Security

If you're a huntsman or have a pet that you're proud of post about it in here
Kev Berry

Security

Post by Kev Berry »

The attack trained security dog was hard at work today
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alan behenna
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Security

Post by alan behenna »

Quite obviously ready to "trip em up".

:thumbs:
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Very well trained Sir.
If she had been cross wise it wouldn't have been possible to step over her.
What do you feed her on, grilled leg of shoplifters?
She must weight 7-8stone at least.
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Mike J wrote: Wed Jul 25 2018 09:10 -
Very well trained Sir.
If she had been cross wise it wouldn't have been possible to step over her.
What do you feed her on, grilled leg of shoplifters?
She must weight 7-8stone at least.
she is 75lb Mike, quite large for a girl bulldog at 16.5" at the shoulder

her job is to stop people leaving who havnt spent enough :laughs:
fishandy
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by fishandy »

did you type that with a stutter kev images of arkwright spring to mind
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

This is what you call a big dog Mike, you can just see Nell's a**e on the left for comparison (she was only about a year old then)
he would eat 2 shoplifters a day :laughs:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Duncan Holmes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Duncan Holmes »

Kev Berry wrote: Wed Jul 25 2018 17:45 -
This is what you call a big dog Mike, you can just see Nell's a**e on the left for comparison (she was only about a year old then)
Is that a Tibetan Kev?
"The opinions expressed in any of my posts are my own and do not reflect the view of the any organisation that I may be associated with."
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Duncan Holmes wrote: Wed Jul 25 2018 18:43 -
Is that a Tibetan Kev?
Caucasian Ovcharka---15 months old

the REAL Tibetans (which you wont see in this country) are about the same size. The really big ones are in Tibet, very few are allowed out of Tibet and only by permission of the Deli Llama. More than likely the ovcharkas are descended from the Tibetans which are reckoned to be one of the oldest breeds.
Duncan Holmes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Duncan Holmes »

Kev Berry wrote: Wed Jul 25 2018 19:16 -
Is that a Tibetan Kev?

the REAL Tibetans (which you wont see in this country) are about the same size. The really big ones are in Tibet, very few are allowed out of Tibet and only by permission of the Deli Llama. More than likely the ovcharkas are descended from the Tibetans which are reckoned to be one of the oldest breeds.
Thanks, we would love a Tibetan but as you say impossible to find.

Will do some research on the Ovchatka, in your experience what is their generalised character?
"The opinions expressed in any of my posts are my own and do not reflect the view of the any organisation that I may be associated with."
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Duncan Holmes wrote: Wed Jul 25 2018 19:28 -
Is that a Tibetan Kev?

Will do some research on the Ovchatka, in your experience what is their generalised character?
not a beginners dog---if you havnt handled big guarding type dogs before this is not the dog for you
they are fantastic family dogs, very clever, and very stubborn, you need to be very firm with them regards who is no 1
they do not need any training to guard or protect
if you have a lot of visitors or your kids have loads of friends round ---don't have one, its not worth the hassle, like I said they will protect and if little johny is screaming he will steam in to protect him even if its just kids playing
Everything they guard belongs to them including kids, bikes cars other dogs---they will not tolerate strangers touching them. Regular visitors they will accept after a while--best to get regulars known while they young pups, they will guard from about 5 months or so.
Heres a pic of Drago at about 6-7 months---we went night fishing for pike with Alan and Nick. They had been feeding him bits of food for a few hours and Al made the mistake of thinking he was "in"---got too close to Christine handing her a cuppa---nearly lost his meat and two veg, I was taking the pic as he was walking towards her with the mug, missed the action shot as I had dived on him (Drago not Alan :laughs:)
They not indoor dogs, they will quite happily lie outside fast asleep in snow, frost, rain, my 2 used to sleep under a bush at best even though they had access to a barn
When they moult you could stuff a mattress, I think every bird nest for miles had dog fur in them--the robins and sparrows were that cheeky they used to pluck it off them when they were asleep. All the young French Bulldogs used to curl up with them to keep warm if it was a bit nippy outside
Duncan Holmes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Duncan Holmes »

Kev Berry wrote: Wed Jul 25 2018 20:37 -
Is that a Tibetan Kev?

not a beginners dog---if you havnt handled big guarding type dogs before this is not the dog for you
they are fantastic family dogs, very clever, and very stubborn, you need to be very firm with them regards who is no 1
if you have a lot of visitors or your kids have loads of friends round ---don't have one, its not worth the hassle, like I said they will protect and if little johny is screaming he will steam in to protect him even if its just kids playing
Everything they guard belongs to them including kids, bikes cars other dogs---they will not tolerate strangers touching them. Regular visitors they will accept after a while--best to get regulars known while they young pups, they will guard from about 5 months or so.
Heres a pic of Drago at about 6-7 months---we went night fishing for pike with Alan and Nick. They had been feeding him bits of food for a few hours and Al made the mistake of thinking he was "in"---got too close to Christine handing her a cuppa---nearly lost his meat and two veg, I was taking the pic as he was walking towards her with the mug, missed the action shot as I had dived on him (Drago not Alan :laughs:)
They not indoor dogs, they will quite happily lie outside fast asleep in snow, frost, rain, my 2 used to sleep under a bush at best even though they had access to a barn
When they moult you could stuff a mattress, I think every bird nest for miles had dog fur in them--the robins and sparrows were that cheeky they used to pluck it off them when they were asleep. All the young French Bulldogs used to curl up with them to keep warm if it was a bit nippy outside
Thanks for that Kev, I have spent my life with big guarding breeds, rotties mainly.

I am down to one now, an 8yo bitch and we fancy a change, but I need a sociable dog that needs to accept new people easily. As gorgeous as they look might not be the right breed for me.
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Duncan Holmes wrote: Wed Jul 25 2018 21:12 -
Is that a Tibetan Kev?

Thanks for that Kev, I have spent my life with big guarding breeds, rotties mainly.

I am down to one now, an 8yo bitch and we fancy a change, but I need a sociable dog that needs to accept new people easily. As gorgeous as they look might not be the right breed for me.
a Leonberger might be the one if you want a similar looking dog

have a look at this Duncan--https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMZz0rvLRtk
Duncan Holmes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Duncan Holmes »

Kev Berry wrote: Wed Jul 25 2018 21:23 -
Duncan Holmes wrote: Wed Jul 25 2018 21:12 -
Is that a Tibetan Kev?

a Leonberger might be the one if you want a similar looking dog

have a look at this Duncan--https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMZz0rvLRtk
I met a couple a few years ago, the male was an outstanding dog :thumbs:
cookiesdaughtersdad
Zander
Zander

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad »

One should have a look a one's pen1s before buying any dog, you two suit large guarding type breeds I wager lol

Cheers Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.
Duncan Holmes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Duncan Holmes »

cookiesdaughtersdad wrote: Wed Jul 25 2018 21:55 -
One should have a look a one's pen1s before buying any dog, you two suit large guarding type breeds I wager lol

Cheers Alan
Yawn
cookiesdaughtersdad
Zander
Zander

Duncan Holmes wrote: Wed Jul 25 2018 22:14 -

Cheers Alan
Yawn
yawn yawn!

Cheeers Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Cheers Alan
I have also owned chi's as well Alan :wink:
cookiesdaughtersdad
Zander
Zander

Kev Berry wrote: Thu Jul 26 2018 08:21 -

Cheers Alan
I have also owned chi's as well Alan :wink:
:laughs: :thumbs:

Cheers Alan
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

What's with the generators, Kev? Are the carp lads buying them to keep their in-bivvy entertainment systems going?
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

davelumb wrote: Thu Jul 26 2018 09:18 -
What's with the generators, Kev? Are the carp lads buying them to keep their in-bivvy entertainment systems going?
Yes the campers need to run their TV's, radios, cd/dvd players, kettles, floodlight systems, phone chargers, folding trouser press, and washing machines :laughs:
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Kev Berry wrote: Thu Jul 26 2018 11:43 -
Yes the campers need to run their TV's, radios, cd/dvd players, kettles, floodlight systems, phone chargers, folding trouser press, and washing machines :laughs:
What a fookin joke they are!
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

davelumb wrote: Thu Jul 26 2018 11:54 -
yep---and so are the fisheries that cater for them---but hey ho, the wolf is kept away from the door
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Kev Berry wrote: Thu Jul 26 2018 12:30 -
yep---and so are the fisheries that cater for them---but hey ho, the wolf is kept away from the door
You'd think that all fisheries would have electricity sockets in every peg in this day and age. :grin:
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

davelumb wrote: Thu Jul 26 2018 12:44 -
You'd think that all fisheries would have electricity sockets in every peg in this day and age. :grin:
maybe they dont cos you just know that some clown will drop a live wire in :laughs:
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Kev Berry wrote: Thu Jul 26 2018 13:21 -
davelumb wrote: Thu Jul 26 2018 12:44 -
maybe they dont cos you just know that some clown will drop a live wire in :laughs:
There are quite a few now with electric sockets in the pegs. Some you don't even need a bivvy - http://cleveleybridgefisheries.com/acco ... ping-pods/ :laughs:
Monts
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Monts »

Somewhat different way back in the day, from one of my favorite angling books "The Carp Catches Club". A collection of rotary letters made into a book, not a fluent read but a bit of history.

MI.JPG

I wonder what those lads would make of it today?
If you wanna go fishing go fishing.- John Gierach
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Monts wrote: Fri Jul 27 2018 17:19 -
Somewhat different way back in the day, from one of my favorite angling books "The Carp Catches Club". A collection of rotary letters made into a book, not a fluent read but a bit of history.

MI.JPG

What about Jack Hilton night fishing "Junelin's" in a Post Office mail bag!

Today's would-be carpers should be forced to read Quest for Carp before casting a line. :grin:
Monts
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Monts »

davelumb wrote: Fri Jul 27 2018 17:31 -

MI.JPG

Today's would-be carpers should be forced to read Quest for Carp before casting a line. :grin:
Very true another good read, but time moves on sadly, but then I like nostalgia. I keep promising myself I'll fish for Carp again on a local river, they are super spooky but once settled and it can take a few hours they like a bit of crust.

River Carp.JPG

Three good fish here in the photo above one was tucked right away, and just a tail wafting, a very long walk away from the car park. Actually, I think I should. Sorry for the thread hijack Kev. :thumbs:
If you wanna go fishing go fishing.- John Gierach
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Monts wrote: Fri Jul 27 2018 17:52 -
davelumb wrote: Fri Jul 27 2018 17:31 -

MI.JPG

Very true another good read, but time moves on sadly, but then I like nostalgia. I keep promising myself I'll fish for Carp again on a local river, they are super spooky but once settled and it can take a few hours they like a bit of crust.

River Carp.JPG

Three good fish here in the photo above one was tucked right away, and just a tail wafting, a very long walk away from the car park. Actually, I think I should. Sorry for the thread hijack Kev. :thumbs:
no probs mate, conversations change :thumbs: