Stickleback

Dealing with squirrels by way of lead pellet

Post by PikeAUL »

Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Dealing with squirrels by way of lead pellet

Post by Alan_dalton »

Good shot, the always die dramatically. Felt bad the last squirrel I shot and didn't get a clean kill. Haven't shot one since...but rats that's a different story!
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Alan_dalton wrote: Tue Dec 26 2017 21:09 -
Good shot, the always die dramatically. Felt bad the last squirrel I shot and didn't get a clean kill. Haven't shot one since...but rats that's a different story!
The only difference between them is one has a fluffy tail
no matter what you shoot treat it with respect and go for a clean kill every time

That ---thud---- when it hit the ground :shoot:
PikeAUL
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by PikeAUL »

My record is 74 in 1yr, arf go 2the fox thru the fence an arf go 2an old guy down the hill an he feeds the heart lungs n liver 2his cats an lets the flies lay their eggs on rest of it an feeds resulting maggots into his grdn pond. Go thru small waves of rats 2 livin with a tiny small stream an woodland few yrds away, all good sport from comfort of my livin room thru dinin room out thru open patio doors an bosh ;-)
cookiesdaughtersdad
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad »

Just wondering, why you kill the squirrels?

Cheers Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.
pikerholic2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by pikerholic2 »

It's a sport Alan ....google airgun hunting squirrels

Just wondering ,why do you keep asking stupid questions regarding other people's hobbies?

Cheers crack
Crack Hargreaves...........far out of town.

Mr godfrey I post mostly drivel
jonsykes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by jonsykes »

Apparently you can sell the tails. Forget what they are used for, might it be for gundog lures? Bloke I know gets 75p each, which will help pay for the lead.
jonsykes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by jonsykes »

Well I just googled it, and came across this snippet. Trade them with Mepps for lures!!!

https://www.mepps.com/squirrel-tail/
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Alan_dalton »

cookiesdaughtersdad wrote: Wed Dec 27 2017 08:41 -

Cheers Alan
I used to kill squirrels as part of pest control at my previous job. Now I just shoot rats and rabbits as a hobby and to aid people as a pest controller. Gets me out of the house in the evenings and doesn't take up as much time as fishing
Last edited by Alan_dalton on Wed Dec 27 2017 09:59, edited 1 time in total.
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Alan_dalton »

Cheers Alan

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... veMlVCDYap
cookiesdaughtersdad
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

pikerholic2 wrote: Wed Dec 27 2017 09:16 -
It's a sport Alan ....google airgun hunting squirrels

Just wondering ,why do you keep asking stupid questions regarding other people's hobbies?

Cheers crack
I dont know about "Keep asking" Crack but to ask someone why they shoot and kill an animal is a fair enough question, pikeAUL says at the end of the video, "thats what you feckin get, night night!" implying that the squirrel has done something wrong?
So maybe it's for control of the animals?

Just wondering, what the fecks it got to do with you :laughs:

Cheers Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.
PikeAUL
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by PikeAUL »

Cheers Alan
Hi Alan, I spend about £8/wk on birdfood and if I dint do these blighters in I'd be spending £16/wk. I often find feeders have been lifted off their brackets an dropped onto the floor so food spills evrywhere sometimes the odd feeder breaks unfortunately. These actions are destructive and therefore in the eyes of the law I am allowed to sort the problem as it is legal 2shoot pest rodents. Also imagine the following yr how many extra pests there'd be then yr on yr if I don't keep em in check. I'm no t**t cause b4 I moved in here the fantastic array of birds I get just weren't here, it's took yrs of work 2attract an get these birds semi - dependant on me.
cookiesdaughtersdad
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

PikeAUL wrote: Wed Dec 27 2017 10:22 -

Cheers Alan
Hi Alan, I spend about £8/wk on birdfood and if I dint do these blighters in I'd be spending £16/wk. I often find feeders have been lifted off their brackets an dropped onto the floor so food spills evrywhere sometimes the odd feeder breaks unfortunately. These actions are destructive and therefore in the eyes of the law I am allowed to sort the problem as it is legal 2shoot pest rodents. Also imagine the following yr how many extra pests there'd be then yr on yr if I don't keep em in check. I'm no t**t cause b4 I moved in here the fantastic array of birds I get just weren't here, it's took yrs of work 2attract an get these birds semi - dependant on me.
Thanks for the reply Paul, squirrels like many other species can be destructive and they are an alien species but I'm wondering what would you do if you lived in an area where the indigenous and protected red squirrel lived?

Cheers Alan
PikeAUL
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by PikeAUL »

I'd shoot them with my camera an shoot evn more grey squirrels with my rifle😂 Up the reds!✌
PikeAUL
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by PikeAUL »

jonsykes wrote: Wed Dec 27 2017 09:32 -
Well I just googled it, and came across this snippet. Trade them with Mepps for lures!!!

https://www.mepps.com/squirrel-tail/
Nice 1 Jon, shipping reimbursed on 50 or more tails. Wonder if that'd still stand shipped from UK? Old Alan I give the carcass' to has loads of the old tails still (dunno why) they'd be no good but might ask some fly anglers in my club if they want good 1s salting an saving.
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

cookiesdaughtersdad wrote: Wed Dec 27 2017 10:35 -

Cheers Alan
Thanks for the reply Paul, squirrels like many other species can be destructive and they are an alien species but I'm wondering what would you do if you lived in an area where the indigenous and protected red squirrel lived?

Cheers Alan

:laughs: I think a few of the other 2 legged alien species want balancing with a bit of lead in the left ear :guns: :shoot:

Grant :santa:
Grant Everson :smile:

To that one soul reading this
I know your tired fed up and close to braking
But theres strength within you even when you feel week
You've come too far to give up now
Stay strong and keep fighting
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Grey squirrels eat eggs and young chicks in their nests.
They also strip bark from the upper branches of trees which causes immense damage, allowing disease to enter and even death of the damaged area.

If you cannot shoot them, trap them, they are suckers for a simple trap baited with a few uncooked maize.
You can make an effective trap yourself, just a lift-up door is all thats required, the squirrel lifts the door and allows it to drop behind without the need for a treadle or spring. Sometimes two or more may be caught at one time (I saw 8 in a trap set in the New Forest) rats are the only other species that will enter this design of trap.

Up the Native Reds :thumbs:

But if you dont like traps or shooting, you can always fish for them!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8-x-NiiedjM

:boing:

Well it is the funny season after all :thumbs:

Last edited by Mike J on Wed Dec 27 2017 18:11, edited 1 time in total.
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
PikeAUL
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by PikeAUL »

Yes Crackoff, funny as Mike! Might make summat like this https://youtu.be/DL4yrHFLQAY with a clay pigeon launcher😉
cookiesdaughtersdad
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

PikeAUL wrote: Wed Dec 27 2017 11:16 -
I'd shoot them with my camera an shoot evn more grey squirrels with my rifle😂 Up the reds!✌
Paul, do "reds" not eat from bird tables or take bird eggs etc coz I bet they do!

Cheers Alan
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

cookiesdaughtersdad wrote: Wed Dec 27 2017 15:06 -
Paul, do "reds" not eat from bird tables or take bird eggs etc coz I bet they do!

Cheers Alan

I dont know about birds eggs but Germany I had Reds coming into the house with the walnuts they'd swiped off the tree in the garden, a sharp noise and they dropped the nut, which saved me going to collect them myself.

We have the good old Duke of Bedford to thank for introducing the greys, and he was supposed to be a conservationist.

:shoot:
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

PikeAUL wrote: Wed Dec 27 2017 12:47 -
Yes Crackoff, funny as Mike! Might make summat like this https://youtu.be/DL4yrHFLQAY with a clay pigeon launcher😉
:laughs: :lol: :giggle:

Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

Mike J wrote: Wed Dec 27 2017 18:19 -

Cheers Alan

I dont know about birds eggs but Germany I had Reds coming into the house with the walnuts they'd swiped off the tree in the garden, a sharp noise and they dropped the nut, which saved me going to collect them myself.

We have the good old Duke of Bedford to thank for introducing the greys, and he was supposed to be a conservationist.

Was he the one that brought in the Catfish :scratch:

Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

I didnt think you could shoot in your back garden :scratch: thumbs up on getting the vermin.

Cheers Alan
I think you know they do. Are you trying to lead him?

Theres so little reds left these days its probably not an issue with reds. They need our help. I feckin hate the greys, waaaay to many of the b******s.
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes »

Crackoff wrote: Wed Dec 27 2017 12:16 -
cookiesdaughtersdad wrote: Wed Dec 27 2017 10:35 -

Cheers Alan

Cheers Alan

:laughs: I think a few of the other 2 legged alien species want balancing with a bit of lead in the left ear :guns: :shoot:

I like squirrels Red or Grey
I like to watch them work out how to get to the bird seed,cost of the seed don't come into it.
I do agree with Grants last comment though.i like animals,its people I have a problem with. :grin:
Regards
Tom
delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Post by delboy »

Cheers Alan
Cos it makes them feel good..............................................I feed them,that makes me feel good
Nothing wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its everyone else.
Mercman
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mercman »

I dunno why you would shoot them to be honest, quite like seeing them in the garden.

Just a thought...I get badgers in my garden at night sometimes, would you shoot them too? or is it illegal to shoot them?

See I'm a townie can't you....clueless... :grin:
Ray Waker
delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Post by delboy »

Some people just like killing things Alan...................................................Thank god I am not one of them
Nothing wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its everyone else.
Mercman
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mercman »

delboy wrote: Wed Dec 27 2017 20:21 -
Some people just like killing things Alan...................................................Thank god I am not one of them
You kill loads of tinnies... :gulp:
Ray Waker
PikeAUL
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by PikeAUL »

Cheers Alan
I'll bet u more that they do, but if ur tryna start trollin me I'll just shoot more Greys an bladder evn more Maggies 2piss u off. If u don't approve of my post don't view the hunting section of this forum an get the hell off my thread, pls.
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Crackoff wrote: Wed Dec 27 2017 18:56 -
Mike J wrote: Wed Dec 27 2017 18:19 -

Cheers Alan

Was he the one that brought in the Catfish :scratch:

back in those days Grant being a conservationist meant you shot anything that was rare and had it stuffed.

maybe the greys don't do as much harm as we think apart from kill the reds off (just like we get brought up thinking maggies kill all the songbirds)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/earth/hi/earth_ne ... 448807.stm