Little dog ,big heart even bigger balls lol :laughs:
cookiesdaughtersdad
Zander
Zander

Re: Small dog syndrome

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad »

Is that a penny arcade I can see?

Cheers ALan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

Two penny by looks of it
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Family fun from 2p to Β£1. :wink:

The 'old penny' slot machines are at the end of the pier. :thumbs:

Barryfisher
Perch
Perch

Post by Barryfisher »

I still love that catchy cheerful Roy Orbison song "Penny Arcade". Cheers me up every time I hear it! :thumbs:

Proper ear worm that, I can't get it out of my head for ages after I hear it :laughs:
An expert is but a beginner with experience.
"Sometimes in life there is a great skill in knowing when to shut up" - Alan.
phil.c
Zander
Zander

Post by phil.c »

davelumb wrote: ↑Mon May 01 2017 21:31 -
Got to love little terriers. :grin:

They don't know they are little. :thumbs:
My opinion may offend, but it's only an opinion that may differ to your's.
It doesn't make me wrong.

Phil Cheriton....
Carlperkins
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Carlperkins »

We have one like that
That Perkins !!! πŸ˜‚
Duncan Holmes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Duncan Holmes »

It might be quite cute or even funny but little dogs with a set of balls far to big for them are a pain in the a**e when you have a big dog(s)

Not very funny when you have best part of 90kg of muscle on two leads and some little s**t of a dog thinks its a good idea to have a pop at two otherwise placid dogs minding their own business.

Normally found with a lead attached to some old dear, who then accuses you of having two dangerous dogs when the react in some minor way to their little out of control terror.

I came very close to thumping one bloke, who thought was ok to let his jack Russell literally hang off the jowls of one of my rotties, luckily for the Russell he choose the bulletproof dog and he never reacted. If it had been my other dog, he would have been picking bits of the Russell out of the bushes, and no doubt I would have been the bad owner, even though mine were walking on slack leads and had ignored the little s**t in the first place.

All dogs small or big should be under control, and that includes being aggressive while on the lead.
"The opinions expressed in any of my posts are my own and do not reflect the view of the any organisation that I may be associated with."
cookiesdaughtersdad
Zander
Zander

Duncan Holmes wrote: ↑Wed May 10 2017 07:26 -
It might be quite cute or even funny but little dogs with a set of balls far to big for them are a pain in the a**e when you have a big dog(s)

Not very funny when you have best part of 90kg of muscle on two leads and some little s**t of a dog thinks its a good idea to have a pop at two otherwise placid dogs minding their own business.

Normally found with a lead attached to some old dear, who then accuses you of having two dangerous dogs when the react in some minor way to their little out of control terror.

I came very close to thumping one bloke, who thought was ok to let his jack Russell literally hang off the jowls of one of my rotties, luckily for the Russell he choose the bulletproof dog and he never reacted. If it had been my other dog, he would have been picking bits of the Russell out of the bushes, and no doubt I would have been the bad owner, even though mine were walking on slack leads and had ignored the little s**t in the first place.

All dogs small or big should be under control, and that includes being aggressive while on the lead.
"I came very close to thumping one bloke"

I thought you were a lover, not a fighter Duncan :hug:

Saw a dog fight just yesterday, women with an Alsatian taking a wide tight leaded detour around a chap with a russell, russell went for the Alsatian, Alsatian was only two happy to oblige, two bad owners with two bad dogs :roll: and why I will probably never have another dog!

Cheers Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

cookiesdaughtersdad wrote: ↑Wed May 10 2017 07:38 -

Saw a dog fight just yesterday, women with an Alsatian taking a wide tight leaded detour around a chap with a russell, russell went for the Alsatian, Alsatian was only two happy to oblige, two bad owners with two dogs :roll: and why I will probably never have another dog!

Cheers Alan
just corrected that for you Alan, no such thing as a bad dog---its all the owners fault :wink: .
When I used to show my neo's I often used to take upto 3 with me---never once had an incident, in fact dog attack incidents are extremely rare at dog shows, wonder why that is? All the ingredients are there for an incident, loads of strangers and strange dogs, lots of noise , excitement, people touching them----but no dogs are biting or attacking people or each other, including all the "devil dogs" and "man killers".
good job mine behaved cos if over 500lb of dog were to take off after another dog my little legs would have been flapping in the air :laughs:

why do little dogs go off on one so much---cos they think they are no1, and that's the owners fault.
cookiesdaughtersdad
Zander
Zander

Kev Berry wrote: ↑Wed May 10 2017 23:09 -

Saw a dog fight just yesterday, women with an Alsatian taking a wide tight leaded detour around a chap with a russell, russell went for the Alsatian, Alsatian was only two happy to oblige, two bad owners with two dogs :roll: and why I will probably never have another dog!

Cheers Alan
just corrected that for you Alan, no such thing as a bad dog---its all the owners fault :wink: .
When I used to show my neo's I often used to take upto 3 with me---never once had an incident, in fact dog attack incidents are extremely rare at dog shows, wonder why that is? All the ingredients are there for an incident, loads of strangers and strange dogs, lots of noise , excitement, people touching them----but no dogs are biting or attacking people or each other, including all the "devil dogs" and "man killers".
good job mine behaved cos if over 500lb of dog were to take off after another dog my little legs would have been flapping in the air :laughs:

why do little dogs go off on one so much---cos they think they are no1, and that's the owners fault.
I agree its the owners fault Kev but the resulting behavior from certain breeds/types in particular, does make them "bad dogs", I know it a play on words but that is how I feel about the problems arising from some people who have dogs.

Cheers ALan
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

cookiesdaughtersdad wrote: ↑Thu May 11 2017 07:57 -
Kev Berry wrote: ↑Wed May 10 2017 23:09 -

Cheers Alan

I agree its the owners fault Kev but the resulting behavior from certain breeds/types in particular, does make them "bad dogs", I know it a play on words but that is how I feel about the problems arising from some people who have dogs.

Cheers ALan
its the certain "types" that are the problem Alan, and because they are cross breeds/mongrels usually staffie crosses with a smattering of pit bull and retain the staffie type face that's the breed that gets blamed. Most of these dogs that become a problem probably havnt had a pure breed of any sort in their genealogy for several generations. The type of person who has these sort of dogs are the problem because brought up correctly they pose no problem--trouble is its so easy to make these sort of dogs a problem.
ThePikingEcologist
Roach
Roach

Post by ThePikingEcologist »

Three weeks ago I stopped a man on the Leeds Liverpool canal from feeding an eel he had caught to his Jack Russel. There really are some weird people about.
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Post by Steve Dennington »

Very true. Little dogs do seem to be programmed to be more aggressive and it is a pain, even more so if they're off the lead and totally out of control. My GSD is fine with other dogs if they approach her in a friendly manner, but if any aggression is shown she'll respond in kind. Last winter an off-lead Doberman came flying into the swim and I was a bit concerned to say the least, but they sniffed around each other and the Doberman left. I didn't even see the owner of that dog :neutral: