Random dog pics ( cus we can )

If you're a huntsman or have a pet that you're proud of post about it in here
User avatar
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 4241
Joined: Sun Jan 04 2015 16:11
Location: Essex

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by Happy Hayes »

Gutted for ya Daniel
My boy Rolo is Thirteen next birthday
He’s very old for a shar pei
How old was Louie
Regards
Tom
Daniel
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 3705
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Lincoln

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by Daniel »

Happy Hayes wrote: Tue Jun 30 2020 18:06 -
Gutted for ya Daniel
My boy Rolo is Thirteen next birthday
He’s very old for a shar pei
How old was Louie
Regards
Tom
About twelve. I noticed he was slowing down a few months ago so had him checked out and he came back with a clean bill of health, the vet even commented that he was in fantastic condition for a pei of his age.
It was such a shock when I realised he'd gone, one moment he's snoring away, and then a sigh, and he was gone.
User avatar
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 4241
Joined: Sun Jan 04 2015 16:11
Location: Essex

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by Happy Hayes »

Daniel wrote: Tue Jun 30 2020 20:06 -
Happy Hayes wrote: Tue Jun 30 2020 18:06 -
Gutted for ya Daniel
My boy Rolo is Thirteen next birthday
He’s very old for a shar pei
How old was Louie
Regards
Tom
About twelve. I noticed he was slowing down a few months ago so had him checked out and he came back with a clean bill of health, the vet even commented that he was in fantastic condition for a pei of his age.
It was such a shock when I realised he'd gone, one moment he's snoring away, and then a sigh, and he was gone.

It’s funny, not long before lockdown I took Rolo to our vet and she too said he was in prime condition for a boy of his age .
Like you I’ve noticed he’s started to slow down ,his hearing is going as is his eyesight.( something we have in common)
Nice to know Rolo isn’t the only one that snores
We all know it’s going to happen ,but it doesn’t help when it does.
I’m so sorry for you mate :handshake:
Regards
Tom
Will Smith
James Holgate Award Winner 2023
James Holgate Award Winner 2023
Posts: 4047
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Snods Edge, Northumberland

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by Will Smith »

That must have been awful for you Daniel, really sorry to hear that, I suppose it was a nice enough way for him to pass; snuggled in with you on the couch.

Will.
User avatar
Jagermaster
Jack Pike
Jack Pike
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Jun 20 2020 14:05
Location: Sweden

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by Jagermaster »

Image
Our's. :thumbs:
User avatar
SmellySmelt
Perch
Perch
Posts: 581
Joined: Mon Jul 06 2020 21:26
Location: Northwest, Ireland

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by SmellySmelt »

Some of the dogs I have👍
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Mercman
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 2674
Joined: Sat Sep 10 2016 13:25
Location: Essex PAC 102

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by Mercman »

When my two dogs passed away, one in October 2019 and one in March we decided that we would get another dog from a dog rescue. To cut a long story short our old dogs were a German Shepard and an Old English Sheep dog two very large dogs. We decided to get something a bit smaller this time. We got in touch with Doodle Aid and they put us in touch with someone looking to re home two Shih poos as a pair. Sad story the 53 year old lady that owned them had passed away after illness and her daughter could not look after them.
We decided to go for them, however we are in Essex and the dogs, we were told were in Newcastle. So photos were supplied and monies paid but they were actually in Berwick upon Tweed.
So my Mercedes Estate was fired up and we left home at 3.10 am last Thursday morning and drove there and back . This car never ceases to surprise me even after 11 years. Yesterday the tyres were checked, oil, coolant and washers topped up and off we went on our way.
11 hours later we are home nearly 700 miles in a day, 38mpg and averaged 62mph.
This is probably the most mileage that I have ever done in one day, but I digress...

They are nicely settled in now and are great little dogs, no real issues so far apart from being a little unsociable to other dogs but this should be trained out of them within a couple of months. They are brother and sister Barney and Belle and are just over a year old.

BARNEY
3C985A45-E9A2-4898-A5C9-D98F93EFB36A.jpeg
BELLE
7030F24D-D20F-46E5-9A18-F2795BC5A8F5.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ray Waker
User avatar
Jagermaster
Jack Pike
Jack Pike
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Jun 20 2020 14:05
Location: Sweden

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by Jagermaster »

Mercman wrote: Sun Jul 12 2020 19:50 -
When my two dogs passed away, one in October 2019 and one in March we decided that we would get another dog from a dog rescue. To cut a long story short our old dogs were a German Shepard and an Old English Sheep dog two very large dogs. We decided to get something a bit smaller this time. We got in touch with Doodle Aid and they put us in touch with someone looking to re home two Shih poos as a pair. Sad story the 53 year old lady that owned them had passed away after illness and her daughter could not look after them.
We decided to go for them, however we are in Essex and the dogs, we were told were in Newcastle. So photos were supplied and monies paid but they were actually in Berwick upon Tweed.
So my Mercedes Estate was fired up and we left home at 3.10 am last Thursday morning and drove there and back . This car never ceases to surprise me even after 11 years. Yesterday the tyres were checked, oil, coolant and washers topped up and off we went on our way.
11 hours later we are home nearly 700 miles in a day, 38mpg and averaged 62mph.
This is probably the most mileage that I have ever done in one day, but I digress...

They are nicely settled in now and are great little dogs, no real issues so far apart from being a little unsociable to other dogs but this should be trained out of them within a couple of months. They are brother and sister Barney and Belle and are just over a year old.

BARNEY
3C985A45-E9A2-4898-A5C9-D98F93EFB36A.jpeg

BELLE

7030F24D-D20F-46E5-9A18-F2795BC5A8F5.jpeg
Lovely looking dogs. Look like real characters!
User avatar
Mercman
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 2674
Joined: Sat Sep 10 2016 13:25
Location: Essex PAC 102

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by Mercman »

Jagermaster wrote: Tue Jul 14 2020 14:38 -
Mercman wrote: Sun Jul 12 2020 19:50 -
When my two dogs passed away, one in October 2019 and one in March we decided that we would get another dog from a dog rescue. To cut a long story short our old dogs were a German Shepard and an Old English Sheep dog two very large dogs. We decided to get something a bit smaller this time. We got in touch with Doodle Aid and they put us in touch with someone looking to re home two Shih poos as a pair. Sad story the 53 year old lady that owned them had passed away after illness and her daughter could not look after them.
We decided to go for them, however we are in Essex and the dogs, we were told were in Newcastle. So photos were supplied and monies paid but they were actually in Berwick upon Tweed.
So my Mercedes Estate was fired up and we left home at 3.10 am last Thursday morning and drove there and back . This car never ceases to surprise me even after 11 years. Yesterday the tyres were checked, oil, coolant and washers topped up and off we went on our way.
11 hours later we are home nearly 700 miles in a day, 38mpg and averaged 62mph.
This is probably the most mileage that I have ever done in one day, but I digress...

They are nicely settled in now and are great little dogs, no real issues so far apart from being a little unsociable to other dogs but this should be trained out of them within a couple of months. They are brother and sister Barney and Belle and are just over a year old.

BARNEY
3C985A45-E9A2-4898-A5C9-D98F93EFB36A.jpeg

BELLE

7030F24D-D20F-46E5-9A18-F2795BC5A8F5.jpeg
Lovely looking dogs. Look like real characters!
Thanks very much, they are! Your two are big fella's, we've always had two large dogs so these two are a breeze to look after.
Ray Waker
User avatar
Andytheammer
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 2725
Joined: Mon Jan 27 2014 22:43
Location: Essex

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by Andytheammer »

SmellySmelt wrote: Fri Jul 10 2020 19:18 -
Some of the dogs I have👍
Some of? How many you got?
Andy Sewell
User avatar
SmellySmelt
Perch
Perch
Posts: 581
Joined: Mon Jul 06 2020 21:26
Location: Northwest, Ireland

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by SmellySmelt »

Andytheammer wrote: Tue Jul 14 2020 19:45 -
SmellySmelt wrote: Fri Jul 10 2020 19:18 -
Some of the dogs I have👍
Some of? How many you got?
Six bud.
Kev Berry

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by Kev Berry »

This dog can fall asleep anywhere
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Edward.P.A.C
Bailiff
Bailiff
Posts: 6707
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by Edward.P.A.C »

As long as they're comfortable nothing else matters.......... :roll:
IMG_0291.jpeg
And ready to run..............
IMG_0284.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kev Berry

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by Kev Berry »

Nothing beats Nell in tug of war :laughs:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Duncan Holmes
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 4946
Joined: Mon Feb 20 2012 06:00
Location: In the heart of Norfolk
Contact:

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by Duncan Holmes »

Kev Berry wrote: Wed Oct 21 2020 22:48 -
Nothing beats Nell in tug of war :laughs:
Ruby would have given her a run for her money in her prime.

Now she's more likely to sneak on the bed for a snooze.
20200705_090920.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The opinions expressed in any of my posts are my own and do not reflect the view of the any organisation that I may be associated with."
User avatar
Cyprio
Chub
Chub
Posts: 2449
Joined: Sat Oct 24 2015 22:02
Location: Suffolk

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by Cyprio »

Duncan Holmes wrote: Wed Oct 21 2020 23:44 -
Kev Berry wrote: Wed Oct 21 2020 22:48 -
Nothing beats Nell in tug of war :laughs:
Ruby would have given her a run for her money in her prime.

Now she's more likely to sneak on the bed for a snooze.

20200705_090920.jpg
If dogs could talk!
Jamie " What you doing on the bed?"
Ruby. " HE Loves ME more!"
:smile:
Andy Carpenter
User avatar
Andytheammer
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 2725
Joined: Mon Jan 27 2014 22:43
Location: Essex

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by Andytheammer »

Duncan Holmes wrote: Wed Oct 21 2020 23:44 -
Kev Berry wrote: Wed Oct 21 2020 22:48 -
Nothing beats Nell in tug of war :laughs:
Ruby would have given her a run for her money in her prime.

Now she's more likely to sneak on the bed for a snooze.

20200705_090920.jpg
He’s got some Big paws for sure 🐾 😎
Andy Sewell
rich
Roach
Roach
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon May 18 2015 00:31

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by rich »

My other half, and the better looking one out of the two of us..😄
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Huggs
Roach
Roach
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Nov 10 2018 14:21

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by Huggs »

Image

Winnie checking out some rabbits
User avatar
SmellySmelt
Perch
Perch
Posts: 581
Joined: Mon Jul 06 2020 21:26
Location: Northwest, Ireland

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by SmellySmelt »

Huggs wrote: Mon Nov 02 2020 22:03 -
Image

Winnie checking out some rabbits
Nice, is she a pure?
Huggs
Roach
Roach
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Nov 10 2018 14:21

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by Huggs »

SmellySmelt wrote: Mon Nov 02 2020 22:37 -
Huggs wrote: Mon Nov 02 2020 22:03 -
Image

Winnie checking out some rabbits
Nice, is she a pure?
77 races one of 2400 pups fathered by Ballymac Vic. Easiest greyhound we have rescued.
juttle
Perch
Perch
Posts: 720
Joined: Sun Feb 19 2012 06:00

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by juttle »

She’s bloody beautiful mate!
Bob
User avatar
Greenfingers
Gudgeon
Gudgeon
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 29 2020 13:06

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by Greenfingers »

Image

My boy Finley , English springer
YoU CaN't cAtcH FiSh SitTiNg At HoMe
Will Smith
James Holgate Award Winner 2023
James Holgate Award Winner 2023
Posts: 4047
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Snods Edge, Northumberland

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by Will Smith »

Spaniels, you gotta love them.

Will.
User avatar
SmellySmelt
Perch
Perch
Posts: 581
Joined: Mon Jul 06 2020 21:26
Location: Northwest, Ireland

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by SmellySmelt »

The next generation of woodcock tormentors!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alfredpike123
Gudgeon
Gudgeon
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Oct 09 2020 21:04

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by alfredpike123 »

SmellySmelt wrote: Fri Jul 10 2020 19:18 -
Some of the dogs I have👍
Is the top one a Fell,just like my late old mate Alfred. :cry:
User avatar
SmellySmelt
Perch
Perch
Posts: 581
Joined: Mon Jul 06 2020 21:26
Location: Northwest, Ireland

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by SmellySmelt »

alfredpike123 wrote: Mon Nov 30 2020 23:22 -
SmellySmelt wrote: Fri Jul 10 2020 19:18 -
Some of the dogs I have👍
Is the top one a Fell,just like my late old mate Alfred. :cry:
Some people would call her a fell, I’d call her a black terrier. There’s a bit of russell way back. She is good at what she does, otherwise I wouldn’t stick her at all, major pain in the hole.
User avatar
Cyprio
Chub
Chub
Posts: 2449
Joined: Sat Oct 24 2015 22:02
Location: Suffolk

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by Cyprio »

The Water Meadows were just that today.
Someone had some fun :grin:
FF8F203D-BF05-457C-8271-4367E69C9F83.jpeg
F93A30CE-54BC-41D1-AB37-CAED08290940.jpeg
B886545C-44BF-4C9B-BAC1-4589D06345C6.jpeg
Apologies for quality, cut from video :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andy Carpenter
suffolk si
Zander
Zander
Posts: 7862
Joined: Thu Jul 03 2014 23:41
Location: broadland

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by suffolk si »

Cyprio wrote: Tue Dec 22 2020 15:23 -
The Water Meadows were just that today.
Someone had some fun :grin:
FF8F203D-BF05-457C-8271-4367E69C9F83.jpeg
F93A30CE-54BC-41D1-AB37-CAED08290940.jpeg
B886545C-44BF-4C9B-BAC1-4589D06345C6.jpeg

Apologies for quality, cut from video :wink:
thats a big lump to be air born Andy, looks very very happy though!
User avatar
Fentiger01
Disco Dave
Disco Dave
Posts: 9866
Joined: Tue Sep 06 2011 05:00
Location: Far side of the moon.

Re: Random dog pics ( cus we can )

Post by Fentiger01 »

Mercman wrote: Sun Jul 12 2020 19:50 -
When my two dogs passed away, one in October 2019 and one in March we decided that we would get another dog from a dog rescue. To cut a long story short our old dogs were a German Shepard and an Old English Sheep dog two very large dogs. We decided to get something a bit smaller this time. We got in touch with Doodle Aid and they put us in touch with someone looking to re home two Shih poos as a pair. Sad story the 53 year old lady that owned them had passed away after illness and her daughter could not look after them.
We decided to go for them, however we are in Essex and the dogs, we were told were in Newcastle. So photos were supplied and monies paid but they were actually in Berwick upon Tweed.
So my Mercedes Estate was fired up and we left home at 3.10 am last Thursday morning and drove there and back . This car never ceases to surprise me even after 11 years. Yesterday the tyres were checked, oil, coolant and washers topped up and off we went on our way.
11 hours later we are home nearly 700 miles in a day, 38mpg and averaged 62mph.
This is probably the most mileage that I have ever done in one day, but I digress...

They are nicely settled in now and are great little dogs, no real issues so far apart from being a little unsociable to other dogs but this should be trained out of them within a couple of months. They are brother and sister Barney and Belle and are just over a year old.

BARNEY
3C985A45-E9A2-4898-A5C9-D98F93EFB36A.jpeg

BELLE

7030F24D-D20F-46E5-9A18-F2795BC5A8F5.jpeg
Cracking little dogs Mercman. We had two of them mate but lost our older Shih Tsui Alfie last Feb, he was very nearly 14 and was a truly fantastic little dog. it was very hard losing him. We've still got Fizz who:s nearing 12 and is quite happy showing our new Cockerpoo puppy Chip (6 months old but twice her size), just who exactly is boss. :thumbs:
Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!
Post Reply