Stickleback
Stickleback

Re: Dealing with squirrels by way of lead pellet

Post by PikeAUL »

Crackoff wrote: ↑Wed Dec 27 2017 18:56 -
Mike J wrote: ↑Wed Dec 27 2017 18:19 -
cookiesdaughtersdad wrote: ↑Wed Dec 27 2017 15:06 -
PikeAUL wrote: ↑Wed Dec 27 2017 11:16 -
I'd shoot them with my camera an shoot evn more grey squirrels with my rifleπŸ˜‚ Up the reds!✌
Paul, do "reds" not eat from bird tables or take bird eggs etc coz I bet they do!

Cheers Alan

I dont know about birds eggs but Germany I had Reds coming into the house with the walnuts they'd swiped off the tree in the garden, a sharp noise and they dropped the nut, which saved me going to collect them myself.

We have the good old Duke of Bedford to thank for introducing the greys, and he was supposed to be a conservationist.

:shoot:
We have the good old Duke of Bedford to thank for introducing the greys, and he was supposed to be a conservationist.

Was he the one that brought in the Catfish :scratch:

Grant :santa:
Dunno bout Duke of Bedford but I'm with Micheal Heseltine
PikeAUL
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by PikeAUL »

Andrew Croft wrote: ↑Wed Dec 27 2017 19:01 -
I didnt think you could shoot in your back garden :scratch: thumbs up on getting the vermin.
I'd shoot them with my camera an shoot evn more grey squirrels with my rifleπŸ˜‚ Up the reds!✌
Paul, do "reds" not eat from bird tables or take bird eggs etc coz I bet they do!

Cheers Alan
I think you know they do. Are you trying to lead him?

Theres so little reds left these days its probably not an issue with reds. They need our help. I feckin hate the greys, waaaay to many of the b******s.
Land owners permission ;-) an the fence is now much taller an made outa scaff boards for a better backstop.
PikeAUL
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by PikeAUL »

Happy Hayes wrote: ↑Wed Dec 27 2017 19:57 -
Crackoff wrote: ↑Wed Dec 27 2017 12:16 -
cookiesdaughtersdad wrote: ↑Wed Dec 27 2017 10:35 -
PikeAUL wrote: ↑Wed Dec 27 2017 10:22 -
cookiesdaughtersdad wrote: ↑Wed Dec 27 2017 08:41 -
Just wondering, why you kill the squirrels?

Cheers Alan
Hi Alan, I spend about Β£8/wk on birdfood and if I dint do these blighters in I'd be spending Β£16/wk. I often find feeders have been lifted off their brackets an dropped onto the floor so food spills evrywhere sometimes the odd feeder breaks unfortunately. These actions are destructive and therefore in the eyes of the law I am allowed to sort the problem as it is legal 2shoot pest rodents. Also imagine the following yr how many extra pests there'd be then yr on yr if I don't keep em in check. I'm no t**t cause b4 I moved in here the fantastic array of birds I get just weren't here, it's took yrs of work 2attract an get these birds semi - dependant on me.
Thanks for the reply Paul, squirrels like many other species can be destructive and they are an alien species but I'm wondering what would you do if you lived in an area where the indigenous and protected red squirrel lived?

Cheers Alan
Thanks for the reply Paul, squirrels like many other species can be destructive and they are an alien species but I'm wondering what would you do if you lived in an area where the indigenous and protected red squirrel lived?

:laughs: I think a few of the other 2 legged alien species want balancing with a bit of lead in the left ear :guns: :shoot:

Grant :santa:
I like squirrels Red or Grey
I like to watch them work out how to get to the bird seed,cost of the seed don't come into it.
I do agree with Grants last comment though.i like animals,its people I have a problem with. :grin:
Regards
Tom
Can't fault owt u say there Tom :thumbs:
PikeAUL
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by PikeAUL »

Mercman wrote: ↑Wed Dec 27 2017 20:19 -
I dunno why you would shoot them to be honest, quite like seeing them in the garden.

Just a thought...I get badgers in my garden at night sometimes, would you shoot them too? or is it illegal to shoot them?

See I'm a townie can't you....clueless... :grin:
They're destructive and cost me money not only in birdfood an odd broken feeder but chewin gutters/facia boards tryna get in my grg an it's legal! Wouldn't harm a badger as I don't keep cattle an the roads do a good job of killin the poor things.
cookiesdaughtersdad
Zander
Zander

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad »

PikeAUL wrote: ↑Wed Dec 27 2017 21:27 -

Cheers Alan
I'll bet u more that they do, but if ur tryna start trollin me I'll just shoot more Greys an bladder evn more Maggies 2piss u off. If u don't approve of my post don't view the hunting section of this forum an get the hell off my thread, pls.
Not trollin Paul just "talkin" :wink:
For example, if I caught a cormorant while fishing, I would let it go if I could, but give me the licence to shoot 23,000 (ish) and I would happily blast away :guns:
The whole concept of controlling native and non native species is a fascinating one for me, I just dont always feel comfortable with people killing for sport and yet I use live bait.

(the hypocrite that I am face)

Cheers Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.
PikeAUL
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by PikeAUL »

delboy wrote: ↑Wed Dec 27 2017 20:21 -
Some people just like killing things Alan...................................................Thank god I am not one of them
Well u just carry on draggin creatures outa their natural environment where they can't breath usin ur metal hooks that pierce into their mouth flesh an tissue breakin an damaging essential huntin teeth whilst wearin ur blinkers believin ur not causin any distress 2the natural world then! I don't like livebaitin an if the clip title gives the game away I just don't watch then I don't hav2 moan!
Nobby C
Chub
Chub

Post by Nobby C »

Kill 'em all and nail the feckers to the noticeboards on trout fisheries.
cookiesdaughtersdad
Zander
Zander

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad »

Nobby C wrote: ↑Wed Dec 27 2017 23:47 -
Kill 'em all and nail the feckers to the noticeboards on trout fisheries.
Next to the cormorants I presume :laughs:

Chers ALan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.
Nobby C
Chub
Chub

Post by Nobby C »

And the toffs. Happy Christmas all round. Ho ho ho.
Stewlaws
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Stewlaws »

Hunting although emotive is a century old tradition, I love the fieldcraft involved and shot placement under a live condition, it's difficult to explain but is almost primeval.... The factors involved goes beyond words.
I took my partner to the Boxing Day hunt, she is a London born (and certainly a townie) plus views hunting with a disdain, she is going again on new year's day as her views were moved from anti to now curious.
PikeAUL
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by PikeAUL »

cookiesdaughtersdad wrote: ↑Wed Dec 27 2017 21:59 -
PikeAUL wrote: ↑Wed Dec 27 2017 21:27 -

Cheers Alan
I'll bet u more that they do, but if ur tryna start trollin me I'll just shoot more Greys an bladder evn more Maggies 2piss u off. If u don't approve of my post don't view the hunting section of this forum an get the hell off my thread, pls.
Not trollin Paul just "talkin" :wink:
For example, if I caught a cormorant while fishing, I would let it go if I could, but give me the licence to shoot 23,000 (ish) and I would happily blast away :guns:
The whole concept of controlling native and non native species is a fascinating one for me, I just dont always feel comfortable with people killing for sport and yet I use live bait.

(the hypocrite that I am face)

Cheers Alan
No worries then Alan :shake: