Brilliant :thumbs:
Regards
Tom
Captain Pugwash
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by Captain Pugwash »

Rocky the Patterdale 6yrs old had him from 8 weeks, he"s a real character who lives up to his name flaming fearless.
20191103_102116.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You wont catch owt sat at home on the setee😁
juttle
Perch
Perch

Post by juttle »

Captain Pugwash wrote: Wed Jan 08 2020 21:55 -
Rocky the Patterdale 6yrs old had him from 8 weeks, he"s a real character who lives up to his name flaming fearless.20191103_102116.jpg
I’ve got one of those. A sweeter more gentle natured dog you wouldn’t find. Unless, that it, you’ve got four legs and are any size up to and including a shire horse, then the bloody thing goes mental and wants to kill it. Size doesn’t matter, ferocity doesn’t matter, reputation is irrelevant, she ‘aving it! Bloody dog’s a nightmare!
Bob
Fentiger01
Disco Dave
Disco Dave

Post by Fentiger01 »

This was my beloved Shih Tsui dog Alfie as an 18 month old on the frosty banks of the Old Nene in late 2007. He has been failing this last few months but deteriorated dramatically this week and this morning I had to take the little fella to the vets to be put to sleep. Originally my missus dog, we met when he was only 4 months old. Everyone laughed as he almost instantly 'switched' over from being her lapdog to going fishing, proper muddy walks and to the pub with me, he was always a blokes dog.

It was pretty horrendous looking into his eyes and holding his little head as he passed away, whilst thinking of all the joy and happiness he's brought us all over the years. Perhaps not a breed you'd associate with being a blokes bloke but Alfie was truly a fantastic little dog with a strong heart, as well as an incredible sense of humour and loyalty.

As I watched his heart beat fade away, I felt like a little bit of me went with him, I'm feeling pretty choked to be honest :cry: :cry: :cry:.

RIP Alfie - I love you brother. :worthy:
Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!
Jeffire
Perch
Perch

Post by Jeffire »

Sad news that pal , unless you have owned a dog no one gets the connection and bond you have.
Rip little fella
Fentiger01
Disco Dave
Disco Dave

Post by Fentiger01 »

Cheers Mate! :thumbs: tears rolling down my face as I type......
suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Post by suffolk si »

Been there Dave, heart goes out to you, had to do the same a couple of years ago, I took mine for a last walk along a stretch of river before putting him in the car to go to the vets, can’t go back to that stretch of river now. I genuinely thought of just letting him run off into the woods but he was in a bad way and wood have suffered more.Hardest thing I’ve had to do in a very long time watching him fade away on that vets table after that injection. It does get better though👍
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes »

Fentiger01 wrote: Fri Feb 07 2020 21:37 -

This was my beloved Shih Tsui dog Alfie as an 18 month old on the frosty banks of the Old Nene in late 2007. He has been failing this last few months but deteriorated dramatically this week and this morning I had to take the little fella to the vets to be put to sleep. Originally my missus dog, we met when he was only 4 months old. Everyone laughed as he almost instantly 'switched' over from being her lapdog to going fishing, proper muddy walks and to the pub with me, he was always a blokes dog.

It was pretty horrendous looking into his eyes and holding his little head as he passed away, whilst thinking of all the joy and happiness he's brought us all over the years. Perhaps not a breed you'd associate with being a blokes bloke but Alfie was truly a fantastic little dog with a strong heart, as well as an incredible sense of humour and loyalty.

As I watched his heart beat fade away, I felt like a little bit of me went with him, I'm feeling pretty choked to be honest :cry: :cry: :cry:.

I’m choked up after reading that Dave .
Our dogs aren’t dogs , their like another child or best friend
My boys Twelve now ,past the age of most Shar-pei
In perfect health and long may it stay that way
But who knows what’s around the corner, I can’t bear the thought of it .
Feeling for you mate .
Regards
Tom
Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Nige Johns »

That’s heartbreaking Dave,a lot of us on here have been thru the same ,it does get better with time
Fentiger01
Disco Dave
Disco Dave

Post by Fentiger01 »

Thank you all for your kind words my friends, they are very much appreciated! :thumbs:

It's all just a bit raw at the moment and not just for me, it's incredible what a massive space little Alfie filled in our family environment. My missus took him home when he was only about 12 weeks old. She went to see a litter and despite probably being the runt, he was the only one to go to her and when he rolled over in front of her to get his tummy scratched, that was the deal sealer. He had a properly underslung jaw and looked like he'd been doing the 100m sprint in a 90m gym but everyone always loved him, he was a magnet to people. To see him looking so old when it seemed only like yesterday he was a naughty pup (nicking her shoes that were bigger than him) and the missus in absolute bits nearly broke me. Before I took him, she kissed him one last time and thanked him "For being the best dog and the best friend ever", at that moment I very nearly lost it.

He was one mega loved dog and the house is definitely a bit rubbish tonight without him. :cry:
Steve Le maitre
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Steve Le maitre »

Fentiger01 wrote: Fri Feb 07 2020 21:37 -

A dog is truly the best friend a man could ever have, he too will never forget the bond you both shared. His spirit will forever be grateful to you.
Tiercel
Chub
Chub

Post by Tiercel »

Brought a tear to my eye did that Dave, I feel your pain and the emptiness which I know you'll be feeling, as like many I've been there before sadly many a time but it doesn't get any easier.
Be proud that your beloved little dog had the best that you could possibly offer and without doubt gave back much more than you gave.
Memories are a wonderful thing Dave, cherish them with great fondness my friend.
Dale
Will Smith
James Holgate Award Winner 2023

Post by Will Smith »

They truly are a miss when they leave us Dave, I run quite a few dogs and all of then are getting on now (10 years +) so upset is just lying in the wings. You've done your bit, and provided a good safe home for him fed and looked after him, it sounds like he has repaid you many times over for that.
At least you have the memories, which will stay with you forever.

Will.
Fentiger01
Disco Dave
Disco Dave

Post by Fentiger01 »

Thank you all for your kind words, I really appreciate them right now. :thumbs:
Andytheammer
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Andytheammer »

:cry: As Simon said hard thing to do Dave!
Not looking forward to when the times comes with our 14 year old Springer,
Hopefully have her for a couple of years yet 🤞
Early days I know but are you thinking of getting another?
Andy Sewell
Fentiger01
Disco Dave
Disco Dave

Post by Fentiger01 »

Cheers Andy, we have another Shih Tsui (Fizz) and she's nearly 11. Christ she's been moping round the house all weekend looking for Alfie, it's hard but we've all been spoiling her. This missus is already talking about maybe getting another pup and says maybe it'll help Fizz a bit but I can't think about anything but my wee pal mate. He fished with me on a number of Fen drains & rivers, walked along many with me when he was young and despite perhaps being a bit of a more home orientated breed, rather than being a house-dog he was always happiest out with the wildlife.

He didn't like water though, I only ever remember one tiny little stream that he'd venture into. :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

Kind regards,
Dave
Huggs
Roach
Roach

Post by Huggs »

Gutter losing a dog here is our new greyhound rescue and my daughter seeing out storm Ciara just to put a smile on your face.

A new dog really helps.
Andytheammer
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Andytheammer »

Huggs wrote: Tue Feb 11 2020 08:12 -

Gutter losing a dog here is our new greyhound rescue and my daughter seeing out storm Ciara just to put a smile on your face.

A new dog really helps.
😎👍
Andy Sewell
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Huggs wrote: Tue Feb 11 2020 08:12 -

A new dog really helps.
Dogs! :thumbs:
Will Smith

Post by Will Smith »

I have been wanting to do this for ages, I decided tonight that I should try and do it, I love this photo, it was taken some years ago now and sadly, Sam, the white and Lemon Cocker is no longer with me, he was a smashing little dog.

DSC_0088.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Nell with her new lady friend ( getting a few treats from my new lady friend:wink: )
It hasn't half livened her up this last month having a bit of competition for her expected treats and tidbits
Andytheammer
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Andytheammer »

Kev Berry wrote: Mon Mar 02 2020 19:00 -
Nell with her new lady friend ( getting a few treats from my new lady friend:wink: )
It hasn't half livened her up this last month having a bit of competition for her expected treats and tidbits
Hope Nell’s not the only one who’s livened up a bit eh Kev?
Won’t ask what you have to do to get a treat? :wink: :red:
Andy Sewell
Andytheammer
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Andytheammer »

Will Smith wrote: Thu Feb 13 2020 22:59 -
I have been wanting to do this for ages, I decided tonight that I should try and do it, I love this photo, it was taken some years ago now and sadly, Sam, the white and Lemon Cocker is no longer with me, he was a smashing little dog.

DSC_0088.jpg
Great picture! Some well loved dogs there Will :thumbs:
Andy Sewell
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Andytheammer wrote: Mon Mar 02 2020 21:17 -
Kev Berry wrote: Mon Mar 02 2020 19:00 -
Hope Nell’s not the only one who’s livened up a bit eh Kev?
Won’t ask what you have to do to get a treat? :wink: :red:
Sit up and beg :laughs:
Cyprio
Chub
Chub

Post by Cyprio »

I showed Benson his going on a trip to Scotland in June, :cool:

He can’t wait to take a trip on the Jacobite steam 🚂. He didn’t take his eyes away from the TV
When I played him the train journey :laughs:
C1AFA706-6B96-4B6D-A560-118D79B0085C.jpeg
1D8B154F-D9EB-48EA-A1CF-08532C698563.jpeg
Andy Carpenter
Bob Barker
Perch
Perch

Post by Bob Barker »

Zena..............Tinca............and DeaDee.
TheGirls.jpg
We spend years trying to make something idiot proof then the universe produces a better idiot.
Huggs
Roach
Roach

Post by Huggs »

Bob Barker wrote: Sat Mar 07 2020 19:29 -
Zena..............Tinca............and DeaDee.

TheGirls.jpg
Great piccy :thumbs:
Richsheff
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Richsheff »

Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

The dogs are staving off the boredom by killing their toys.
They late for a walk today cos its drizzling...so its tug of war and play fighting, gonna chuck the feckers outside if they dont stop knocking everything over
suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Post by suffolk si »

My money is on nel wining that tug of war!