Dog boots

If you're a huntsman or have a pet that you're proud of post about it in here
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Dog boots

Post by Alan_dalton »

When I'm fishing l always Chuck my little terrier out to run alongside the boat or when I'm static fishing. Problem is when she gets back in the boat she goed mad licking her feet an this continues when I get home and she can't settle and keeps going crazy. Obviously she not very happy. Has any one tried boots for theit dog or can recommend a good manufactures?
Last edited by Alan_dalton on Sat Jan 05 2019 20:35, edited 1 time in total.
Cyprio
Chub
Chub

Re: Dog boots

Post by Cyprio »

Better to ask Mick. Apparently the Duchess (Biff) has a different set to suit the weather :laughs: :laughs:

Could try putting Vaseline on and around her pads. Before going out.
We used to put a Tea Tree cream on Max's feet as he would lick his pads red raw if his feet got soaked for too long in the winter. .
Atherletes foot cream helped repair and stop the itching when we got home.

Gritted roads and pavements cause irritation to their paws as well.

Andy
Andy Carpenter
john evans
Barbel
Barbel

Post by john evans »

Alan you could try pawz rubber socks,, murphy used one on his front left paw as he seemed to get that one red raw with irritation at times,,he was fine with just one on but went daft like a drunk giraffe on acid if we put them on all 4 feet
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Alan_dalton »

:thumbs: cheers
RAB-HENDO
Zander
Zander

Post by RAB-HENDO »

uggs ain’t cheap👍🏻
DANCES WAE PIKE
Huggs
Roach
Roach

Post by Huggs »

Saw some stick on pad protectors recently.
morph
Perch
Perch

Post by morph »

My dads dog used to do this as does my dog.

Worked out it's the stinging nettles. Sorry no help with boots just an idea what's causing it.

Been a lot worse the past few years as these warm/mild winter don't seem to kill off the nettles and they are growing all year round.
Carlperkins
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Carlperkins »

It’s nettles for mine too
Some times she gets to a point and just stops.......
Have to pick her up 😂
That Perkins !!! 😂
nigel savage
Chub
Chub

Post by nigel savage »

Nettles with Smith as well, he's fine until he gets home, then he starts scratching and licking his pads for about an hour
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

This time of the year nettles always sting the hardest, when they are small leafed and starting to grow, plus sting of a nettle becomes more active when the body warms up, try it yourself and see.
If you immerse the dogs foot in very cold water the stinging will quickly subside because the 'venom' is driven deeper into the body where it is rapidly dissipated.

I suspect your problems are with a dog that is kept in a centrally heated house.
When a dog lives in a house their feet do not develop the exceptionally hard pad of a dog that lives its life outside kennelled in a dog run, working dogs still get stung but less so and the effect never really troubles them.
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus