Guard dogs

If you're a huntsman or have a pet that you're proud of post about it in here
tigger996
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Re: Guard dogs

Post by tigger996 »

I have 4 Dobermans. If a burglar got in they would rush to get a toy to give him. But when someone is near our house they fall out over a toy and start barking and growling at each other. They sound as if they are ready to rip someones throat out. I would go for a Caucasian Shepherd for a guard dog as the size would be enough put any burglar off.
dave-newman
Chub
Chub

Post by dave-newman »

2 German Sheps, 9months and 5 years, both rescues from GSR-ELITE
Jagermaster
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Jagermaster »

Kev Berry wrote: Fri Sep 06 2019 21:50 -
You want one of these, top one is dad to the 5 month pup we imported below (which almost nailed Alan when he passed Christine a cuppa :laughs: ).
Good family dogs, but you need to know how to handle big dogs. Will guard you, your family, especially kids, and your property to the death without training.
Not a dog to be left out on its own if you expect people it doesn't know coming round.
These dogs will see people cocking a leg over your fence long before they see them, and will be waiting .
Used by Russian military. They have the strongest bite of any dog. Will happily live outside in temps down to minus 30.
The two I had didn't want to sleep inside or even in the barn, they just laid out in the open or at best under a bush no matter what the weather was

Had Neapolitan mastiffs as well, another brilliant family dog, very good guard, looks deceptively slow and sluggish at times but can turn from a gentle giant onto a raving demon that's faster than a fast thing if someone presses the wrong button, its not a dog you want to be on the wrong side of the fence with if you shouldn't be there .

I had rotties before people knew what they were, 40 years ago they were massive dogs, very good with family and very defensive, tendency to bark at intruders first unlike ovcharka's and neos who will eat first ask questions later, again not a first timers dog
Hi Kev, really nice looking dog mate. Absolutely not for first timers though. My best mate in the Village has a 90kg male from Jozo dogs . Garov. Easily the most dangerous dog I have ever met and has the strongest guarding instinct I have ever encountered. I've been living here for 2 years and have met the dog loads of times and I still can't touch him.He tolerates me nothing more, won't even take a sausage from me.

I have Cane Corsos, similar in guarding instinct to the Rotties. They love us and are very aloof and suspicious of new people. You would have to be mad to try and break into my cabin.ImageImage

Cheers mate!
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes »

That’s a beautiful looking dog :thumbs:
Regards
Tom
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Jagermaster wrote: Sun Jul 05 2020 07:39 -
Kev Berry wrote: Fri Sep 06 2019 21:50 -
You want one of these, top one is dad to the 5 month pup we imported below (which almost nailed Alan when he passed Christine a cuppa :laughs: ).
Good family dogs, but you need to know how to handle big dogs. Will guard you, your family, especially kids, and your property to the death without training.
Not a dog to be left out on its own if you expect people it doesn't know coming round.
These dogs will see people cocking a leg over your fence long before they see them, and will be waiting .
Used by Russian military. They have the strongest bite of any dog. Will happily live outside in temps down to minus 30.
The two I had didn't want to sleep inside or even in the barn, they just laid out in the open or at best under a bush no matter what the weather was

Had Neapolitan mastiffs as well, another brilliant family dog, very good guard, looks deceptively slow and sluggish at times but can turn from a gentle giant onto a raving demon that's faster than a fast thing if someone presses the wrong button, its not a dog you want to be on the wrong side of the fence with if you shouldn't be there .

I had rotties before people knew what they were, 40 years ago they were massive dogs, very good with family and very defensive, tendency to bark at intruders first unlike ovcharka's and neos who will eat first ask questions later, again not a first timers dog
Hi Kev, really nice looking dog mate. Absolutely not for first timers though. My best mate in the Village has a 90kg male from Jozo dogs . Garov. Easily the most dangerous dog I have ever met and has the strongest guarding instinct I have ever encountered. I've been living here for 2 years and have met the dog loads of times and I still can't touch him.He tolerates me nothing more, won't even take a sausage from me.

I have Cane Corsos, similar in guarding instinct to the Rotties. They love us and are very aloof and suspicious of new people. You would have to be mad to try and break into my cabin.ImageImage

Cheers mate!
My biggest neo topped 220lb...softer than an overripe tomatoes with everyone....till he got a whiff of something not right then he changed instantly from the big dozy half asleep dog into your biggest nightmare if you were upto something you shouldnt.
Neos can be very aloof...they choose who to be friends with and only tolerate others so long as they dont overstep the mark.