. I found out that both dogs received bites which are being treated by a vet and the good news as far as I'm concerned is that my son had the rottie speyed when old enough to so she won't be used as a breeding dog by a new owner once one is found and severely checked out. If the rottie rescue come up with a possible owner then all well and good as I'm sure they'll check extensively.
Last edited by Tiercel on Tue Sep 20 2016 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
Dale
Tiercel
Chub
Chub

Post by Tiercel »

Daniel wrote:
Rescues are packed to the rafters, they always are, and they will always be wary about taking in a dog because it fights as it rules out most potential homes as unsuitable.
The only way to be sure someone doesn't just want her to breed from is to have her speyed before rehoming.
Giving her away for free is bad news for her. Dog fighting c***s are always looking for free dogs for the fighers to practice on. It won't be a fair fight either. The dogs mouth will be taped up while a pitbull tears the dog apart. When its almost dead they'll spilt them up and chuck the dog to one side. If it recovers, with no vet care, the process continues until it dies.
You cannot pick out these scum. They often appear very nice people or send there other half around to get the dog.

Vile but sadly, all completely true.

Personally I think the fighting is just a dominance thing and its usually really easy to fix.
Kevs got it pretty much bang on.
Don't leave toys laying about as they are clearly the issue and my money says they'll be fine.

With my two its food. They love each other to bits. Will play and happily curl up together but they will fight over a biscuit everytime so they are fed in different rooms. Never had an issue since.
Hopefully, Dan, these vile dog fighting b******s won't get a look in as I will be approaching people looking for a dog myself, they won't be coming to us, and as I've stated a rottie rescue has offered their services and may have someone who has sadly lost their beloved rottie lined up should they make the grade.
Sadly, because my son has a daughter who has special needs, he has decided the best thing to do is to re-home his rottie so there's nowt I can do to change his mind, so no matter what I think I have to respect his decision.
Dale
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Hope it all turns out well for all concerned Dale. Glad to hear you may have a good home for her. :thumbs:
billybaltic
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by billybaltic »

Sorry to hear about your troubles but a staff bitch will not back down, like you said she's ready to go on sight, one of them has to leave, not nice when you want them to just get on with each other, i have been around bull terrier's most of my life and like kev said about rottie's, they get to about 18 to 24 month's and they change, they get game, some can be ok but depending on their breeding, it's just in them, didn't know rotties were similar as i thought they would gaurd more, once they come of age, good luck with the dog and hope a loving owner end's up with her. :thumbs:
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

billybaltic wrote:
Sorry to hear about your troubles but a staff bitch will not back down, like you said she's ready to go on sight, one of them has to leave, not nice when you want them to just get on with each other, i have been around bull terrier's most of my life and like kev said about rottie's, they get to about 18 to 24 month's and they change, they get game, some can be ok but depending on their breeding, it's just in them, didn't know rotties were similar as i thought they would gaurd more, once they come of age, good luck with the dog and hope a loving owner end's up with her. :thumbs:
Rottis and other guard breeds don't become game they just become aware of what they are. That's when they start throwing their weight about and sadly this is the time less experienced owners throw the towel in as they are scared of the dog...the dog knows it and then in his head he is number 1. You have to be firm from day one with them because that cute puppy can easily become a uncontrollable bully.
Tiercel
Chub
Chub

Post by Tiercel »

Kev Berry wrote:
billybaltic wrote:
Rottis and other guard breeds don't become game they just become aware of what they are. That's when they start throwing their weight about and sadly this is the time less experienced owners throw the towel in as they are scared of the dog...the dog knows it and then in his head he is number 1. You have to be firm from day one with them because that cute puppy can easily become a uncontrollable bully.
I still miss my Rottie even though I had to have her put to sleep half way through her life several years ago. I'd like to think I had her for all the right reasons, never walked the streets with a 'look at what I've got' attitude and trained her well so she fit in with a family environment without any issues. Strangely enough, I actually looked forward to the day I knew she would get ideas above her station and I was confident that at the first sign of trouble brewing I would remind her of her place in the pack. if I remember right, the first sign came when she was about 18 months old and all it was, was that she disobeyed a command and ignored me. She never challenged me again and became a dog to be proud of especially when she knew it was time to go into guarding mode. She was built like a brick s**t house and it would take a very brave (or stupid) man to take her on. Sadly she became diabetic costing me a fortune in insulin per month, and the vet bill had three noughts in it, but it wasn't enough and she eventually lost her sight :cry:
Dale
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Tiercel wrote:
Kev Berry wrote:
billybaltic wrote:
I still miss my Rottie even though I had to have her put to sleep half way through her life several years ago. I'd like to think I had her for all the right reasons, never walked the streets with a 'look at what I've got' attitude and trained her well so she fit in with a family environment without any issues. Strangely enough, I actually looked forward to the day I knew she would get ideas above her station and I was confident that at the first sign of trouble brewing I would remind her of her place in the pack. if I remember right, the first sign came when she was about 18 months old and all it was, was that she disobeyed a command and ignored me. She never challenged me again and became a dog to be proud of especially when she knew it was time to go into guarding mode. She was built like a brick s**t house and it would take a very brave (or stupid) man to take her on. Sadly she became diabetic costing me a fortune in insulin per month, and the vet bill had three noughts in it, but it wasn't enough and she eventually lost her sight :cry:
That's typical of rotties Dale. Selective deafness. But even they grow out of it they are fantastic family dogs. Sadly the idiots ruined a good breed and we have that film the Omen to blame for their devil dog reputation.
Tiercel
Chub
Chub

Post by Tiercel »

Kev Berry wrote:
That's typical of rotties Dale. Selective deafness. But even they grow out of it they are fantastic family dogs. Sadly the idiots ruined a good breed and we have that film the Omen to blame for their devil dog reputation.
I don't talk about it much now, but I've actually got a claim to fame Kev. You will either think I'm an idiot, or laugh about it, but about 16 years ago all the national newspapers and news channels run a story about my dogs and we even appeared live on The Big Breakfast Show with Johnny Vaughan and Kelly Brook.
What happened was our miniature dachshund somehow managed to get my rottie pregnant (her pregnancy never showed) which resulted in a single pup which the media labeled a Tottweiler. It was a rottie in miniature, and I kept her until she passed away sadly due to internal bleeding a few years back when she was about 10 years old.
Call me a sentimental old fool if ya like, but I had both dogs ashes returned and I keep them on a shelf together in our living room so they're never too far away from me. Occasionally I glance over to the wood boxes and remember the good times we had, helps if I'm feeling a tad down as it brings back happy memories.
Dale
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Tiercel wrote:
Kev Berry wrote:
I don't talk about it much now, but I've actually got a claim to fame Kev. You will either think I'm an idiot, or laugh about it, but about 16 years ago all the national newspapers and news channels run a story about my dogs and we even appeared live on The Big Breakfast Show with Johnny Vaughan and Kelly Brook.
What happened was our miniature dachshund somehow managed to get my rottie pregnant (her pregnancy never showed) which resulted in a single pup which the media labeled a Tottweiler. It was a rottie in miniature, and I kept her until she passed away sadly due to internal bleeding a few years back when she was about 10 years old.
Call me a sentimental old fool if ya like, but I had both dogs ashes returned and I keep them on a shelf together in our living room so they're never too far away from me. Occasionally I glance over to the wood boxes and remember the good times we had, helps if I'm feeling a tad down as it brings back happy memories.
the little devil :laughs: where theres a will, got any pictures Dale?

once had a red long haired Chihuahua get one of my scottie bitch's in the family way. Little swine must have climbed up the sides of the run (2" weld mesh) and done the deed. First we knew was when I found 9 pups in a corner of the kennel.
billybaltic
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by billybaltic »

It's been said many times, it's not the dog's fault but the owner who never trained the dog properly, these dog's walking around the street's with the hoody gangs haven't got a clue, if one of them dog's turned ugly and sometimes do, the little gang would be climbing tree's to get away, certain dog's need to know who is the boss (pack leader) and it makes training a lot easier, that tottweiler sound's a great little dog.
Duncan Holmes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Duncan Holmes »

Tiercel wrote:
Kev Berry wrote:
+1, I have 1/2 of my Neo's ashes at home on the mantelpiece, the other half scattered in his (our) favourite woodland.

I lost Neo two years ago, at 8yo, he lived with LGL for 4 years, if ever there was a perfect example of the bread he was one of them. Brave, loyal, friendly and full of life, everybody who met him fell in love with him. I also have a photo montage of him through the ages from the day I brought him home, until just a week before he passed, and just like you say, when I am feeling a bit s**t, a glance up at his face makes me smile :smile:

I typed out a pm to express and interest when you first posted this, but as I was writing it I knew that it probably wasn't the right time for me. I currently have a female rottie that I rescued 4 years ago, and although she is 10 times the dog she was when I brought her home, I didn't want to risk introducing another dog.

Hope you find her a great 2nd home.
"The opinions expressed in any of my posts are my own and do not reflect the view of the any organisation that I may be associated with."
Cyprio
Chub
Chub

Post by Cyprio »

This has brought on a tear or two reading this.. :cry:
We lost our Rottie Ellie in July, she also lost blood internally Through a tumour on her spleen and liver. She had just turned 10 years old bless her and she was the most caring do anything for you rottie we have had,
And she loved people

We now only have Max, a 65kilo 8year old, typical chancer always wanting to push the boundaries, if he don't know you he will bark loudly if you show any kind of fear then he becomes your best friend (he likes the power of intimidation :pale: ) but women well his a tart loves them all :roll: he knows his place but always tests the water in away only a Rottie can :smile:

Like you guys, we have a large collection of wooden boxes, they may be gone but netherforgotten :sad:

Hope all gets sorted for you Dale, coincidentally I saw a daschound a couple of weeks ago and I said to my wife I wondered what happend to the pup as we kept Rottie's back then and everybody who saw the tv or read the paper always said have you seen the Tottweiler on tv. Small world we live in..

Andy
Andy Carpenter
Tiercel
Chub
Chub

Post by Tiercel »

Kev Berry wrote:

once had a red long haired Chihuahua get one of my scottie bitch's in the family way. Little swine must have climbed up the sides of the run (2" weld mesh) and done the deed. First we knew was when I found 9 pups in a corner of the kennel.
Will sort some photos out when I work out how to transfer them to my mac Kev.
Found this on google from a newspaper....
Cassey, Rusty and Tinky.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dale
Tiercel
Chub
Chub

Post by Tiercel »

Duncan Holmes wrote:

+1, I have 1/2 of my Neo's ashes at home on the mantelpiece, the other half scattered in his (our) favourite woodland.

I lost Neo two years ago, at 8yo, he lived with LGL for 4 years, if ever there was a perfect example of the bread he was one of them. Brave, loyal, friendly and full of life, everybody who met him fell in love with him. I also have a photo montage of him through the ages from the day I brought him home, until just a week before he passed, and just like you say, when I am feeling a bit s**t, a glance up at his face makes me smile :smile:

I typed out a pm to express and interest when you first posted this, but as I was writing it I knew that it probably wasn't the right time for me. I currently have a female rottie that I rescued 4 years ago, and although she is 10 times the dog she was when I brought her home, I didn't want to risk introducing another dog.

Hope you find her a great 2nd home.
I envy you Duncan, I wish I had a montage like you have although I do have random photos and cuttings from several newspapers and a video recording of The Big Breakfast Show when we appeared on it live. Need to somehow get it transferred to cd.
I haven't heard anything from my son recently so I'm not sure what's happening with his rottie, but it's nice to know you showed an interest and are putting your own dogs interests first :thumbs:
Dale
Tiercel
Chub
Chub

Post by Tiercel »

Cyprio wrote:
This has brought on a tear or two reading this.. :cry:
We lost our Rottie Ellie in July, she also lost blood internally Through a tumour on her spleen and liver. She had just turned 10 years old bless her and she was the most caring do anything for you rottie we have had,
And she loved people

We now only have Max, a 65kilo 8year old, typical chancer always wanting to push the boundaries, if he don't know you he will bark loudly if you show any kind of fear then he becomes your best friend (he likes the power of intimidation :pale: ) but women well his a tart loves them all :roll: he knows his place but always tests the water in away only a Rottie can :smile:

Like you guys, we have a large collection of wooden boxes, they may be gone but netherforgotten :sad:

Hope all gets sorted for you Dale, coincidentally I saw a daschound a couple of weeks ago and I said to my wife I wondered what happend to the pup as we kept Rottie's back then and everybody who saw the tv or read the paper always said have you seen the Tottweiler on tv. Small world we live in..

Andy
Although it was 16 years ago it's amazing how many people from all walks of life remember them from the papers and tv, was an unusual story for sure and it all started when one of my neighbours told our local paper and it snowballed from there. Even Richard and Judy wanted us on their show but I declined as I'd had my fill of it by then :laughs:
Dale
Rik W
Chub
Chub

Post by Rik W »

Tiercel wrote:
Kev Berry wrote:

Will sort some photos out when I work out how to transfer them to my mac Kev.
Found this on google from a newspaper....
Cassey, Rusty and Tinky.jpg
I love that story mate :laughs: :grin: