Walther Springer

If you're a huntsman or have a pet that you're proud of post about it in here
jonsykes
Barbel
Barbel

Walther Springer

Post by jonsykes »

I'm not into shooting, but I just bought a gun from someone who was cash-strapped.
Wondered if any interest on here before I find an appropriate place to advertise it - in fact where can I try sell it?

The gun is a Walther Springer LGU, modified & upgraded by Paul Short & tuned by Nick Gibney. Apparently there's £400 worth of extras on it.
Danoutdoors
Chub
Chub

Re: Walther Springer

Post by Danoutdoors »

Share it on a spring fun Facebook page, there’s some serious collectors on there, just go on looking for info and what it’s worth, you might get some offers, my friend sold a custom springer the same way for very good profit.
jonsykes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by jonsykes »

Thanks Dan, I'll have a look.
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

Bloody good guns, in the same league as Weihrauch 97 and Air arms TX200

How much are after? I'll ask about!
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

jonsykes wrote: Fri Jul 03 2020 14:56 -
I'm not into shooting, but I just bought a gun from someone who was cash-strapped.
Wondered if any interest on here before I find an appropriate place to advertise it - in fact where can I try sell it?

The gun is a Walther Springer LGU, modified & upgraded by Paul Short & tuned by Nick Gibney. Apparently there's £400 worth of extras on it.
You did very well, but you'd be daft to sell it without getting it rated first, it could be its been modified over the legal limit.

Globally the LGU is rated as the most accurate air rifle straight out of the box.
I bought an LGU Master Pro in .177 less than a year ago, fitted a half decent scope and single piece mount and it gives shot upon shot one hole accuracy and hasn't missed a single rat.

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
jonsykes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by jonsykes »

Bob Watson wrote: Fri Jul 03 2020 18:28 -
Bloody good guns, in the same league as Weihrauch 97 and Air arms TX200

How much are after? I'll ask about!
I was told £600-£650 is the value Bob. I'd be happy with the lower price.
Brian Springthorpe
Charity Fundraiser
Charity Fundraiser

Post by Brian Springthorpe »

Gun trader is a good selling platform for air rifles.
Really good gun but I think you may struggle to get 600 plus for it , I would say 450 is more realistic
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

Agree with Brian.

People aren't willing to pay for mods' or extras, it's still the same gun in the buyers eyes!

I'm selling a BSA Ultra multi, recently serviced and regulator fitted at a cost of £120, but doesn't really add value to the gun, even though the regulator increases shot count and overall (through the shot range) accuracy. When I had it fitted I intended keeping the gun, it might be a plus on the selling point but I won't get back what I spent on top of the value of the gun, the loss is mine.